Transfer portal discussion

Bru, Keyton, Squirrel, Holliday and Meriill, Nimrod which by all accounts was going to help us this year. Then IF Hyatt returns
Is Bru coming back? That would be great.

If there is a good WR on the portal that wants in - you take him and group him with Bru & Keyton.

The others are unproven at this point.

You’re going in circles now.

I don’t care if Hyatt is ready, or not
It doesn’t matter if he’s ready, or not

All that matters is his decision to stay or go. That’s it. Any other discussion is immaterial.
No. Just wondering when a simple logical construct will stop confusing you so greatly.

If Hyatt equals "ready" then Hyatt "goes".

Decision equals ready/not ready.

So if that decision is all that matters... then his readiness is all that matters.

No. Just wondering when a simple logical construct will stop confusing you so greatly.

If Hyatt equals "ready" then Hyatt "goes".

Decision equals ready/not ready.

So if that decision is all that matters... then his readiness is all that matters.
No it doesn’t. It doesn’t matter at all.

All that matters is whether he believes an NFL team will draft him where he wants.

That’s it. That’s all.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Hyatt's skillset is still a legitimate question for NFL teams. So far at UT, he's proven that he has elite speed and typically good hands. The receiving numbers (yards + TDs) don't lie, but there are some unanswered questions. Hyatt hasn't shown the ability to make people miss (without running around them) and he's not had to catch many contested balls. That's not a KNOCK on Hyatt. It's more a testament to our coaching staff and their ability to scheme him open. The number of TDs he's had where he's caught the ball with 5 yards of separation and no one around him is insane. While it does showcase his speed, it's more about the coaching staff, and WRs with speed are easy to find in the draft.

I love Jalin. I'll be his biggest fan if he goes to the NFL this offseason. But I think many people are getting caught up on his numbers rather than assessing him as a complete WR.

Additionally, if Keyton, Bru and Squirrel come back next season, I don't see CJH searching the portal for WRs. I think he likes what he's got and these guys have now all been in the system (as have another group of guys right behind them). Knowing the system is more critical than talent level at WR for CJH.

Just my 2 cents.
While I agree with you, if your fast and a good enough route runner, you don’t have to be able to catch the ball in traffic.. Tyreek Hill is probably the best example..

While I agree with you, if your fast and a good enough route runner, you don’t have to be able to catch the ball in traffic.. Tyreek Hill is probably the best example..
I agree, but with all due respect to Jalin, he’s not Tyreek Hill fast. And definitely not Tyreek Hill shifty.

Only a Tennessee fan is looking at Hyatt saying “Wow, there’s the next Tyreek Hill.”

I agree with this. If he gets a top grade he is gone. Just as he should be.

My thoughts exactly… if he finishes as consistent these last two games plus bowl / (CFP), as he’s played all season, he will be Biletnikof Winner, record setting year for a TENN WR, and change at QB with Hooker going pro (out of eligibility).

All those factors give me impression he’s going pro and I can’t blame him, hard to top or best(improve) what he’s done. His draft stock I would have to assume is pretty high. NFL loves speed even with slight frames.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
It doesn't matter if he's ready or not if he's getting 1st round feedback. Hooker and Tillman both came back due to poor feedback. Hooker definitely has elevated his stock. I question how much the injury will affect Tillman. He had started getting late first round talk prior to the ankle injury.

Reactions: KptVFL
So back to the topic of the portal.

I see our positions of interest in portal…

TE- I believe we lose both Fant and Warren, so find some experience and production here will be important.

OT- we need more depth here and will lose D.Wright to draft.

WR- I could see us grabbing 1-2 in portal depending on who we lose to draft.

RB- I like our young guys, so only if there is a difference maker available.

DL- we will lose a few seniors, so could see adding another DJ Terry type.

LB/DB- we will lose a few starters, could see looking for some experience.

I don’t expect us to get 1 at each position in portal, but trying to make a case for each.

TE- I believe we lose both Fant and Warren, so find some experience and production here will be important.

I don’t expect us to get 1 at each position in portal, but trying to make a case for each.

So, basically everywhere but QB and possibly RB.

I don't disagree, just thought it was humorous.

Reactions: BucVol98
Hyatt is having an epic season and most all juniors should declare if they get a high draft projection. I really respect how Hyatt buckled down since last year and dedication himself to improving. I still have questions on whether he will be an elite pro. Seems like 90% of his splash plays he’s wide open and receivers aren’t wide open often in the nfl. Hyatt clearly has outstanding straight line speed which helps when CJH calls routes that confuses the secondary. I’m interested in how a slimmer guy can avoid being knocked off his routes and be able to battle nfl db’s on 50/50 balls. He’s made great strides at UT and no reason he can’t make more progress in the nfl, but he’s not the prototypical first round receiver. None of this is meant as negative as he has proven himself an outstanding college receiver and I’m a huge fan
Yes agree. He may not be durable enough for the NFL. Hope he is!

Warren can come back. Why do you think he'd leave? He's not a candidate to get drafted.

Reactions: BucVol98

VN Store

Back