The Zone official Thanksgiving Thread

I'm conflicted about Thanksgiving, given my ancestry. But, Go Cowboys!

Native Americans were at Thanksgiving too. Don't buy into the woke hype. Many Early settlers got along with Natives, and even looked out for each other. There were bad settlers, and there were bad natives....and there were good settlers and there were good natives. I.E. people. My mom's people were at both Jamestown and Plymouth....

Native Americans were at Thanksgiving too. Don't buy into the woke hype. Many Early settlers got along with Natives, and even looked out for each other. There were bad settlers, and there were bad natives....and there were good settlers and there were good natives. I.E. people. My mom's people were at both Jamestown and Plymouth....

The group of people that suffered mass deportation and a mass genocide don't get to write the history books. Stop with the woke crap.

Should probably put it under things I'm mad about today. But it's turkey day related.

Sister just called and they Gots the covid. So they are unable to come. The worst part is they had rented a place here that was where everyone was going to meet for turkey day, and she was bringing 70% of the dishes.

So now last minute house is mess we got no space, and chances are my folks are coming here..... $%#@!^$*%#*

Lucky for me I had those birds thawing against my sister's wishes. (Ducks not turkey) I was already doing the dressing, but now I gots to last minute whip up more crap as wifey is working all day.

I'm a dude, but I can cook. But I don't like to cook.
I'm cooking all day today too. I always cook Thanksgiving and Christmas. Should never trust anyone that's going to bring 711 takeout for Thanksgiving dinner.

Dear God in Heaven, I never dreamed that zesting two large lemons could take so long

(I do have strong protective instincts about my knuckles when grating)

For dip peeps, need some feedback here pls.

This was suggested as a dip for the sausage balls. (Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, but to each his own, I guess.)

I have the ingredients. Does this sound interesting, in a good way? These are straight-ahead Bisquik sausage balls, with pork sausage, sharp cheddar, and chives. Nuthin fancy.

Ingredients
▢ 1 cup sour cream

▢ 1 cup mayonnaise
▢ 1/4 cup Thai sweet red chile sauce

Instructions
Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. You can adjust the amount of chile sauce to your own liking, start at 2 tbsp and work your way up!

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
For dip peeps, need some feedback here pls.

This was suggested as a dip for the sausage balls. (Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, but to each his own, I guess.)

I have the ingredients. Does this sound interesting, in a good way? These are straight-ahead Bisquik sausage balls, with pork sausage, sharp cheddar, and chives. Nuthin fancy.

Ingredients
▢ 1 cup sour cream

▢ 1 cup mayonnaise
▢ 1/4 cup Thai sweet red chile sauce

Instructions
Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. You can adjust the amount of chile sauce to your own liking, start at 2 tbsp and work your way up!
Sausage balls are so good on their own, so I don't see the need for sauce. And if you want a spicier sausage ball, do a spicy sausage.

Reactions: Danl and VolNExile

VN Store

Back