Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any interesting stories?

So growing up I always thought my papaw and his brother always had a weird relationship because they were never really that cordial with each other and when they spoke to each other it was always very short answers and to the point....no really small talk that you would expect from brothers.

Well, my papaw passed away back in 2004 and then in 2012 I was fishing with my dad and we were just reminiscing on stories about my papaw and so I asked my dad why papaw and his brother had such a strange relationship. So at this point I found out 2 things I never knew about my papaw.....he used to run moonshine back and forth from Tennessee to Kentucky and that he got caught and spent some time in Brushy Mountain. Then my dad proceeded to tell me that my papaw's brother snitched on him and he was the reason he got sent there.

Last edited:
As far as stories about Brushy Mtn.....not really. My papaw never talked about that stuff with me. My dad told me he was always ashamed about that part of his life so he didn't bring it up. Only thing my dad told me about my papaws time there was that he saw one guy decapitate another inmate with a pick axe while they were doing some work inside of mine.

I sent that last post by phone. I recently changed from an old I phone to an android. I hate the way it types. Yesterday I tried to type LA Vol and it came out LA Law. lol It does stuff like that all the time. I want my I phone back.
And @Orangeredblooded can show you how to post Gi.....

Never mind

Just started in Shelby County…not quite snow yet but temps dropped 13 degrees in about an hour and wind starting to blow.

Edit: it’s now snowing.
Good luck for real, it was miserable earlier shoveling the driveway. Luckily CO is so sunny it wasn't too bad, but dress warm and in layers!

He was on a pass defense worse than ours. He wasn’t going to be an upgrade
First sentence is accurate.

2nd sentence doesn't necessarily/logically follow the first.

Theo Jackson and Alontae Taylor say hello. There can be good players on poor defensive units. Not saying that was his case, I really don't know how he played and stats for DBs rarely tell the whole story. Just saying, there can be good defensive finds on bad defenses and vice versa.

As far as stories about Brushy Mtn.....not really. My papaw never talked about that stuff with me. My dad told me he was always ashamed about that part of his life so he didn't bring it up. Only thing my dad told me about my papaws time there was that he saw one guy decapitate another inmate with a pick axe while they were doing some work inside of mine.
😯

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back