The Official #22 Tennessee vs. Southern Cal Game Thread, 1:30 PM ET, ESPN2

Phillips has to be the best player if this team is going to reach its potential. Good win today. You’re going to have to grind games out in March and this was a nice preview of that.

Hopefully these ugly games will make this team grow up quick and develop an identity
I believe they do help you grow. Winning when your offense was not very good and they made really tough outside shots. Great gutty victory. In CHRIST Alone

Nice win I wanted to win this one badly USC. Offense was rough today, but the defense was superior and Phillips was the best player on the floor.

Good, hard fought win. Should build some confidence that we can turn up the defense and execute enough on offense to win an OT game against a bubble Tournament, P5 team. Now, let's get that big resume win against Kansas, tomorrow

Good win. Santiago, ZZ, and Key go 6 for 26 and we still won. We need James back. Mashack was valuable. We are slowly becoming an inside/out team. Our perimeter shooting really has to improve to make any noise in the SEC.

Reactions: walkenvol
We see when Vescovi and the other guards struggle with their shooting we'll see games a lot like this one. If Vescovi is on expect more like a double digit win. He only made one three, but it was a big one.

Reactions: Plecoptera
I was a bit confused why we ran so many minutes with 2 bigs & Phillips.

Barnes must have really been worried about rebounding.

Way to gut it out.

As far as I’m concerned, the next few months are all about getting Phillips ready to take over in SEC play and the tournament. You live with the growing pains. We got good looks when we worked through him and we really struggled otherwise, and that says it all. He has to be the guy for this team to be good, and the good news is that this game suggests he can get there.

VN Store

Back