The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

They can’t give up 30 points in 3 quarters again, though. That’s not going to work offensively for what’s left on this team.

If the Titans turn it over 4 times again it will be a bloodbath. If we play mistake free then it will the typical game where we will have chance at the end. Defense will play good enough.

Well, RT has a higher passer rating in every game this season than Dobbs tonight if that helps.

Plus several of those games played with a bum ankle.
None of them played without Derrick Henry

I dont think Dobbs is better but....there's not that big of a difference.

Rating also would've been better without three blatant drops by receivers tonight

Rating also would've been better without three blatant drops by receivers tonight

But RT has been playing with the same bum receivers all season, so by the same logic you can say RT's ratings would have been higher too.

Also had Henry played, Dobbs actually would have likley passed less.

It's one game, man. I like Dobbs. I think he probably has a higher floor than most people just due to his smarts and natural skillset. But there's a reason he's been on the bench for 6 years, whereas Tannehill has been a starter pretty much ever since he came into the league. I'd say there's still probably a sizable gap between the two when healthy.

But RT has been playing with the same bum receivers all season, so by the same logic you can say RT's ratings would have been higher too.

Also had Henry played, Dobbs actually would have likley passed less.
Can't remember too many games with three really bad drops

I also only said that I didn't see a BIG difference.

Which can be looked at as

Ryan Tannehill has sucked

Or

Dobbs is actually kinda good, only been here 8 days, first career start, no Derrick, doesn't look all that different than if Tannehill played.

I'm somewhere in between Tannehill has kinda lost it or Dobbs is actually good and you can only be but so good in this offense.

Elite? No. Also, just how in the hell do you interpret tonight's performance as Dobbs outperforming Dak Prescott? You obviously watched a different game than I did.

At the time when I made the comment his qbr was far higher than Prescott. And yes, many consider Prescott a top ten qb.

It's one game, man. I like Dobbs. I think he probably has a higher floor than most people just due to his smarts and natural skillset. But there's a reason he's been on the bench for 6 years, whereas Tannehill has been a starter pretty much ever since he came into the league. I'd say there's still probably a sizable gap between the two when healthy.
Yeah but did you see a BIG difference?

Yall are acting like I said

"Dobbs is as good as Tannehill"

There just wasn't a big difference

That game looked like almost every other Titans game when RT started all year.

Autry is probably the most underrated guy we have. If you name our top ten guys, sounds like we were missing about half of them
Actually, more than that imo, somewhere between 70 & 80%.

The only ones we had today was Byard...... Burks and Chig?

Reactions: Vol8188
At the time when I made the comment his qbr was far higher than Prescott. And yes, many consider Prescott a top ten qb.
I haven't heard anyone arguing that Dak Prescott is a Top 10 QB talent in the NFL, and even if they were, Top 10 isn't elite.

Dobbs looked ok but you gotta remember he’s been on 7 teams in 6 years so he better look ok. Made some great throws on the run and in the pocket and some really bad ones as well. The jags have to be heavy favorites next week no matter how many guys didn’t play tonight.

Can't remember too many games with three really bad drops

I also only said that I didn't see a BIG difference.

Which can be looked at as

Ryan Tannehill has sucked

Or

Dobbs is actually kinda good, only been here 8 days, first career start, no Derrick, doesn't look all that different than if Tannehill played.

I'm somewhere in between Tannehill has kinda lost it or Dobbs is actually good and you can only be but so good in this offense.

Yeah and I'm thinkg the orange colored glasses you have on right now has a lot to do with that. The receiving corps' peformance has been a problem all year.

Yeah but did you see a BIG difference?

Yall are acting like I said

"Dobbs is as good as Tannehill"

There just wasn't a big difference

That game looked like almost every other Titans game when RT started all year.

In my defense, I didn't say you said he was just as good. I just disagree that there isn't a "big difference". I actually think that there probably is.

Was it evident tonight? No, not really. Hell, Dobbs straight up impressed me. But there was also almost no pressure with all the starters being out and no Henry. It literally felt like a preseason game, and I've seen fools gold way too many times to buy in after one game. If he comes out and performs well against JAX next week with the division on the line, I'll buy in a quite a bit more.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan

VN Store

Back