Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely, it hurt. Imo, it supplanted the 1996 Memphis game, as the most embarrassing loss of my lifetime. Yes, Memphis was not the same caliber as S Carolina, and the Memphis game is probably considered the greatest upset; but, it was nowhere near as humiliating as the other night was...that was complete and utter domination of us, from a defensive standpoint...im not sure I've ever seen anything like it.

Still, I'm keeping it in perspective...considering we have FAR!!! exceeded EVERYONE'S expectations. We can never forget, we had braced ourselves for truly, a long rebuild...well, we are far ahead of schedule. NO ONE, in a million years, would have guessed that we would be playing a #1 vs #2 matchup in Athens. Think about that! That's even crazier than the other night, imo.

Saturday still sucks, though. Although I suspected they very well could upset us (that game concerned me more than the Kentucky, Mizzou, even Florida games ever did), I never in a million years expected THAT.

Still...Go Big Orange! This team has brought us way more joy this year, than one game can wipe away. I haven't been as happy about a game in a VERY LONG TIME, as I was that Bama game. That joy trumps Saturday nights disappointment and disbelief.
96 Tiger High was worse....we have been beaten by a lot more than 25 many times over the years...it is just recency bias that makes this feel worse right now.

Our defense is awful, it has a lot of bad players, and has bad coordinating.

The 96 team was right in the middle of a 10-12 year run of greatness, and gad one if the greatest QBs of all time and was LOADED with talent on both sides of the ball...that loss was the equivalent of this years Georgia squad losing to Georgia State.

It was the worst, I don't think it was the most important bad loss, but it was the worst loss ever and hopefully it doesn't ever happen again.

I would hate to see this team lose to a cupcake squad next year or any year.

I didn't think anyone would ever come close to Peyton in my book and then along came Josh Dobbs. Again, I thought they were far and away the top two and then along came Hendon Hooker. What an amazing blessing he has been. I will forever appreciate him, his leadership and his character. Great player. Greater man.

On the first drive they called a blitz and Mitchell was supposed to go..so help me he was 7 yards beyond the LOS and when it was snapped he just kind of loped towards Rattler, who easily threw the ball to reciever in the vacated spot before Mitchell even got to the LOS...there is no way he was supposed to be that far beyond the line, and he sure as hell was supposed to be jogging towards Rattler...

As I've been rewatching plays...I think that one and one other just kind of encapsulates everything that happened....bad design, bad teaching and horrid lazy execution.

One other was on a 3rd down play in the first half where stupid Hadden started 11 yards deep and then bailed out and started running deep as soon as the ball was snapped....of course the WR stopped just beyond the first down marker and caught a ridiculously easy pass...and then ran forward for a lot more yards before anybody could even lay a finger on him..
He’s bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back