Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Hooker going down changed the Vandy game. I'm not saying we were going to lose if he plays, but I think the motivation and intensity the entire team plays with Saturday will be turned up a bit now.

Hearing what Omari said about Hooker and knowing how close Milton and him are you know damn well they want to play all out. I personally think you could run QB draws all game for Milton and if he just runs full speed we'd beat Candy by 14.

No doubt here - this will come down to the final play

If the players haven't dialed it back in, we may lose by 10+ points
I think we are a 9-2 team with 6-6 talent…. They needed a reminder of who they are and how hard they have to work to get to where they want to go…. I just bought a new 65” tv on Black Friday…. I’m confident we will win but if they don’t beat Vandy … I may have to buy another 65” tv to replace it.

i just think Milton will torch Vandy

ive seen them play about every game and they're the only SEC team with a worse secondary than ours. Mike Wright will hit some plays but he is not capable of doing what Rattler did.

I feel like Hooker going down changed the Vandy game. I'm not saying we were going to lose if he plays, but I think the motivation and intensity the entire team plays with Saturday will be turned up a bit now.

Hearing what Omari said about Hooker and knowing how close Milton and him are you know damn well they want to play all out. I personally think you could run QB draws all game for Milton and if he just runs full speed we'd beat Candy by 14.

i agree esp with the first part

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Do you think having considered what happened he would just have let Banks travel with the team and play? This is big boy semi-pro now, you let the locker room handle bidness and then play the best guys.

I will take "A great way to guarantee your organization has a terrible culture for $1,000, Alex"

Reactions: screenthis

If it took Hooker getting hurt to ignite the team after the product they put on the field last time out, then that shows exactly how far we are away from being a championship program.

To get decent training you need to either go to England or pay a **** ton because the supply doesn't meet demand when it comes to good trainers/coaches.
10 years ago, yes. Not anymore. All major clubs have academies in the US. The level of play is way higher now. US players are being recruited worldwide. We are the next soccer super power. The only thing missing was the fans and now with MLS thriving and attendance to soccer increasing nation wide, we have that too. My family in Italy sees it coming. Our population + our athletes + new investment = Powerhouse very soon. Soccer was always a sleeping giant in the US. Now the popularity is huge and growing each year.

Reactions: RikidyBones
I think an unfortunate situation, bad timing and mounting frustration led to swift judgment. I doubt anyone thought UT was in jeopardy of losing that game... and I think blaming a blowout loss on the absence of one player is overlooking the failure to execute on dozens of plays by dozens of guys-- starters, backups and coaches. One player's off-the-field issues didn't cause the team's on-the-field issues; it's two separate problems.

Yes, but he complexity of the ACTUAL situation around the program and that game is exhausting. Can't we just take the easy way out and blame everything on one player or coach. That doesn't expend as much of our already limited cognitive ability.

I’m not an expert on soccer either and not 100% sure it’s not similar in other countries…. I just know here in America that the high love club teams that these kids come from cost 18-20,000 or more a year… A lot of really great athletes gets left behind here in the states.
$2000 - $6000 a year depending if you are ECNL (National), ECNL=-R (Regional or state), or NPL (Lower tier of regional/state). The top level is MLS Next or USL Academy. In those two, the kids pay nothing except gas to get to practice. Outside of that, Uniforms and Travel is covered by US Soccer.

I think we are a 9-2 team with 6-6 talent…. They needed a reminder of who they are and how hard they have to work to get to where they want to go…. I just bought a new 65” tv on Black Friday…. I’m confident we will win but if they don’t beat Vandy … I may have to buy another 65” tv to replace it.
Just stop. Lord, some times It’s on the coaches and that game was 100% on the coaches. No ifs or buts about it. And please name six teams with more talent than us that we played? I know you will die with the coaches even if they don’t win a game but come on brother.

10 years ago, yes. Not anymore. All major clubs have academies in the US. The level of play is way higher now. US players are being recruited worldwide. We are the next soccer super power. The only thing missing was the fans and now with MLS thriving and attendance to soccer increasing nation wide, we have that too. My family in Italy sees it coming. Our population + our athletes + new investment = Powerhouse very soon. Soccer was always a sleeping giant in the US. Now the popularity is huge and growing each year.
I hope so. It's a phenomenal sport if played right. (no flopping).

Black Friday is this upcoming Friday.

I hope so. It's a phenomenal sport if played right. (no flopping).

It’s really unique among the major team sports on how fluid and dynamic it is. The low scoring used to bother me, but I’ve gotten used to it and can appreciate the game for what it is now.

It’s still 3 or 4 on my list, though.

Just stop. Lord, some times It’s on the coaches and that game was 100% on the coaches. No ifs or buts about it. And please name six teams with more talent than us that we played? I know you will die with the coaches even if they don’t win a game but come on brother.
I agree that game was 100% on the coaches. But let’s not act like we got national championship level talent. The staff has overperformed for the talent that they have. But what happened on Saturday can’t happen. That is a 1000% on the coaches and should not even happen again

The problem is that the best athletes in the U.S. don't play soccer as a career. They play football, basketball or baseball. Soccer is way down the list. That isn't the case in the rest of the world.

Reactions: scienceteaching_vol
Losing to Vandy just cannot happen. No way UT gets a prime bowl matchup with two bad losses to unranked teams to end the season. It would be a disastrous fall from grace that would cause all sorts of kneejerk reactions.
Well hopefully we come out and win the line of scrimmage on both sides. Physical football is how you combat complacency , we do not need to throw it 50 times against Vandy. It seemed like we panicked a bit after the first drive and wanted to fling it all over the field.

Reactions: JacketVol
We're going to miss the College Football playoffs by one game, and the trolls come out in force wanting to burn everything to the ground and start over. What a bunch of drama queens!
Two things you can count on when things don't go our way:

1. Folks come out in force as you say. And I'll add they mostly come out from hiding, after waiting for a chance to do what they do best.

2. They always want someone fired. Shoot, they always want that even when things are going well.

That's why I rarely come here during games and stay away for awhile afterwards, depending on what happened on Saturday.

I don't have an opinion on whether anyone needs to be fired as I trust CJH and DW on that more than I trust myself or anyone else who just think they know how to run a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back