Game Thread: (11/12) Lady Vols. 72 - Gonzaga. 73

The Ladies lost but I am proud of the way they played against a very good team. Again, KJH has to realize that they are a much better team with Horston, Jackson, Powell and Franklin on the floor with either Darby or Walker at the 2. They are more physical and more competitive. At this point I would be trying to develop Hollingshed in the post. Hollingshed and Franklin are just more physical and active than TK.

Horrible coaching is what we need start owning up and speaking about. "GAme management" makes it seem as though the players made their own decisions and even at that point its the COACHES fault for not reeling them in. This was terrible literally 2 ATO's under 1 minute and both were plays for Powell to go from the top of the key and drive against the bigs of gonzaga !! does kelly not realize Powell is only 5"7 ? Im done , have a great day everyone. More frustration.

What exactly are you complaining about here? Two late TOs by Powell?

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
If posters want to live in lala land and protect the comments against Kellie they may as well just hit ignore. Its crazy how the criticism of players is so accepted here but you mention the HC and your now and idiot who deserves to be ignored smh .

Reactions: NoBackBoard
Blah.

I was so excited to watch this team play. Was salivating all off season.

Now this.

They still have the talent to turn things around but it needs to happen quick, fast and in a hurry. We can’t lose all these games and kid ourselves that it won’t affect our tournament chances. We haven’t lost to a “bad” team yet but we haven’t beaten any good ones either.

Just at a loss for why the defense and rebounding are so poor.

I hope a lot of you morons leave. Team gives a great effort today and get the short end of the stick with the Refs and the griping begins. So long see ya.
I hope a lot of you morons leave. Team gives a great effort today and get the short end of the stick with the Refs and the griping begins. So long see ya.
So, was Gonzaga a big power in womena bb? I'll take a rain check.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
What exactly are you complaining about here? Two late TOs by Powell?
NO its the 2 clutch decisions by the HC to give Powell the ball and go for the shot with 70 seconds left up 1 when Horston and Rickea had carried the team the entire game. NOT to mention the decision to not advance the ball after the Timeout which gave gonzaga back the ball for the win ....Can you explain that by chance ?

And that's suppose to be a good thing ? Since when do we accept morale losses >? Is that what we have become >?
Somebody has to win a game like that. When he made the bogus call for the travel that was surely to their advantage. When they did the over and back Horston never touched that ball. None of you people have to stay here and even watch the team going forward if you don't want to.

I normally avoid criticizing a player for poor play. Bad games happen. But if our senior post player continues to play this soft we will have a really long year. We need her and she isn't there. The fact that she wasn't even in the game when the Zags had the ball for the final time is hard to believe. It might be time to send her a signal and take her out of the starting lineup.
6'6" and she only had 1 stinking rebound against under-sized Gonzaga?? Key is PATHETIC! I don't care about her nails, her lashes, her race or any of that; but she's atrocious?? Does she even give a damn?? A damn midget could out-play her lazy ar$e? Worst start in my memory and right about now I'm so fed up with their lack of teamwork, hustle and basketball smarts?? Sure, a lot of that is on the coach, but players need to also self-motivate themselves and take responsibility?? Will anyone on this team step up?? I won't hold my breath?

Will they? The SEC teams are tough. We were tougher last year and still got out-toughed in games. This team is soft and disorganized. Anyone thinking conference play will be a cake walk is in for a rude awakening.
A middle of the road SEC team has a chance to make the tourney which is where they’ll be. This will easily be a 10-14 loss team. I agree they are soft though.

Reactions: glv98
Yeah, I was a big believer that Key was the answer for this team, but she's started the first 6 games and they lost to every team with a pulse. Start Franklin. It really can't get any worse than it is now.
I would love for that to happen, maybe coach doesn’t want to hurt her feelings.

Will they? The SEC teams are tough. We were tougher last year and still got out-toughed in games. This team is soft and disorganized. Anyone thinking conference play will be a cake walk is in for a rude awakening.
They're really not. There is not a single team in the SEC that looks worrisome outside of SC and LSU (and it's still TBD just how good LSU really is). None of the others have a snowball's chance in hell of hosting the 1st two rounds. Barring an even greater meltdown than they've opened with, they will finish in the top 4 in the SEC standings. I just don't think that's gonna carry the same weight in the committee's eyes as in years past because of how down the SEC will be this year. The BEast is probably a stronger conference.

I seriously doubt that was the called play. Powell is generally very solid, but a few bad decisions down the stretch really, really hurt us.

Do you have to ask to advance? I thought that happened automatically in those situations.

Here is the rule: Timeouts Granted and Charged - Option to Advance the Ball (Rule 5-14.2). When a timeout is charged to the offensive team during the last 59.9 seconds of the fourth period and/or any extra period(s), the team has the option to advance the throw-in spot to the 28-foot mark in the front court on the same side of the court as the scorers' table. :

So, this one is on Kellie in the sense that getting a play starting from half-court should give more options the full court. Still a terrible call on the refs. Inexplicable really.

I applaud Kellie for putting Franklin back in. It was the best choice based on play today. We are definitely not the team we thought we would be with an all star post. I feel horrible for TK, but in the interest of the team she needs to sit for now.

Yes Franklin was the right choice at the moment. That's what's so frustrating. Ordinarily, our rim protector would be in the lineup in that situation. We need the rim protector to protect the rim. But she just isn't performing up to her abilities. The fact that she isn't trusted by the coach in that situation is on her. It's very frustrating.

VN Store

Back