Vols #10 in latest CFP rankings

LSU's losses came at home (New Orleans is virtually a home game). One of those loses was to an unranked FSU, who hasn't defeated a ranked team this year and will likely fall to four loses this weekend.
If UT beats Bama and LSU loses to UGA in the SEC Championship, will they still be ranked ahead of Tennessee? Judging by the CFB rankings, I would say yes.

FSU is likely to go 9-3 and finish the season in the Top 15.... That is not a bad loss when you compare the resumê. And since LSU has shot up the rankings because of their late season run, the committee is also using FSU's improvement over the season to rate that as not a bad loss.

Also in regards to LSU losing vs UGA and us winning vs Vandy. You'd have 10-2 Tennessee idle with LSU playing a game and losing vs Georgia.... I think the committee would drop LSU 4-5 spots at minimum if they take a 3rd loss. Committee is basically offering LSU a win and in or lose and be eliminated....

I don't get the upheaval with LSU being #5 at 9-2.... If they finish 11-2, their 3 best wins would far and away be better than any other team in the country. Those wins, Georgia/Bama/Ole Miss, would far outweigh losing to a Top 10 Tennessee and a 9-3 FSU likely to end final rankings in Top 15.

Committee has been pretty consistent since the first rankings. Wins matter and not all wins are created equal

LSU being ranked above USC is a joke.
That will work itself out. As of right now LSUs schedule has been way tougher. If you have to choose how they finish to get in I would take USCs. Georgia is a way tougher task than either of USCe final 2. As for now the rankings are based off what's accomplished this far.

That will work itself out. As of right now LSUs schedule has been way tougher. If you have to choose how they finish to get in I would take USCs. Georgia is a way tougher task than either of USCe final 2. As for now the rankings are based off what's accomplished this far.

Yeah I think so too. They also deserve some credit for getting their act together in my opinion too. If they can go in and handle Georgia, which is unlikely, then I’ll be fine with them getting mad kudos.

Reactions: DeepSpringsVol

Idk man. LSU's playoff chances since initial rankings (they debuted at #10) was winning out. If they were to beat #7 Bama and #1 Georgia, I think they would have the easiest claim to a playoff spot over USC who's best win with a 12-1 record could be the #9 team at best.

LSU could have 3 wins in closing stretch vs Top 7 teams, including #1..... USC best 3 wins would be #16 UCLA, #15 ND, #9 Oregon.....

Good resumé 99% of the time. LSU is the 1%

Reactions: Stephen Gray
I am not at all happy about letting a huge opportunity slip through our fingers. At the same time top 10 is pretty awesome given where we have been. As long as the staff and team isn’t content with almost great…

Nor should you be. But this is a big step up in a short term and definitely worth being proud of. Be proud but also disappointed in my opinion.

At 10th neither of those slots will be available to us.

Yes they will be. If LSU wins in Atlanta, they are in and that doesn't impact the two SEC slots in NY6 Bowls as you'd have UGA and LSU in the playoff and Bama/Tennessee in the Top 10.

If LSU loses in Atlanta, a 3rd loss would drop them out of the top 10 or atleast below us and that doesn't impact the two SEC slots in NY6 Bowls for Bama/Tennessee at 10-2

They've already punished us all they are going to punish us for the SC loss. They are not going to put a 3-loss Big 12 team ahead of a 2-loss SEC team with wins over two of the existing top 7 teams in America. Get real.

They've already punished us all they are going to punish us for the SC loss. They are not going to put a 3-loss Big 12 team ahead of a 2-loss SEC team with wins over two of the existing top 7 teams in America. Get real.
Lol. They value conference championships and we are missing our heisman QB (which plays a big factor). Sorry to burst your bubble. They also don’t punish teams as much for losses in their championship game either so LSU may not drop more than 3 spots.

Yes they will be. If LSU wins in Atlanta, they are in and that doesn't impact the two SEC slots in NY6 Bowls as you'd have UGA and LSU in the playoff and Bama/Tennessee in the Top 10.

If LSU loses in Atlanta, a 3rd loss would drop them out of the top 10 or atleast below us and that doesn't impact the two SEC slots in NY6 Bowls for Bama/Tennessee at 10-2

I’ve not seen a single prediction of LSU dropping below TN with a loss (even though they should) and I personally can’t root for LSU to beat GA. I can’t stand the idea of them being in the playoff with us sitting at home. Makes me SICK

I’ve not seen a single prediction of LSU dropping below TN with a loss (even though they should) and I personally can’t root for LSU to beat GA. I can’t stand the idea of them being in the playoff with us sitting at home. Makes me SICK
If they get blown out they'll drop one spot below Tennessee. Head-to-head is a big deal.

VN Store

Back