All things STOCKS

It sounds like FTX was a straight up pyramid scheme that didn’t even have trappings of legitimacy that Madoff had. How the hell does a company like this get past regulators and be allowed on US exchanges? How many more of these are out there.

It sounds like FTX was a straight up pyramid scheme that didn’t even have trappings of legitimacy that Madoff had. How the hell does a company like this get past regulators and be allowed on US exchanges? How many more of these are out there.

Unfortunately, our regulators are like traffic cops. They only catching one in ten at best.

There are good ones in the mix. But as with anything semi-new, treat them like buying a used car. Kick the tires, take test drives, consult your professional friend, etc

There are no regulations. I thought everybody knew that. That’s kinda the point if it. Now, stealing is illegal. They could charge the guy with a crime. Customers will certainly sue him. But that’s not regulation. These companies were not allowed on us exchanges.
it worries me that you asked, and it worries me that somebody replied as if you made sense.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
There are no regulations. I thought everybody knew that. That’s kinda the point if it. Now, stealing is illegal. They could charge the guy with a crime. Customers will certainly sue him. But that’s not regulation. These companies were not allowed on us exchanges.
it worries me that you asked, and it worries me that somebody replied as if you made sense.
thanks for the response. I’ve never bought crypto. Never even bought individual stocks with exception of banks. I assumed this was publcly traded on some exchange. Guess my next question would be how do regulators allow an entity like Blackrock to remain on NYSE after having large positions in these sort of sketchy investments? That seems like an end around.

WMT earnings tomorrow. Should I short?

If you think election impacts market, then this might pump brakes on shorting anything for next couple of days.

2022 House Election Live Results - 270toWin

I do think WMT earnings may be down. And, their guidance can't be great. But, it may get minimized by the red wave in House.

The Stock Market truly loves gridlock!

Last edited:
thanks for the response. I’ve never bought crypto. Never even bought individual stocks with exception of banks. I assumed this was publcly traded on some exchange. Guess my next question would be how do regulators allow an entity like Blackrock to remain on NYSE after having large positions in these sort of sketchy investments? That seems like an end around.
Might come back to bite Blackrock's reputation as cryptos lose favor. Bitcoin has gone from $63k to $17k in one year. almost 75%.
I don't know, but I doubt Blackrock is recommending crypto as an investment?

Producer price index up .2%. An average (4%) of the last two months might be more accurate price?
Seems like there have been recent price increases "just because we could". It would be nice to see Publix's or Kroger's records to verify actual increases in their cost.

Might come back to bite Blackrock's reputation as cryptos lose favor. Bitcoin has gone from $63k to $17k in one year. almost 75%.
They're not alone. I just used them as example because mentioned earlier. I did a little research and it seems that within the last couple of years regulators acceded to desire of publicly traded funds and holding companies to take positions in crypto because they whined about missing out on windfall opportunities.

Reactions: Go aeiou
They're not alone. I just used them as example because mentioned earlier. I did a little research and it seems that within the last couple of years regulators acceded to desire of publicly traded funds and holding companies to take positions in crypto because they whined about missing out on windfall opportunities.
As long as the ownership is disclosed, and not an obvious disregard of the fund prospectus. Hard to justify crypto in a S&P 500 fund.

I’m speculating that since the FTX guy was the Democrats second largest donor (after George Soros), that BlackRock was involved for purely political reasons. They lean waaayyyyy to the Left with their corporate governance stances.

VN Store

Back