‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

You seem to have closed the door on Milton last year. If you are fairly judging the man on his play this season, there is no way to have honestly come to the conclusion that you continue to state in various threads. Did Milton show progress from last year to this year? The honest answer is yes. Under normal weather conditions, did he prove to be much more accurate with his deep throws? The honest answer is yes. Did he prove to be more willing to run with toughness this year? The honest answer is again yes. The point is that he showed enough this year, that no one can definitively say that he is the uncoachable, terrible QB that you proclaim him to be. Nor has he done enough for anyone else to proclaim absolute confidence that he will be able to lead us to 10 wins next year. Most are just willing to give him that opportunity based on what they've seen in totality this season, and the history that our coaches have in the development of QBs.

That is a very "selective" argument.
Not going to argue about his instances this season that he showed improvement.
Film doesn't lie. He absolutely showed improvement IN THOSE INSTANCES. But old habits are hard to break...

Just like his 5 overthrows against Vanderbilt. Again, film doesn't lie. We've seen that before, and the majority of his tape is of a dude that has no feel for the position.
I don't tolerate bad QB play. I didn't do it with JG and i'm not going to do it with him.
By tolerate I mean make excuses like many of you all do.

Hey HE's NOT THE ONLY VOL...
The other kids the sweat, work hard, and grind deserve to win big too! That we'll ever happen with Joe as our QB. People that blindly defendJoe Milton are neglecting the other teammates time/ sacrifice they put in.

Answer this: Would Jalin Hyatt have sat out against his home state school in Clemson if Hendon Hooker were at QB for the Vols??

You said he was overthrowing receivers rain or shine. He only had 1 start, and it was in the pouring rain. He was behind the SEC offensive player of the year, so how many games was he supposed to start?
There’s no use. Some had their mind made up before this season started and will only see what supports it.

That is a very "selective" argument.
Not going to argue about his instances this season that he showed improvement.
Film doesn't lie. He absolutely showed improvement IN THOSE INSTANCES. But old habits are hard to break...

Just like his 5 overthrows against Vanderbilt. Again, film doesn't lie. We've seen that before, and the majority of his tape is of a dude that has no feel for the position.
I don't tolerate bad QB play. I didn't do it with JG and i'm not going to do it with him.
By tolerate I mean make excuses like many of you all do.

Hey HE's NOT THE ONLY VOL...
The other kids the sweat, work hard, and grind deserve to win big too! That we'll ever happen with Joe as our QB. People that blindly defendJoe Milton are neglecting the other teammates time/ sacrifice they put in.

Answer this: Would Jalin Hyatt have sat out against his home state school in Clemson if Hendon Hooker were at QB for the Vols??
Neither of us know the answer to that question, so I won't speculate. What I will say is that his decision likely had more to do with Tillman's injuries this year than Milton playing QB. Also, if there is a QB that affected his decision the most it would be Matt Corral. His decision to play in the bowl last year likely cost him several million dollars.

Spring practice?

If so then yeah, I agree.
We need to get this impending loss to Clemson behind us and start to build toward Nico and 2023.
You say that you aren't rooting for Milton to fail, but keep stating with absolute certainty that he will. Everyone saw vast progression from him this year as well, yet you say they are blindly defending him. Just accept that you have an extremely negative bias towards the kid and move on.

You say that you aren't rooting for Milton to fail, but keep stating with absolute certainty that he will. Everyone saw vast progression from him this year as well, yet you say they are blindly defending him. Just accept that you have an extremely negative bias towards the kid and move on.

I know with certainty I’m paying my taxes next year but I’m not rooting for it.

Vandy game doesn't count? So how many games did he start that he didn't overthrow? I'll hang up and listen.

See this is why nobody takes you seriously. You watched Milton play the Vandy game and that’s it. You didn’t watch him throw in any other games this year. How do I know? Because Milton has dropped dimes all year when he has gotten the chance. Did he have some over throws? Sure. But guess who else had quite a few overthrows? Hooker.

Nope, pretty terrible that’s your take away. Just pointing out you can be certain something is coming and yet not be rooting for it.
The point is that there's 2 things in life that are absolutely certain.... death and taxes.

See this is why nobody takes you seriously. You watched Milton play the Vandy game and that’s it. You didn’t watch him throw in any other games this year. How do I know? Because Milton has dropped dimes all year when he has gotten the chance. Did he have some over throws? Sure. But guess who else had quite a few overthrows? Hooker.
What was it you had to say about White hiring CJH?

That 2nd pic is 1 of the reasons I really truly wanna see Joe succeed. He seems like such a good teammate n leader and has never once been caught just sittin on the bench poutin like another unnamed QB we once had! And that 1st pic gives me a lil excitement seeing Treyvon back in the mix practicing!

Love seeing the second picture!
Milton gets alot of hate, I get some of it, the overthrows are infuriating when you got a guy wide open but the kid is a true leader and all of volnation should be rooting for the him. It's rare these days for kids to stick it out and he has never once complained or shown anything but support for his teammates. We are lucky to have him here.

Milton gets alot of hate, I get some of it, the overthrows are infuriating when you got a guy wide open but the kid is a true leader and all of volnation should be rooting for the him. It's rare these days for kids to stick it out and he has never once complained or shown anything but support for his teammates. We are lucky to have him here.
I agree 100%! Hope he balls out next year, wins the Heisman, wins the national championship, and becomes the number one pick in the NFL draft.

VN Store

Back