Jimbo looking like he’s trying to get fired.

Why does everyone feel Kiffin will bail on Ole Miss? He's making $7.5 million there, they like him since he's winning and ATM paying out his contract on top of paying out Jimbo's contract with a huge raise isn't going to happen.

Why does everyone feel Kiffin will bail on Ole Miss? He's making $7.5 million there, they like him since he's winning and ATM paying out his contract on top of paying out Jimbo's contract with a huge raise isn't going to happen.
Lane doesn't have an ounce of loyalty in his being i do believe

Ole Miss is not a destination, it is a stepping stone job. I think he may go to Auburn.

In 2017 Florida State had a dismal season. Their game with UL-M got postponed due to a hurricane, normally what would happen is FSU would have simply paid UL-M off and both schools would have moved on. However Florida State had to play this game in order to become bowl elligible so they wound up playing it the week when conferences were having their championship games. Why A&M thought to bring Jimbo in after a season that ended this way is puzzling enough and then to attach an insane amount of money to it is even more so. In fact, I think it is a more puzzling move than Tennessee bringing in Dooley after having several losing seasons at Louisiana Tech.

I saw an article that NIL was killing the competitive nature in kids. Instead of fighting for their NFL career, they’re marketing for NIL and it’s destroying teams.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out down the road

Reactions: tbwhhs
Lane doesn't have an ounce of loyalty in his being i do believe

Ole Miss is not a destination, it is a stepping stone job. I think he may go to Auburn.

I agree Kiffin isn't what we would call the "loyal" kind, but neither Auburn nor ATM are "destination" jobs either. If he does bolt from Ole Miss (unlikely at the moment) it's going to be for a college blue blood program that makes him a mafia offer of eight figures. I'm not sure Barn or the Aggies are going to pay him eight figures while still paying off massive debt on their last coach. Barn really screwed themselves and ATM is a dumpster fire growing into the entire landfill.

Kiffin is poised to make a run at the SEC West title when Saban retires since the only other threat in the West is LSU. I think he stays at Ole Miss since he can maintain 9-10 win seasons until that cycle is broken (which could be soon) and then come out swinging.

I agree Kiffin isn't what we would call the "loyal" kind, but neither Auburn nor ATM are "destination" jobs either. If he does bolt from Ole Miss (unlikely at the moment) it's going to be for a college blue blood program that makes him a mafia offer of eight figures. I'm not sure Barn or the Aggies are going to pay him eight figures while still paying off massive debt on their last coach. Barn really screwed themselves and ATM is a dumpster fire growing into the entire landfill.

Kiffin is poised to make a run at the SEC West title when Saban retires since the only other threat in the West is LSU. I think he stays at Ole Miss since he can maintain 9-10 win seasons until that cycle is broken (which could be soon) and then come out swinging.
Yeah Lane could bring Ole Miss football back to levels it hasn't seen since the days of legendary head football coach Johnny Vaught.

Why would we want their quitters? UT lost their star players after Pruitt was fired and all those guys went on to disappointing results.
Oklahoma sucks this year, but Eric Gray is absolutely tearing it up. He's putting up All American type of numbers this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff Clark
Why would we want their quitters? UT lost their star players after Pruitt was fired and all those guys went on to disappointing results.
Just for reference to my last post, here are the numbers Gray put up the last 4 games for OU:
25 car 211 yds 8.4 2 td
23 106 4.6 2
20 101 5.1 1
20 176 8.8 2

For the season, Gray is carried the ball 165 times for 1113 yds, and 10 TDs, averaging 111.3 rushing yards per game.

I'm not here to defend the guys who left, but Gray has been anything but disappointing this year for Okie.

Auburn is a power program, Ole Miss isn't.

Texas A&M doesn't have the money to buy out Fisher. They are stuck with Fisher for at least 2 more seasons.

Reactions: HeadVol77
By which metric is Auburn a "power program"?

Top 20 all-time CFB program, won a National Title this Century and played for another. Hell, they have been a lot stronger in the modern era than Tennessee and they have an ALL-TIME winning record against Tennessee.

There are 6 power programs in the SEC historically: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, and Tennessee. Out of those 6, Tennessee has been the weakest link and arguably the one that people say shouldn't be a power program (I still think we are).

Auburn can and has played for National Titles. Ole Miss hasn't. Auburn is a MAJOR step up from Ole Miss and there is precedence, Tommy Tubberville left Ole Miss for Auburn.

I saw an article that NIL was killing the competitive nature in kids. Instead of fighting for their NFL career, they’re marketing for NIL and it’s destroying teams.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out down the road
It's all in how the coaching staff handles the new reality. Tennessee doesn't seem to have any problem with NIL affecting team chemistry.

Top 20 all-time CFB program, won a National Title this Century and played for another. Hell, they have been a lot stronger in the modern era than Tennessee and they have an ALL-TIME winning record against Tennessee.

There are 6 power programs in the SEC historically: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, and Tennessee. Out of those 6, Tennessee has been the weakest link and arguably the one that people say shouldn't be a power program (I still think we are).

Auburn can and has played for National Titles. Ole Miss hasn't. Auburn is a MAJOR step up from Ole Miss and there is precedence, Tommy Tubberville left Ole Miss for Auburn.
And they did all that being the cross state rivals to the number 1 team in the nation.

A&M may not have a choice but to fire Jimbo. If he is retained, unless he retools his staff and takes a massive step back si they can do their jobs (OC), it won't get any better next year. I think the locker room is bordering on revolt. Muhammad didn't play the other night for refusing to take the sleeves off he was wearing....... WTF?

I realize you can't let the inmates run the asylum but how does it get to the point where star players are benched over an article of clothing?

It has definitely come unglued and the 12th man has left the building...

A&M may not have a choice but to fire Jimbo. If he is retained, unless he retools his staff and takes a massive step back si they can do their jobs (OC), it won't get any better next year. I think the locker room is bordering on revolt. Muhammad didn't play the other night for refusing to take the sleeves off he was wearing....... WTF?

I realize you can't let the inmates run the asylum but how does it get to the point where star players are benched over an article of clothing?

It has definitely come unglued and the 12th man has left the building...
Apparently that player has played before with sleeves. So it seems like there is more to that story.

Apparently that player has played before with sleeves. So it seems like there is more to that story.
Not knowing any details, on the surface, it seems ridiculous to me and it smells like the house is on fire.....

VN Store

Back