Game Thread: (11/12) Lady Vols. 72 - Gonzaga. 73

Awful. Just awful. Terrible call by official on traveling. Did official say we tried to advance ball when Franklin inbounded ball,? Must have. Than the wrong player takes the shot. Poor coaching

Reactions: creekdipper
2-4 and we earned every single one of those losses honestly.

The team hustled today. It is all on Kellie and her decisions. I don't know why she feels she has to stop our runs by wholesale substituting but the AD needs to sit her down and correct her on that.

And she better have a good excuse for not advancing the ball.

I normally avoid criticizing a player for poor play. Bad games happen. But if our senior post player continues to play this soft we will have a really long year. We need her and she isn't there. The fact that she wasn't even in the game when the Zags had the ball for the final time is hard to believe. It might be time to send her a signal and take her out of the starting lineup.
I applaud Kellie for putting Franklin back in. It was the best choice based on play today. We are definitely not the team we thought we would be with an all star post. I feel horrible for TK, but in the interest of the team she needs to sit for now.

Much better effort. Good to see improvement in stretches. Franklin came to play.

Got a lot of really tough calls against them today. Just obviously wrong calls that shifted momentum.

Proud of the fight the ladies showed. Yeah, Harper should have called time out, but Jordy didn't walk. She did, however, get fouled at the end with no whistle.

Good learning opportunity.

Damn.

I'm not mad. Our team fought hard to the end. I'm proud of them, and heartbroken FOR them.

All you folks who are rearing to go with your criticisms, could you please consider backing away for a bit?

I definitely will consider , and face the fact that as a program we are accepting this and still making excuses tells me things are no the same as the legacy days.

And we can add the weird call against Powell for boxing out and having the Gonzago player go over her back. Ref bad calls are supposed to even but these came at really crucial moments.

What was weird about it? She had her arms extended backwards and was practically squeezing that girl's buttcheeks.

They’ll make the tourney but this team is just mediocre at best.

Will they? The SEC teams are tough. We were tougher last year and still got out-toughed in games. This team is soft and disorganized. Anyone thinking conference play will be a cake walk is in for a rude awakening.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
I hope a lot of you morons leave. Team gives a great effort today and get the short end of the stick with the Refs and the griping begins. So long see ya.
Just because you don't share the same passion or care for the teams results and play along with decisions does not make others idiots. We have a high expectation than you i guess.

I applaud Kellie for putting Franklin back in. It was the best choice based on play today. We are definitely not the team we thought we would be with an all star post. I feel horrible for TK, but in the interest of the team she needs to sit for now.
Yeah, I was a big believer that Key was the answer for this team, but she's started the first 6 games and they lost to every team with a pulse. Start Franklin. It really can't get any worse than it is now.

You mean the phantom walk call. Terrible Refs we lost at least five possessions in that game on terrible calls.

Yep. I rarely complain about officiating costing us games, but this time....

At least players can see how a few careless decisions on their part can be crucial in a game officiated like this.

VN Store

Back