All things STOCKS

Katy bought 25,000 shares of Telsa yesterday. Based on that piece of information, I'll predict TSLA drops until $100 today....lulz! Actually, that won't happen....think a whole bunch of people will be buying to cover shorts. Could move up....could even be a short squeeze.

Cathie Wood has acknowledged in her year-end newsletter that a risk-off market environment has pushed investors back toward benchmarks during the last two years, disadvantaging strategies that focus on disruptive innovation.

What Happened: Wood said, "While innovation solves problems and typically gains traction during difficult times, some companies may be cutting back on research and development and other investments to build cash as a buffer against the fallout from higher interest rates."

See Also: Best Penny Stocks

The Ark Investment Managementfounder explained the current scenario citing the increased cash levels which have not been this high since the 9/11 crisis in 2001, according to the latest BofA Fund Manager Survey. She also pointed towards the fact that investors have been overweight bonds for the first time since April 2009.

Fear of the future is palpable these days, but crisis historically has created opportunities, Wood wrote.

In a year that was marred by a major rout in the financial markets, funds run by Ark Investment Management declined much more than any major Wall Street indices on a year-to-date basis at the time of writing. The flagship ARK Innovation ETF(NYSE:ARKK) and the ARK Next Generation Internet ETF(NYSE:ARKW) fell over 69% each in the said period.

Some of Wood's top picks like Exact Sciences Corp(NASDAQ:EXAS) and Zoom Video Communications Inc(NASDAQ:ZM) have lost over 39% and 64% since the beginning of the year. Her prominent pick Tesla Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) has declined over 72% in the said period, at the time of writing.

High PCR: Wood pointed out that in December, the CBOE equity put/call ratio surged above 2.0, the highest level on record, surpassing the ratios in both the tech and telecom bubble and the Global Financial Crisis.

"In hindsight, both of those times were terrific opportunities to put funds to work in highly differentiated ways. To the extent investors have reserves of cash to put to work, Ark believes that this time will be no different and that innovation strategies will be prime beneficiaries when equity markets recover," she said. Ark Invest is focused on the commercialization of new technologies during the next five years, Wood added.

"Bid $500 bil"

LOL

Might be a good combination. The Apple car is coming in 4 or 5 years but needs a platform. GOOG, INTC, and MSFT are deep into their AV plans.

AAPL would be lucky to get TSLA with just a 43% premium. They ought to sell off the vehicle manufacturing if they were to pull it off though. Follow MSFT’s model and work with multiple manufacturers.

Might be a good combination. The Apple car is coming in 4 or 5 years but needs a platform. GOOG, INTC, and MSFT are deep into their AV plans.

AAPL would be lucky to get TSLA with just a 43% premium. They ought to sell off the vehicle manufacturing if they were to pull it off though. Follow MSFT’s model and work with multiple manufacturers.

TSLA is southbound and down. About to head toward $100 this afternoon.

Surely the shorty's will step in and cover? For taxes

^^^^ I would say "hogs get slaughtered" in a situation like that, but the last time I did that, I don't think anybody got anything out of it.

so, Yes. yes they will.

Just because you can be an auto manufacturer doesn't mean you should be an auto manufacturer.

And I think that TSLA should be a battery maker, technology developer, a power company, and collect licensing on their drive systems. Stamping sheet metal and bolting it together isn’t something that they need to be doing. But for now they can collect a premium on the branding. A Tesla is still a status symbol. And a tax credit. And a virtue signal.

EVs are approaching middle age. Or at least less of a startup type of business. The big wave will be AVs. Autonomous vehicles. Uber/Lyft. MSFT. INTC/MobilEye. Google/Alphabet. And AVs have a big opportunity in trucking - especially as driver supply falls behind demand. AVs also have a great demo with aging Boomers.

My CAT shorts a printing.

Seems like about anything short is having a nice day. My only green longs are ICE, CME, and KD. BUT, as red as everything is today, it’s mostly only a percent or two each. Not too much blood in the streets. Some of my energy holdings are the biggest percentage losers. UNG - yikes!

Exactly my point. At the end of day, I think Tim is too smart to enter cut throat car business.

He needs to do something to stay connected with consumer mobility. Something like calling up an Uber on your iPhone seems more likely. GOOG has a good lead in mapping that is critical for AVs.

Tesla has had a misstep putting their AV software in Tesla models. Naturally there will be early failures/crashes. Those damaged the brand even though their system might be the most advanced.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
Looking good on Spy.

Who knows with TSLA?

It was slightly strategic. The Spy puts position is worth about $2600. We open green and I’ll lose half that. If Tesla is up say $4, that’s a wash. Open green and gap up, I’ll make enough on the 350 Tesla shares to cover the Spy loss. Open red by .3-1% on Spy and $2600 is probably worth $6,000. Tesla would have to drop like 15% tomorrow for me to lose $6,000 on those shares. And I’d ditch them way before that happened….

“Strategic” lol

Reactions: Jax_Vol
It was slightly strategic. The Spy puts position is worth about $2600. We open green and I’ll lose half that. If Tesla is up say $4, that’s a wash. Open green and gap up, I’ll make enough on the 350 Tesla shares to cover the Spy loss. Open red by .3-1% on Spy and $2600 is probably worth $6,000. Tesla would have to drop like 15% tomorrow for me to lose $6,000 on those shares. And I’d ditch them way before that happened….

“Strategic” lol

TSLA already up $5 so you are good to go. Brilliant!

VN Store

Back