Potpourri

When the movie premiered we went as a couple ...My lady friend was a dead ringer for the star, at least for the star's body....Actually, my friend had a much better body.

During production I was on the set a couple times when the artistic portion of the film was shot...The main female lead would have a romantic encounter with the male lead, and when it would get spicy evolving toward some natural nudity, the star would step away and some assistant would use a tape measure style apparatus to fit exactly where the stars bosom, or butt, had been...But it was now my lady friends bosom or butt, or her whatever, the camera was now focusing on instead of the star's assets......

If they were off by just a fraction of an inch the scene had to be shot again...The filming process was so tame, but the finished product would make you squirm in your seat...They would play back what they had just filmed and the crew would cheer or cat call...It was all in good fun, at least to me it was..

In fact the artistic scenes were so spicy, the first code the film received by the censors was an X rating, which is usually death to a standard film...The film had to be recut several times to get the R rating they were after...

At the premiere, when some of the really hot scenes were about to come on the screen, my lady friend squeezed my hand in anticipation of what we expected to see, but instead her hottest body double scenes were either cut completely out, or unrecognizable...It was a big disappointment...Some of her dance double scenes were still there, but she was too upset to appreciate it....

We didn't even go to the after premiere party...She wanted to get back to San Diego....She cried most of the way home...

I tried to comfort her the best way I could...I told her don't let the bastards see you cry...She looked up at me with tears in her eyes and said I wasn't a bastard, so it was OK for me to see her cry....We both laughed a little at that one...She was right, you know..

red-carpet-and-sky-lit-by-spotlights.jpg

I had "The Collector" rigged with all kinds of running lights...When fully lit, it looked a lot like Coopers boat in the movie Jaws; lights everywhere....

It was a great way to really enhance a date...Take a girl to a movie and dinner, and then a midnight cruise around the bay....I usually had a bottle, or two, of something on board to relax my date...Since I didn't drink any type of alcohol, there was always plenty for my guest.

Since we were cruising in the harbour channels, the water was not rough, and I always checked ahead about potential fog banks...Did not want that to happen again...

But one night the unexpected happened....I had my date up on the flying bridge enjoying the night air when she had to use the head/bathroom...She had already consumed several glasses of wine, so she was a bit giddy.....

She had been gone for 15-20 minutes, so I came down from the bridge to see what was going on with her....I was worried she might have fallen over...

She was half in and half out of the toilet....She had her head in the toilet vomiting....I mean this girl was really vomiting...Could have been a contender in the vomiting olympics...All kinds of strange sounds were emanating from her body....

After securing her from the toilet she said she was really seasick, that boats make her violently ill...The only way to make it stop was to get her on land..When she had gone into the cabin of the boat she had lost the night horizon, thus the dizziness set in...

I got her back on the flying bridge, she was heavier than she looked...She told me she weighed about a 110, lbs...She forgot about that other 20 lbs. in her butt....

The night air helped her immensely, but she still had a bad case of the dry heaves...I just propped her against the flying bridge structure and headed back to Quivera Basin, which was at least 20 minutes, or more, away...

She looked like a big Marlin just propped there against the Flying Bridge just dry heaving away...When she started with the uncontrollable flatulence, the situation was getting critical...

When I finally got back in my boat slip, and got her on dry land, she started to feel a little better...She was still a little seasick when I got her home to her house...Her roommate was at home and had seen her seasick before and knew how to treat her...

I was going to take her to the emergency room, but the roommate convinced me she would be just fine...And she was too.

That night I went back to my boat and cleaned up vomit, and other bodily function messes, that missed the toilet....

How could a girl that looked so fine, make such a vile mess?
seasick%20on%20a%20boat.jpg

Last edited:
The girl got a patch from her doctor....She said it would prevent sea sickness, and it did; mostly..
51tqfhw+F2L.jpg

As a joke, I got her a butt plug, just in case she had an uncontrolled attack of flatulence again ....She was really a lot of fun to be around, except for the farting....
s-l400.jpg

Last edited:
GT, I am one of those types that gets sea sick easily, especially in rougher seas. I can relate. Spent the better part of an offshore fishing trip in Alaska one summer below deck with my head in the toilet for hours.

Always wanted to ask you a personal question, hesitated until now. Are you still single and living that lifestyle or are you more “settled down“ now….not casting judgements my friend, I lived a life exactly like some of your adventures for a long time lol. When I was a younger buck I really went for it lol.

