FL RB Trey Sanders

just saying that things weren't as bad as some people want to make out. dean could end up as a bust. but if he had gotten those reviews while committed here people would have been extremely happy.

I don’t really disagree. I was focusing more on why he is no longer here.

My question is: are we a priority for him?!

Or even a thought?

Coming off the worst season in school history and with him being a top priority for schools like Alabama, Georgia and OSU? I would say we are pretty far down the list. We havent gotten to the point to where we can land guys like this yet. Hopefully we get there in a couple of years.

Our only real hope in landing sanders, is that current players on the roster in tandem with the university presentation impressed him. Don’t underestimate the power of the players to help you recruit to a culture.

Reactions: 1 person
Hopefully Weinke coming from there and being RB coach gives us an edge here

Weinke hasn't many been there for a few yrs so not sure what his pull is there at this point beyond connection with coaches. Don't think the kids would have any loyalty to him since they prob weren't there then

That's less than 5 ypc. People have to try not being enamored by that former 5* tag. The kid has had multiple injuries and has not been the same as his former #1 RB in the country ranking.

It is amazing how hard headed people are. They just can't let go of some stars that were put on kids when they were 16-18 years old. This kid is buried in the depth chart at Alabama and we got fans that immediately think he would come in and be our best RB. Why? Because they have seen it? No it's only because he had high recruiting rankings and Alabama took his commitment. That's it.

VN Store

Back