Tee Hodges 6'0 230
Dee Beckwith 6'4 230
Whitehead 6'2 225
JW Thomas 6'0 215

My theory is holding true so far.

Wright 5'11 200
Small 5'11 210
Sampson 5'10 190

It seems that this offense is only available for the smaller more explosive backs....
When your offensive line isn’t geared towards creating big holes that’s what happens. Baylor is the only team I remember that runs the same offense as us that ran a bigger back. Oregon and UCF were the same way

Tee Hodges 6'0 230
Dee Beckwith 6'4 230
Whitehead 6'2 225
JW Thomas 6'0 215

My theory is holding true so far.

Wright 5'11 200
Small 5'11 210
Sampson 5'10 190

It seems that this offense is only available for the smaller more explosive backs....

What team plays with primary plodding big back ?
Even the big guys are explosive nowadays, if they’re not, they wont play many places

I'm wondering as a recruiter, communicator, etc. Most of us have had questions about the level of talent and depth we have compared to some other SEC teams. Gibbs and Evans were two offseason gems that passed on us. Bama is one thing but Ole Miss. It's not like we had a deep and settled RB room. It's why we got the Clemson transfer who couldn't even make it out of camp due to a rumored run in with the coach.

So it's a serious question. I'm not trying to stir the pot.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Even the big guys are explosive nowadays, if they’re not, they wont play many places
Big backs don’t have to be plodding. Look at most of Bama and GA backs the last few years. That’s what we’re recruiting. Outside of Sampson I haven’t seen a single smaller back Huepel has recruited hard. Small and Wright were already here. Recruited JWT, Keith and Seldon so far

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
I'm wondering as a recruiter, communicator, etc. Most of us have had questions about the level of talent and depth we have compared to some other SEC teams. Gibbs and Evans were two offseason gems that passed on us. Bama is one thing but Ole Miss. It's not like we had a deep and settled RB room. It's why we got the Clemson transfer who couldn't even make it out of camp due to a rumored run in with the coach.

Evans went to the team that would give him the most NIL dollars

Reactions: PA Vol

Evans came on a visit, but apparently only wanted to talk $$$ so it was a hard pass. Gibbs never have us another look, primarily due to his initial recruitment under Pruitt.

I like Mack as a coach. But I think his recruiting might be questionable.

Big backs don’t have to be plodding. Look at most of Bama and GA backs the last few years. That’s what we’re recruiting. Outside of Sampson I haven’t seen a single smaller back Huepel has recruited hard. Small and Wright were already here. Recruited JWT, Keith and Seldon so far
You missed my point. Those guys he listed for us who were phased out, were all plodders. Other big RBs at other schools are big AND explosive .
It’s not that there’s no use for big backs, there’s virtually no place for big plodders in todays game

Well the first 3 of those big RBs you mentioned just suck.
Yeah.
I'm leaning towards that as well.
But it does seem that he may not see big backs as every down backs.

Keith is big like them but has feet like Sampson and runs hard like Wright. And he's probably right on their heels in speed.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
You missed my point. Those guys he listed for us who were phased out, were all plodders. Other big RBs at other schools are big AND explosive .
It’s not that there’s no use for big backs, there’s virtually no place for big plodders in todays game
Gotcha, you’re exactly right. Big AND explosive is the best way to go

Reactions: I4Jay

Neither Evans or Gibbs was Mack's fault. They didn't want to come here because the last go around with Pruitt wasn't the best

We passed on evans

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
See Bama and Georgia, they always have big backs that can move. Physical style runners that are fast. Maybe not 240 pounders but solid 220-230 pound backs with power and the speed. They can work fine in any system. Bama has different size backs, there isn’t a law against have small and fast and big and fast. GBO

Reactions: I4Jay

VN Store

Back