Sometimes wish I still was doing so, but any hey, I relate some. Like my settled life now. Could read your stuff all day, love the style and especially the humor you weave into the stories in a self deprecating way. It shows a writing skill that helps the reader relate. Wishing you a great Thanksgiving GT.

Don’t know where you live, but I spend a good amount of time fly fishing the Smokies throughout the years for trout, would love to share a steak and meet up one day. Honest to God I have a story about dating a girl while I was at West Point who was a sister to the Playboy centerfold in April 1983, Christina Ferguson, that I’d like to share, and yes I met the Christina, …..We will save for a dinner one night perhaps…peace and you are “the dude”.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
GT, I am one of those types that gets sea sick easily, especially in rougher seas. I can relate. Spent the better part of an offshore fishing trip in Alaska one summer below deck with my head in the toilet for hours.

Always wanted to ask you a personal question, hesitated until now. Are you still single and living that lifestyle or are you more “settled down“ now….not casting judgements my friend, I lived a life exactly like some of your adventures for a long time lol. When I was a younger buck I really went for it lol.

Sometimes wish I still was doing so, but any hey, I relate some. Like my settled life now. Could read your stuff all day, love the style and especially the humor you weave into the stories in a self deprecating way. It shows a writing skill that helps the reader relate. Wishing you a great Thanksgiving GT.

Don’t know where you live, but I spend a good amount of time fly fishing the Smokies throughout the years for trout, would love to share a steak and meet up one day. Honest to God I have a story about dating a girl while I was at West Point who was a sister to the Playboy centerfold in April 1983, Christina Ferguson, that I’d like to share, and yes I met the Christina, …..We will save for a dinner one night perhaps…peace and you are “the dude”.

I live 3 miles from a branch of the lil pigeon river
never have fly fished, but its on my todo list

I live 3 miles from a branch of the lil pigeon river
never have fly fished, but its on my todo list
CJ, know the area well, fish the Park a bunch. Fly fishing is easier than most think, takes a few hours to get the stroke down adequately, much more time to learn how to tie flies and decide or know which to use, but that’s the sport of it.
Kinda like BB actually, some get real good at casting a fly line like some do learning to shoot a BB, but anyone can do it to with some effort, it’s a wonderful pastime. I’ve been doing a long time now, I’m fair on the cast but pretty good at the other stuff involved.

Last edited:
CJ, know the area well, fish the Park a bunch. Fly fishing is easier than most think, takes a few hours to get the stroke down adequately, much more time to learn how to tie flies and decide or know which to use, but that’s the sport of it.

I am going to try it.
where did you fish, Gatlin, PF, ?

I am going to try it.
where did you fish, Gatlin, PF, ?
Mostly along the Nc and TN border on both slopes. In the park I favor the mountain streams and rivers around the PF area, and also the little Tenn river. Also places like the Davidson River near Brevard, all places within range of Bryson City are pretty good and many more. That whole area gets a massive amount of attention from the fisheries dept. from both states, esp the NC side, and they stock heavily 3 times each year.

If you are familiar with the Nantahala River on the NC side, there is a tributary called White Oak Stream that is classified as blue ribbon like the Davidson River is, and it holds large trout, my fav spot up there, it’s above the power station and just past the Nantahala’s outdoor center where all the kayakers compete in semi white water.

In the PF area, just start on the Little Tenn River near and adjacent to the Park. Also, go into Cades Cove area of the Park and fish those streams…Look for the deep pools and also the runs in the water where you see some depth like in the curves of the streams, the trout always face upstream and hang behind rocks or structure, so pick your spots accordingly. Throw your line from behind the trout. Good luck.

Last edited:
Mostly along the Nc and TN border on both slopes. In the park I favor the mountain streams and rivers around the PF area, and also the little Tenn river. Also places like the Davidson River near Brevard, all places within range of Bryson City and many more. That whole area gets a massive amount of attention from the fisheries dept. from both states, esp the NC side, and they stock heavily 3 times each year.

If you are familiar with the Nantahala River on the NC side, there is a tributary called Oak Stream that is classified as blue ribbon like the Davidson River is, and it holds large trout, my fav spot up there, it’s above the power station and just past the Nantahala’s outdoor center where all the kayakers compete in semi white water.

