Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 525934
Never seen anything like this in the winter time 😳
It is a annual occurrence where I grew up in the far northern Texas panhandle. The Siberian Express just comes roaring down the east slope of the Rockies all the way from the Arctic with ridiculous effects.

In mid to late December one year I stopped at the M.E. Moses department store to go their old fashioned soda fountain-ice cream-lunch counter downtown on my way to work after school...it was 76 and balmy when I went in, but when I left 30 minutes later it was 32 and dropping with the wind blowing 25+ mph and got down 10-15 below zero that night with a -45 degree wind chill...I will never forget that....every pond in town froze 4-5 feet thick over the next 4-5 days.

I hate cold weather now, but I loved it when I was young...🥶

How? Who is our highest draft pick next year? Not seeing much
Did you see Jalin Hyatt likely being a first rounder this time last year? I don't necessarily agree that we have "too much talent to only win 7 games" because that absolutely could happen but I also don't know who's gonna break out and put in the offseason work to the level Hyatt and several others did.

Keyton and McCoy could work their way into the 1st or 2nd round. Baron? Does Mitchell play to his potential? Of course if Milton plays to his then it's not even a question.

I don't expect next season to be better than this season but I expect it to be fun. 8-9 wins, solid bowl, big recruiting class and we roll into Nico time in 24.

Y’all can keep that snow stuff up there. If it snows this close to the gulf coast, the apocalypse is about to happen.
Lol..if you really want to avoid extended cold snaps, you gotta get south of the Ocala line. I loved that about T-Bay...if a cold front(low 30s-low 40s)ever made it that far south it didn't hang out more than a few hours to maybe a day...then right back to the high 60-70s.

I remember it dropping down real cold and snowing about an inch or so in Dothan Alabama when I visited my Dad one winter when he lived there in the early 90s. That blew my mind, but of course the dip didn't last very long that far south...I think it was back in the low-mid 60s two days later.

It is a annual occurrence where I grew up in the far northern Texas panhandle. The Siberian Express just comes roaring down the east slope of the Rockies all the way from the Arctic with ridiculous effects.

In mid to late December one year I stopped at the M.E. Moses department store to go their old fashioned soda fountain-ice cream-lunch counter downtown on my way to work after school...it was 76 and balmy when I went in, but when I left 30 minutes later it was 32 and dropping with the wind blowing 25+ mph and got down 10-15 below zero that night with a -45 degree wind chill...I will never forget that....every pond in town froze 4-5 feet thick over the next 4-5 days.

I hate cold weather now, but I loved it when I was young...🥶
Similar thing happened while duck hunting in Missouri a few years ago. 72 degrees. We were making our way across the flooded field pulling a jon boat with gear behind a 4wheeler. Got hit with a wind gust so strong it flipped the boat and dumped all our gear. By the time we finished frantically gathering our things and got back to the truck it was 28 and blowing snow.

maybe it’s just the negavol in me talking, but im worried that since Nicos best friend committed to oregon he may transfer to oregon after this year if he doesn’t get playing time, cause remember he was a oregon lean until the spring time

Basilio just said that the early word on Nico is that they really really really like what they see so far. He’s mature and showed up in shape. It will probably be difficult to keep him off the field.

Memphis only took that mantle back when Chattanooga's "Rock and Country Club" closed down. THAT was the most dangerous place in the south. When you tried to enter, they patted you down and turned you away if you didn't have at least two firearms on you.
Loved the R&C...that was my joint in the early to mid 90s.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Looking at the schedule next year. Tennessee should be more talented on paper than 8/12 schools. With the 4 others being At Florida, Vs A&M, At Bama, Vs Georgia. Anywhere between 8-10 wins would be my guess. Which would carry the momentum. Would really like to keep the 10+ win thing going but it isn’t too terribly tough of a schedule

Basilio just said that the early word on Nico is that they really really really like what they see so far. He’s mature and showed up in shape. It will probably be difficult to keep him off the field.
Makes sense. Joe needs to have a really good Orange Bowl if he wants the ball to start next fall. Nico is the real deal. And even if Joe does start week one I imagine Heupel won’t hesitate to make a switch sooner than later if he struggles knowing what he’s got in Nico.

That said, I’m rooting for Joe. I hope he wins the Heisman next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back