Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damnit. Was afraid of that.

Thank you, Hendo, for being a wonderful representative of the UT Vols! You persevered your entire college career, fought back when things didn’t go as planned, and had worked your way into national prominence. You gave us fans hope again, as well. You are a VFL, young man. Good luck in your rehab and future career!

Everyone saying rattler played so well makes me laugh. They ran the same damn combo to both sides and dinked and dunked us all night. We never once adjusted to it. That’s coaching malpractice and how inept Banks is at his job. I don’t want to hear talent is the issue. Shows me you have no idea what you’re talking about. We had enough talent to hold them to 30 or less and adjust our defense. If we had played man and brought the safeties up, we would have crushed them. For some reason Banks stayed high all damn game and in zone and it killed us. He never really changed.

I agree with this and it happened a lot in Florida game and it was driving me crazy.

This may be the hurt talking but Hooker has a legit gripe with south Carolina and how little they took care of that field this year

I was referring to discipline, not playing on the field. You can’t cut 20 guys on a defense because you wouldn’t have any players.

Maybe I misunderstood the original post, but good leaders don’t put up with things that hurt synergy and culture and production. They empower people that work within the team and get things done.
We agree then. My point was that too many players were lacking motivation and discipline to blame them. One offs, sure. When too many are loose or lacking fundamentals, it’s the coach or leader on that side of the ball.

Gutted for Hooker and that being his last game.

Milton may beat Vandy with his legs but we wont beat a decent team in a bowl with his arm. He hasn't shown any improvement on touch passes :(

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Exactly. I finally was pulled back into believing we were no longer a laughingstock after being one my entire adult fandom. And then the gut punch again. Its why I now hate Martinez and Tim Banks and all the losers who mailed it in on defense last night. But those losers don't deserve to be carried to a playoff by our offense anyway. Need to clean house on defensive coaching staff and Defensive backfield, then we might have a chance at making a playoff.
If the players are that badly undisciplined (on the field) and unteachable can you really fairly judge TB and WM?...that is why I have resisted the firing talk all year, but last night was just...so..effin..bad..

I hope they can at least stabilize it right now and at least play mediocre defense, so our heavily weakened offense doesn't have to try and score 40+ just to have a chance to win.

This weekend can’t get here soon enough. We need to kill Vandy at our second home and I can’t wait to watch Clemson drag USC. Then we will see how much crap Beamer talks going 7-5 compared to our 10-2.
I agree with what you said...on another day we would kill that garbage team 8 out of 10 times....for one thing Rattler will NEVER be that accurate again...ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back