Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize that all too well.
Seems a little much to have to scroll through half the post in the “recruiting forum Football talk” thread that are not football related.
Not against discussion on anything but an off topic thread for it would be my preference.
I usually end up skipping 20 pages cause I don’t have time to read through all
There are also threads dedicated to players, each class as a whole and more. This thread isn't your one stop shop because you want it to be. It won't change. You can either get over it or stop clicking the thread.

In making this an issue of Milton vs. Hooker, you're creating an argument that doesn't exist, though.

Milton has certainly had fewer opportunities, this year, and I think he has shown tremendous improvement in those limited opportunities over last year. This isn't a campaign against him.

I'm simply correcting the inaccuracy in his statement that Milton "hasn't been overthrowing guys, this year". No more, no less. He has continued to overthrow guys, even in the South Carolina game. I gave specific examples. And I'm sorry, just because the play was nullified by penalty doesn't mean what happened during the play didn't happen. It just means the down didn't count. Come on, you're smarter than that.

And sure, if JM played the whole game, and those were his only 3-4 overthrows, and he finished 18-25 for 315 yds and 4 TDs, we probably excuse them like most have for Hooker, all year.
I’m not doing any VERSUS. They’re on the same damn team, Chris! When you’re doing comparisons for the purpose of PROJECTIONS, you need to take EVERYTHING into account. Hooker is acknowledged as a success with this quarterback thing and he isn’t judged only by his first eight passes in a game…cuz that’s stupid! And Pitt dropped several INT’s against Hooker…didn’t count! BOTH of us are “smart” enough to not insist they HAPPENED.

Your last paragraph shows the Dark Side hasn’t removed all the good in you. 😉 You put a full game together and win? No need for EXCUSES. Grousing over the style points of INCOMPLETIONS that didn’t result in interceptions is like peering over Da Vinci’s first eight strokes of the Mona Lisa, calling it mediocre garbage and demanding he paint over it with Dogs Playing Poker.

Yup and the first overthrow he has against Vandy people are gonna go nuts. “Overthrow Joe”, “can’t hit the broadside of a barn”. I get that Hooker gets or got a pass for how well he has played but Hooker has had plenty of overthrows and all you hear is crickets.
MIlton literally had one overthrow against SC and people already lost confidence in him for next year lol. It is ridiculous like you said.

Yes there is indeed a sizable toxic portion of this fanbase

I just ran the Thanksgiving half marathon - exhausted!

It ended at old Turner Field, now home of the GSU Panthers. They have a sign outside commemorating their victory over our believed Vols in 2019. We are everybody’s Super Bowl!
Good lawd, half marathon! I also remember once walking to old turner field...at night...bad choice 🤣

We did a turkey trot in Rarity Bay...walked 2.5 miles in about 90 minutes. Time for sausage balls and sports. Shoooweee no more moving this weekend.

Yup and the first overthrow he has against Vandy people are gonna go nuts. “Overthrow Joe”, “can’t hit the broadside of a barn”. I get that Hooker gets or got a pass for how well he has played but Hooker has had plenty of overthrows and all you hear is crickets.
MIlton literally had one overthrow against SC and people already lost confidence in him for next year lol. It is ridiculous like you said.
Yeah and they ignore that unbelievable TD pass he had to Tillman.

Which was one of the best TD passes we have ever seen.

Go be miserable somewhere else. I am 42 years old and have watched my Vols through ups and a lot of downs. Bottom line is we were never even expected to be in the discussion for the CFP this year but we were. Before the season if someone told your miserable butt that we would have even been in that discussion you would would have crapped all over that talk and said we would never be good enough this year for that. Now that we have stumbled and your wet dreams of misery have come true you are here to crap on all the great things that have happened this year. Well, I won't know if you respond to this or not because you will be on my ignore list. Enjoy wallowing in your excrement filled hole of misery.

Go Vols.
😳

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back