Rafted the Natahala and absolutely loved it. Went with 15 people. rented 3 rafts. Did the long route,,,stopped by the power station area and walked a path to where the water erosion made for some interesting bathtub sized holes filled with water,,,too cool

Rafted the Natahala and absolutely loved it. Went with 15 people. rented 3 rafts. Did the long route,,,stopped by the power station area and walked a path to where the water erosion made for some interesting bathtub sized holes filled with water,,,too cool
Go up a bit further, find White Oak stream on left, it’s awesome trout fishing CJ, the Nantahala holds trout also, but all the kayakers and extreme fluctuations in water flows make it so hard to fish properly.

Last edited:
In my younger years fellas, but what a time, like GT have some good stories. These days I have fun fly fishing lol.

I step away for the evening and it looks like you guys have been a busy bunch of fabulous posters....All good stories, all worthy stories.

I have been giving a lot of thought lately how our lives are structured around numbers.....

Your age is a number....How tall you are is a number....How much you weigh is a number....How many children you have is a number, and their ages are a number....The time you get up, and go to sleep, is a number.....How fast you are driving is a number....Your address is a number....How much the gas cost is a number...How much the groceries cost is a number....How much money you have in your wallet is a number....There are so many more numbers that can be listed, but perhaps the final number is the day, month, and year you died are the final numbers that will be listed...

As you can tell I went to a funeral of a very good, lifelong friend, yesterday....His personal clock struck 13, but he will always be number 1 with me...Hell of a guy!

When we were young men we use to chase the babes together....We would get each other blind dates that were girlfriends of our current girlfriend (they never worked out).....

One time he got me a blind date with his then girlfriends best friend....He said she was a little bit larger than what I preferred, but she had a good personality....I remember walking towards her car and she had a head bigger than a basketball...But, I had a great time with her...Another time he got me a blind date with a girl that had no teeth, and she smelled so bad I had to keep the window down, and it was winter....He got a kick out of that one...

Years ago, I had my first, and last beer with him, while we were eating pizza and watching Tennessee play Alabama on television...Neither one of us could drink the beer (Schlitz) so we got some Pepsi's instead...Much better.

When he came back from overseas, I brought him over my then girlfriend, and told her to entertain my friend...I'll be back in a couple hours...She was a good entertainer.

Once, I took him along as back up on a collection call...The rumor was there were three of them, and they were prepared to end my career before they would pay their debt to my employer....

I did a sudden, quick short stroke to the groin of the leader, he's the guy that actually owed the money, and the other two guys just froze in place....I had told my friend just stand tall and look dangerous, and it will be fine...The other two are probably posers, and they were...Take out the leader, and the rest is easy.

Back in the car with the money, he said that was chicken #hit to hit the guy in the balls without a warning....I told him this isn't the Golden Gloves...It's not the Wide World of Sports....It's strictly business.

As his life was slipping away, due to the Big C, we had some good laughs about so many good summer days and the pranks we played on each other....He heard the geese calling, and he faced it like the man he was/is...
pexels-pixabay-206359.jpg

I, I who have nothing
I, I who have no one
Adore you and want you so
I who am no one and have nothing to give you, oh
I love you
The Tom Jones, Ben E King or Shirley Bassey version ?
-
-
And when you ran to me
Your cheeks flushed with the night
We walked on frosted fields
of juniper and lamplight
I held your hand
-
And when I awoke and felt you warm and near
I kissed your honey hair with my grateful tears
Oh I love you girl
Oh I love you

No, the Puddles Pity Party version:

he really is an amazing singer,,listen to Tom Waits song about homeless men:

then listen to Puddles Pity Party do it

Here's a collection that did not go as planned....

After the guy said no to paying his debt, at least for now, I dropped my diversion prop so I could get low to blast him in his balls....I gave my standard swift stroke to his nut sack, but the guy was wearing a steel cup...He had heard of what I did to degenerates and was prepared...

I did not break my hand, or fingers, but I sprang the hell out of em...I now only had the use of my left hand and the guy was feeling good about his chances, so he got a little frisky and swung at me...He got a glancing blow on my jaw, just enough to really fire me up, but no real damage...

By this time my right hand was really throbbing and it was useless for any close in action...I could not back away and come back another day, or my employer would send a collector after me for his debt....That's how it worked...Every collection should of had "The Deguello" playing...

Fortunately for me, the guy was not real experienced...He leaned in to see if I was hurt, but that is when I grabbed his head by an ear and got the guy in a lock...I used my right as much as I could...I did not want to hurt the guy, just get his attention...

Once everything settled down, the guy took me to a convenient store to get some ice for my swollen right hand...He paid most of what he owed my employer that day, I made good for the rest....He settled up with me a couple weeks later...

Reactions: Rooster1

VN Store

Back