'22 GA RB Justin Williams (Cal)

Thoughts? I understand the Jimmies but what’s up here, just a Freshman. Saw the writing on the wall and/or also disgruntled ?

Thoughts? I understand the Jimmies but what’s up here, just a Freshman. Saw the writing on the wall and/or also disgruntled ?

I wouldn’t overthink it. Going to be like this across the country. We have instituted free agency without contracts. So every year it’s going to be insane until they put in place some kind of 2 year minimum

I saw some reporting from Volquest talking about Seldon being used as a RB and/ or H-Back. Maybe they already knew about this Justin Williams-Thomas news. So, we will have Seldon and Keith, along with the 3 returning RBs. Probably could still use a transfer portal RB for depth purposes.

Hate this one appears to not have worked out. Was hoping he could be the bell cow this offense needs.

Hope he changes his mind.

Deleting stuff on social media sounds more like pissed off though

He’s a kid. They’re reactive. You delete your social media. Announce you’re going into the portal and see what happens. Maybe they find more NIL money for you, maybe you find more elsewhere. Just got to wait and see how it plays out.

Either way we win. We either get to bring in another transfer DB or we get back a promising young back

I was really excited for him to be a part of the team. Obviously didn't play much and is going to redshirt this year. Hopefully it is something he can work through as I think he could be a valuable member of the RB room next year.

He’s a kid. They’re reactive. You delete your social media. Announce you’re going into the portal and see what happens. Maybe they find more NIL money for you, maybe you find more elsewhere. Just got to wait and see how it plays out.

Either way we win. We either get to bring in another transfer DB or we get back a promising young back
I’m not worried at all, just speculating. Sounds like work to delete social media stuff over just testing waters

I wonder if every other team forum is jumping on him like VN does for everyone who enters the portal?

"He's a 4*. Gotta get him."
You'll have some fans from every team that stay enamored with high school ratings. I remember watching JWT in early fall camp, and he just wasn't consistent. I also think he tried to put on to much weight (muscle) to fast. That can really hurt some players because they lose speed and agility, but don't adjust their playing style accordingly.

VN Store

Back