'22 Recruiting Forum: Official South Carolina Pregame/Game Thread

iu
This is the man responsible…

Reactions: Vols4us
Since the Georgia game Hooker has reverted back to his Virginia Tech backup self (it is what it is). He was carried by incredible coaching and scheme by Heupel. Add on the worst defensive coordinator in the history of the SEC Tim Banks and we lost to South Carolina.

I know I’ll get over it as I’ve gotten over all the heart-rending losses, but…I don’t know. I’m just kinda numb right now. Disappointed. That old familiar feeling. And Hooker…I have no confidence about beating Vandy without him.

No...I feel it in my bones....this is what the toxic crowd has been waiting for...Heupel is doomed. We are going to struggle next year..and the poison will go from a trickle to a flood..and then recruiting will tank...and then...

I feel like John Buford in the movie Gettysburg.."Devin, I've led a soldier's life, and I've never seen anything as brutally clear as this. It's as if I can actually see the blue troops in one long, bloody moment, goin' up the long slope to the stony top. As if it were already done... already a memory. An odd... set... stony quality to it. As if tomorrow has already happened and there's nothin' you can do about it. The way you sometimes feel before an ill-considered attack, knowin' it'll fail, but you cannot stop it. You must even take part, and help it fail.

I hate this so much...this one hurts bad, and it is a momentum destroying loss.

I think I am going to check out for a while..

I know I’ll get over it as I’ve gotten over all the heart-rending losses, but…I don’t know. I’m just kinda numb right now. Disappointed. That old familiar feeling. And Hooker…I have no confidence about beating Vandy without him.
Hooker is not helping us win games since the Georgia loss anyway. It’s up to the worst defensive coordinator in history Tim Banks if we win against Vandy.

this is his Dabo moment. Steele got fired for giving up 70 and Clemson went on to win alot of games and get alot better on defense. Lets hope for that outcome. i was a wait and see on Banks because our talent level is awful but after tonight i don't think he's what we need. we can definitely do better. this was inexcusable, we didn't just lay an egg, we looked flat out awful all night on defense. I still believe Heupel is the guy though.

For what
Offense scored 38 points, yeah they could’ve done better but **** happens
Defense gave up a million points
Defensive coaches need to take the blame
For not having the team prepared. There are no defensive coaches take the blame..... hes the HC it all falls on him the good and bad.

Like I get the BVS, been a fan for awhile.

But Jesus Christ we climbed to #1 for the first time in 2 decades, just enjoy a fun offense and great year 2 playing with a roster that still needs more talent.
Way more talent.
but... there’s enough talent on this field to beat South Carolina. today was the first time in two years that it felt like we were watching a Butch Jones/Derek Dooley/Jeremy Pruitt led team

Like I get the BVS, been a fan for awhile.

But Jesus Christ we climbed to #1 for the first time in 2 decades, just enjoy a fun offense and great year 2 playing with a roster that still needs more talent.
Yes...but this was bad, and it will take a while even for us rational folks to get over this one. If we lose to Vandy next week...the buzzards will start circling.

We REALLY need to win that game to keep this season from feeling like 2016.

Kirby showed the way you defend this offense, you keep everything in front of you, make sure tackles, make Tennessee March the field in time consuming drives. That's exactly what SC did and we didn't handle UT well. We scored enough for most teams but when you're defense is DIV II level that's not good enough.

Reactions: xtremevolfan
Our defense has plenty of weaknesses and over the season we had overcome those weaknesses. Tonight was a perfect storm similar to Florida game. Richardson played a near perfect game, but it was not perfect. Tonight Rattler was perfect. Even when we had coverage, he threw perfect passes. He played the game of his life, hewill never play a better game.
We may have been overconfident, I think that was part of the problem even last week versus Missouri. Hadden is a problem. Too much mouth and nothing to back it up.
Heupel’s greatest challenge will not be offense, but defense. Will he recruit a better staff?

Yes...but this was bad, and it will take a while even for us rational folks to get over this one. If we lose to Vandy next week...the buzzards will start circling.

We REALLY need to win that game to keep this season from feeling like 2016.
Yep, if he wins next week he’s better than Butch. Lose next week and….

VN Store

Back