Offensive Coordinator candidates

just researching different TE coach across country and a guy I like who would fit the culture of what Heup is Building here is -- Tyler Bowen TE coach VT.

How many OC’s don’t coach a position?

Well none I spoke too soon

But I can see the guy coming here at some point. Because he young, evidently what he’s doing has been working, and I’m not sure the guy has a strong set position yet…….he was a student assistant QB coach and TE coach (and trying to be kind).

I will not be surprised if new contracts have already been negotiated with Heupel and staff members who are staying.
Nothing to be gained by announcing Stoops' extension like that during the season.
I'd say we will accept a bowl invite, and then we will know what the new terms are.
I would not be surprised to see Halzle as QB coach/OC.

I say just make Halzle or Jerry Mack the OC. Mack has been an OC several times in his career. I would love to bring back Jay Graham, either at TE coach (where he was going to coach at Alabama before he resigned) or RB by moving Mack to TE (where he has also coached, plus he has spent most of his time coaching WRs before here). Jay Graham still lives in Knoxville actually. Not sure what went down at Alabama or if he's even wanting to coach college football again.

I think we have the luxury of not needed a big time OC since we already have an offense in place. The team just needs someone who can learn to operate it, recruit and follow directions.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Mark Stoops coaches Kentucky
Bob Stoops coached at UF the OU
that dumb Stoops coached at UA.

These are grown men that have families to take care of...

I'm just throwing out names of good coaches.
I agree that hes a good canidate, i just dont think he would leave.

Lebby, if we can get him. He has history with Heupel and the offense.

He has a three year deal with OU for $5.7M. Question is if UT wants to pay that buyout and then exceed that salary to get him. Was surprised he left Ole Miss for OU in the first place only because Venables was a first time HC.

He has a three year deal with OU for $5.7M. Question is if UT wants to pay that buyout and then exceed that salary to get him. Was surprised he left Ole Miss for OU in the first place only because Venables was a first time HC.
Plus he’s an Oklahoma alumnus.

Reactions: Vol737
Dan Mullen is too

Don’t know he would fit with what Heupel wants to do. Sure don’t think he would take a coordinator job again. I could be wrong. Depends on how much money his wife spends, I guess.

Don’t know he would fit with what Heupel wants to do. Sure don’t think he would take a coordinator job again. I could be wrong. Depends on how much money his wife spends, I guess.
With all the HC jobs that were open, I don’t recall his name mentioned a single time.
Maybe I just missed it

Reactions: Stacmot and Vol737
With all the HC jobs that were open, I don’t recall his name mentioned a single time.
Maybe I just missed it

You’re right, I don’t either. Just surmising. Some of these guys seem to like getting that TV in studio analyst job, sit tight and see if a school comes calling which is where Mullen is at now.

VN Store

Back