'22 GA RB Justin Williams (Cal)

How does Graham ruin the culture Heupel is trying to build?

Anybody from the previous staff who was involved with the scandal doesn’t deserve to come back.

They made their bed so they have to lay in it.

Coach Mack is doing a great job with what he has to work with.

Reactions: onevol74
He still would’ve upgraded the rushing attack. No one player would’ve won us the Georgia/Uscjr games. More talented than Tiyon Evans and he looked great in the system when healthy.

You missed the point. We do not have unlimited money. Would it have been money well spent? We had the #1 offense in the country and the small increase in our improved rushing attack was not worth the money that would have been given to him.

You missed the point. We do not have unlimited money. Would it have been money well spent? We had the #1 offense in the country and the small increase in our improved rushing attack was not worth the money that would have been given to him.
I didn’t miss the point. You don’t know how money was allocated and if they could’ve raised the funds. Apparently we got laughed out of the room with what we brought to the table. Ole Miss NIL can’t compete with the top of the SEC.

Anybody from the previous staff who was involved with the scandal doesn’t deserve to come back.

Graham didn’t do anything any other assistant we’ve had over the last 30 years hasn’t done.

I like him, but surely you’re not suggesting that signing him was some sort of big recruiting feat.
So finding a 3* that a lot of people overlooked who made a positive impact as a Fr running the ball in the SEC isn't a "big recruiting feat"? Etienne and Judkins had more opportunities and yardage. Sampson had the highest ypc among Fr in the SEC. In fact amongst RBs that played in 8 games averaging at least 4 carries per game... his average was the highest among SEC RBs.

Yeah. Pretty big recruiting feat.

Graham didn’t do anything any other assistant we’ve had over the last 30 years hasn’t done.

No but he got busted for it. And he got busted for it coaching for Jimbo too. Graham moving down the line was probably along the lines of the transfers. They had to go to keep us out of serious **** with the AA.

No but he got busted for it. And he got busted for it coaching for Jimbo too. Graham moving down the line was probably along the lines of the transfers. They had to go to keep us out of serious **** with the AA.
I agree with that. I’m just not forever black balling Jay Graham because Pruitt sucked at cheating.

Yep. Any money committed to Evans would have been better spent at DB.

Yep. Any money committed to Evans would have been better spent at DB.
I think NIL budgets are going to continue to swell until we get about 5-6 years with it and we start to see results from investments over a full cycle. Then we might see them shrink.

I didn’t miss the point. You don’t know how money was allocated and if they could’ve raised the funds. Apparently we got laughed out of the room with what we brought to the table. Ole Miss NIL can’t compete with the top of the SEC.

I think that is a very clear indication of how much (or little) value the coaches thought he would bring to the teams bottom line of wins and losses. It is obvious we are not afraid of giving out big money. So the offer was not due to some type of lack of commitment. It was a choice about how to best spend the money that we have to result in building a team that has the best chance to win games.

I think that is a very clear indication of how much (or little) value the coaches thought he would bring to the teams bottom line of wins and losses. It is obvious we are not afraid of giving out big money. So the offer was not due to some type of lack of commitment. It was a choice about how to best spend the money that we have to result in building a team that has the best chance to win games.
Evans was always a 1 year flyer. Who did we go and spend money on after? Low risk and proven commodity. They thought coming in they were going to be competitive or wouldn’t have wasted time meeting.

But part of his job is to increase the talent that he has to work with. He's done a good job with x's and o's. Not so great so far with the jimmy's and joe's.

But part of his job is to increase the talent that he has to work with. He's done a good job with x's and o's. Not so great so far with the jimmy's and joe's.

Our coaches recruit by geographical area as the primary. He may be the secondary on all RBs but recruiting that position isn’t all on him.

Before we be too quick to burn bridges, just remember, a few guys do step a foot into the portal, then come back out of it again.
Thousands go in the portal and just a few hundred come out. There's just not that many scholarships available with the 85 limit placed on schools. I'm sure the portal has ended the dreams of many athletes since their scholarship is resended and they're left with no other takers and have to continue attending school on their own dime. That's the part that never gets mentioned.

Very disappointing. Has a skill set unlike the other rbs on the roster. Can’t afford to lose bodies at this position. Hope he decides to stay. Was looking forward to him working his way into the starting lineup.
Don’t fall in love with recruiting ratings. They disappear once on campus. At that point competitors rise to the top

VN Store

Back