Offensive Coordinator candidates

I think people are overreacting to a TE coach. Not much to it. If coach puts much thought into the position I hope he gets a recruiter more than anything.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
First name that popped up when Golesh became a hot candidate. Very good recruiter, but he’s worn on a couple of coaching staffs…and recently.
Just have him coach TEs……and recruit.

I didn't read all four pages of posts, but seems there was a rumor that Freddie Kitchens had become the defacto play caller for SC late in the season and had a big hand in their offensive turnaround, even though he's just an analyst. Could he be a viable candidate?

Personality and technical proficiency teaching that position are most important, but they need a recruiting hawk. Golesh landed Davis and Echols…so a lot to replace.
Freddie Whittingham TEs/Recruiting Co for Utah...

He's probably the best TE coach in the country and Utah does an amazing job finding talent.

He's probably the best TE coach in the country and Utah does an amazing job finding talent.
Now you’re cooking with gas!

Damn, I’m so 53. 😔

Reactions: LittleVol

I would love him as a dedicated TE coach if his recruiting could work in the SEC.

He’s a great TE coach.

Just not sure a guy like him “wants” to pack up and move cross country. I’m sure he’s had opportunities…..and Utah is a good gig.

It wasn’t me who posted that. If you want a student assistant who just got a gig as a TE coach in the Patriot league to come be the new OC……hey that’s cool.

No need to get testy with me.
Understandable apologize just mention who I saw on Twitter apologies again sorry

Understandable apologize just mention who I saw on Twitter apologies again sorry

Heck he may even come to Tennessee. If Heupel were to promote Hazle I could see him bringing in David Weeks for Hazle’s old position. He’s worked with him, and somewhat at that position and he knows the system.

Reactions: volz2wallz
Look at his last name and the HC of Utahs last name. I think he would probably stay at Utah.

Mark Stoops coaches Kentucky
Bob Stoops coached at UF the OU
that dumb Stoops coached at UA.

These are grown men that have families to take care of...

I'm just throwing out names of good coaches.

Heck he may even come to Tennessee. If Heupel were to promote Hazle I could see him bringing in David Weeks for Hazle’s old position. He’s worked with him, and somewhat at that position and he knows the system.
How many OC’s don’t coach a position?

VN Store

Back