The Official #22 Tennessee vs. Southern Cal Game Thread, 1:30 PM ET, ESPN2

Final rebounding stats were they had 35 to our 34 so we evened it up from that first half. They got way to many second chance shots, but they didn't make very many.

Way to gut it out.

As far as I’m concerned, the next few months are all about getting Phillips ready to take over in SEC play and the tournament. You live with the growing pains. We got good looks when we worked through him and we really struggled otherwise, and that says it all. He has to be the guy for this team to be good, and the good news is that this game suggests he can get there.

Well said. The offense was firing on all cylinders when it was running through Phillips. The kid is raw but creates his own shot and throws off defenses with his ability to shoot from anywhere or dish it off. Can see teams start to double up on him, which should be a boon for us if we can ever hit our threes consistently.

Fun game to watch, very tense, good to see Santi knock down a big shot late after struggling the whole game. Phillips has bigtime skills and appears to have a scorer’s mentality. I like this team’s upside.

Reactions: gainesvol82
I don’t think you sit the guy that locked down their second best player. And hit the crucial shot in OT. Prob not the best strategy. Regardless how he shoots, it never affects how he plays the game.
Yeah I agree. his shooting has been off but he still rebounded and had 5 assists. He’s our best guard and it’s not close but he’s got to get going offensively.

I don’t think you sit the guy that locked down their second best player. And hit the crucial shot in OT. Prob not the best strategy. Regardless how he shoots, it never affects how he plays the game.

Our fans only care about hitting 3s with Santi. Dude had 4 rebounds and 5 assists with 1 steal why holding Peterson who has a 6” height advantage to just 9 points with 7 turnovers.

Our fans only care about hitting 3s with Santi. Dude had 4 rebounds and 5 assists with 1 steal why holding Peterson who has a 6” height advantage to just 9 points with 7 turnovers.

He does so many things that contribute to the teams success but most fans watching have no idea what they are watching. It is what is is.

VN Store

Back