‘23 NC SG Freddie Dilione (Tennessee commit)

He has a very developed step back jumper that looks the same as his dribble drive. Very effective and polished for a high school kid. He processes the game very quickly and he moves efficiently and smoothly.

Been reading this board for a long time, but I've got a cool story to share with yall.
Last weekend here on the Outer Banks our high school hosted a basketball tournament. Freddie's Word of God squad played a couple games. Of course I showed up in my bright orange jersey. After the game I got to speak with him and his family. He seems like a great kid and the entire family seemed shocked to meet a UT fan all the way out on the coast of North Carolina. I got a picture with him and the the family insisted on taking another one together. Looking forward to rooting for this kid for the short time I predict he'll be in Knoxville.

Attachments

• 20221202_201814.jpg
    20221202_201814.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 154
  • 20221202_201800.jpg
    20221202_201800.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 154
Been reading this board for a long time, but I've got a cool story to share with yall.
Last weekend here on the Outer Banks our high school hosted a basketball tournament. Freddie's Word of God squad played a couple games. Of course I showed up in my bright orange jersey. After the game I got to speak with him and his family. He seems like a great kid and the entire family seemed shocked to meet a UT fan all the way out on the coast of North Carolina. I got a picture with him and the the family insisted on taking another one together. Looking forward to rooting for this kid for the short time I predict he'll be in Knoxville.
Rocking the ZZZ shirt, I love it, the hippie and the balla, on the Outer Banks

With the guys we're losing this year I was a tad worried about our team next year. Dilione puts my worries to rest.

With the guys we're losing this year I was a tad worried about our team next year. Dilione puts my worries to rest.
I feel like at this point we hear that every year “with who we’re losing I’m worried about next year”, but at this point it would seem like Barnes is going to continue to roll out Top 15-20 teams each and every year.

That's cool! I happen to be living in the OBX myself for the time being and cheer on the Vols as well!

Reactions: tennrich1
I feel like at this point we hear that every year “with who we’re losing I’m worried about next year”, but at this point it would seem like Barnes is going to continue to roll out Top 15-20 teams each and every year.

Very true. I agree. Although next year could possibly be the most turnover for a Barnes’ led team at Tennessee. At least since the very first few years. We might be pleasantly surprised, but I suspect we’ll lose 6-8 off this 13 person roster based on graduation, NBA departure, and annual attrition to the portal. Will be a very interesting off-season for sure.

Very true. I agree. Although next year could possibly be the most turnover for a Barnes’ led team at Tennessee. At least since the very first few years. We might be pleasantly surprised, but I suspect we’ll lose 6-8 off this 13 person roster based on graduation, NBA departure, and annual attrition to the portal. Will be a very interesting off-season for sure.
Last years team lost 6 fwiw

Now that is a cool story

If Phillips Keeps playing this level I don’t see why he would be considered a top draft pick. He’s such a weak finisher at the rim for a tall guy.

If Phillips Keeps playing this level I don’t see why he would be considered a top draft pick. He’s such a weak finisher at the rim for a tall guy.
You can see the talent but just way too many drives to the bucket that look completely out of control, or result in nothing.

VN Store

Back