The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Might want to pump the brakes here. Dobbs has done well but given it was Willis the bar was extremely low. This also proves that Willis is really that bad and the Titans need to just cut their losses with that guy.
I'm not sure you can judge any QB playing behind that o line with limited wr options in this offensive scheme.

Reactions: Vol8188
Hard to know much about Willis given how bad everyone around him is. I see it as Dobbs playing decent (out playing a guy many would consider elite) with a terrible cast around him.

I don’t think he wins a super bowl or even makes the playoffs for you, but I think he could be a decent option next year

I mean......a guy who has been around 6 years and barely played (and not since 2018) walk in and a week look a million times better than Willis, who's started 3 games this year and has been with the team since the spring. I get he's a rookie but I have a hard time thinking he comes back from this with the Titans at least.

Reactions: CR-vol
Dobbs has played a lot better than most expected, but plays like that are what will always limit him. Sometimes you just have to take what the defense gives you, if he ran we would’ve picked up a few yards and the drive would still be alive.

I'm not sure you can judge any QB playing behind that o line with limited wr options in this offensive scheme.

I can when Dobbs walks in and looks a million times better; and I don't think it's because Dobbs is some Tom Brady diamond in the rough.

I can when Dobbs walks in and looks a million times better; and I don't think it's because Dobbs is some Tom Brady diamond in the rough.
He's a rookie. Dobbs is certainly better. But the dudes had 6 years to study the craft. Big difference.

He's a rookie. Dobbs is certainly better. But the dudes had 6 years to study the craft. Big difference.

I agree only to an extent. Dobbs has barely played in said 6 years, Willis actually had 3 starts and has gotten worse with each game. You can't beat actual in game experience; unless you're Willis I guess.

Hard to know much about Willis given how bad everyone around him is. I see it as Dobbs playing decent (out playing a guy many would consider elite) with a terrible cast around him.

I don’t think he wins a super bowl or even makes the playoffs for you, but I think he could be a decent option next year
Are you calling Willis elite? Lol.

I agree only to an extent. Dobbs has barely played in said 6 years, Willis actually had 3 starts and has gotten worse with each game. You can't beat actual in game experience; unless you're Willis I guess.
In game experience is of little value if you don't know what you're looking at/for. The game doesn't slow down for even the greats until a year or two in the league in just about every instance. 6 years experience in the league with limited in game reps trumps 3 rushed starts as rookie before the guy is even ready in a horrid offensive situation.

With that said I roll with Dobbs moving forward and next year unless you go a different direction. Willis has to clearly overtake the job to win it. I don't think it's likely he's the guy for what it's worth but I can't evaluate a guy in an impossible situation as rookie and difinitively make that concrete determination at this point.

VN Store

Back