Game Thread: (11/12) Lady Vols. 72 - Gonzaga. 73

Kellie may be the worst at calling end of quarter or end of half offensive plays. Not one 2nd half 3 point attempt? Let's just run full speed to the goal and hope for a rebound and putback. And Kellie better be asked why she didn't advance the ball before Horston "travelled" Maddening to watch this over and over.

Reactions: Harvey Peak
another timeout called to have Jasmine powell get the ball at the top of the key and drive against the zags bigs WTF are you doing Kellie really im sick of this **** . We have Jordan horston and Rickea jackson and your calling the final play for Powell WTF dude. Get rid of her seriously now !
I seriously doubt that was the called play. Powell is generally very solid, but a few bad decisions down the stretch really, really hurt us.

Do you have to ask to advance? I thought that happened automatically in those situations.

Thought that was why she was harboring TO’s for this type of situation, then she get in this situation and she doesn’t use it. Man, Kellie ain’t going to be here long.

Reactions: JustaChicken
Nothing but praise for the team today got cheated out of that game by the Refs.. They kept giving Gongaza possessions even when they made mistakes. Over and back, over the back, phantom travel. 8 against 5.

Totally true. Doesn't excuse the loss, we still should have won, but 4th quarter was VERY one-sided officiating.

Powell was determined she was gonna hero ball them to the win. Don't know why the ball didn't go straight to Rickea or Jordan to create or get fouled. Powell and Darby were the last two players on the court that should have been dribbling the ball as the clock counted down. If that's what Kellie called, she deserves the scorn she's about to get.

I normally avoid criticizing a player for poor play. Bad games happen. But if our senior post player continues to play this soft we will have a really long year. We need her and she isn't there. The fact that she wasn't even in the game when the Zags had the ball for the final time is hard to believe. It might be time to send her a signal and take her out of the starting lineup.

I think the true problem is we should not have a HC and her husband in charge of this program. Im not even so confident their on the same page anymore bickering like babies on the sidelines in front of the ESPN cameras. This entire ship needs to sink and get built again. Kellie is not and never has been the answer .

When the play was falling apart in the last 6 seconds, after the first missed shot, Kellie could have called a timeout but choose not to. Wow, I’m done with this season. They’ll make the tourney but this team is just mediocre at best. Certainly not a top 25 team. Wow. Starting the season 2-4 is an epic disaster. I’m truly shocked.

Reactions: Voltopia
idk how kellie managed to win with the squad we had last year, but this year she’s struggling to. i get we have a lot new players but we are a better team. it’s maddening.

I normally avoid criticizing a player for poor play. Bad games happen. But if our senior post player continues to play this soft we will have a really long year. We need her and she isn't there. The fact that she wasn't even in the game when the Zags had the ball for the final time is hard to believe. It might be time to send her a signal and take her out of the starting lineup.
The leading scorer for the Zags was not afraid of Key. In fact, it look like the opposite was true.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
I think the true problem is we should not have a HC and her husband in charge of this program. Im not even so confident they’re on the same page anymore bickering like babies on the sidelines in front of the ESPN cameras. This entire ship needs to sink and get built again. Kellie is not and never has been the answer .
It didn’t work in softball, either

Damn.

I'm not mad. Our team fought hard to the end. I'm proud of them, and heartbroken FOR them.

All you folks who are rearing to go with your criticisms, could you please consider backing away for a bit?

Overall, the team looked a whole lot better. The phantom travel call against Horston was obviously a game changing moment. When a superslow motion replay has the announcers try to estimate the exact time between her step and dribble, probably a good sign that the ref got a little too worked up and should have not blown the whistle.
And we can add the weird call against Powell for boxing out and having the Gonzago player go over her back. Ref bad calls are supposed to even but these came at really crucial moments.

And if she does not then do we settle for Phil not caring about the Women's program at all anymore as suspected or do we continue to give disclaimers for little ole Jolly for 4 more years and stay loyal to the program ? I call ******** , she will get a buyout regardless if she signed an extension or not . I dont see this being put up with for the next few years heck she may not even make it to 2023.
Wait and see!!

Reactions: xtpsrh08123

VN Store

Back