‘23 FL OT Francis Mauigoa (Miami commit)

The way things are trending with another player................Mauigoa ain't coming to Knoxville,,,,,,,,,,,,

EDIT: Not that he was anyway....

Last edited:
Florida gonna finish top 5 if AP is right. We’re outside the top 10 barring a miracle get of M’Pemba

This just baffles the hell out of me. They are terrible, first year coach and they got a really late start on their NIL. All the excuses for our class not being higher kinda go out the window with what Florida is doing.

Or maybe we don’t want players on our team that only cares about the money and has zero buy in to where he goes as long as he gets paid. I’m sure it’s not that simple but there is more to getting the right players in your program than just bankrolling it. I would say TAM is the poster child for this.

Something is wrong with our recruiting. Francis won’t talk to us, but Florida? Florida?! ,ale it make sense
mercenary.

we're not going to go after them. i'm ok with that. Florida will more likely wind up closer to what aTm is right now than Bama and UGA.

Why is anyone surprised Florida is pulling? It's Florida. They are a big brand with money in a recruiting hot bed to the point that with even a halfway decent recruiter, they can open the door and sign a Top 10 class and Napier is known as a good recruiter.
For our part, a lot of this class was mostly in their boats before we blew up but I firmly believe that we will see the payoff starting in 2024 and I think to some degree, we already are.
yup.

mercenary.

we're not going to go after them. i'm ok with that. Florida will more likely wind up closer to what aTm is right now than Bama and UGA.
If we land them all, Hobbs, Davis, Ramil, Keith, and Carter I love our close. But I’m greedy and want M’Pemba too

If we land them all, Hobbs, Davis, Ramil, Keith, and Carter I love our close. But I’m greedy and want M’Pemba too
oh, i am too and if we have a legit shot at SM.....yeah, get it done. that'd be HUGE. bigger than flipping Francis imo. that would come out of nowhere, he's been pegged for UGA for so long....i've barely paid attention lol

Tired of hearing how Spyre is the top NIL organization if we're not going to actually use the money.

As far as I can see multiple programs have significantly better NIL's than we do.
florida may close with McClain, Francis, Simmons, rashada, and Jordan hall among others

Tired of hearing how Spyre is the top NIL organization if we're not going to actually use the money.

As far as I can see multiple programs have significantly better NIL's than we do.
are they though? dummies w/money willing spend whatever on whoever w/out discretion doesn't equate to better. there has to be some prudence involved in how the money is spent.....i firmly believe that we don't want the kids that are only going to go to the highest bidder. good for the kids that can make that decision.

i'm not sure that's good for the programs they're going to wind up at.

are they though? dummies w/money willing spend whatever on whoever w/out discretion doesn't equate to better. there has to be some prudence involved in how the money is spent.....i firmly believe that we don't want the kids that are only going to go to the highest bidder. good for the kids that can make that decision.

i'm not sure that's good for the programs they're going to wind up at.

We gave Nico $8m lol and it's quite clear Nico is a good kid.

Reactions: berryvol
We gave Nico $8m lol and it's quite clear Nico is a good kid.
it is. do you think we'd of done that just for the sake of doing it?

he fits here, culturally he's a value add, talent he's a value add, leadership he's a value add. he's the #1 or #2 player in the country.

worth it, imo. it's for all those reasons he was 'the' must get prospect for this class....which i think is different than what we're seeing with UF, Miami and aTm.

put another way, anyone concerned about Nico flipping like rashada, or francis or the 5* DB? I'm not.

Reactions: orangejuice
I understand Heupel will never quite need as much elite talent considering his scheme but I fear it's going to be what never gets us over the hump with UGA. Still remains to be seen.
after the last 15 years, if we become a top 4 program in the SEC, top 5-6 once OU and TX get here, then we're going to be contending more often than not, and will have our chances.

also, going to a 12 team playoff, really helps the margin for error.

and in one game situations, this offense is hard to deal with.

i actually think as long as we can stay in the top 1/4 or 1/3 of the conf, we're gonna be fine long term. we may even win a few conf titles, should be a play off contender, especially under the 12 team format, somewhat regularly, and if you get in, you have a chance.

we have a chance still this year.

i keep thinking back to all the hopeful posts everytime we got some good news about a recruit; all the "it's happening" gifs etc.....all the "why does it take us 5 years but everyone else 2?"

well, all i'll say is......there's no need for the hand wringing. it's happening is now "it's happened". we aren't 5 years in, we're 2 years in.

this is what we've wanted for all these years.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
it is. do you think we'd of done that just for the sake of doing it?

he fits here, culturally he's a value add, talent he's a value add, leadership he's a value add. he's the #1 or #2 player in the country.

worth it, imo. it's for all those reasons he was 'the' must get prospect for this class....which i think is different than what we're seeing with UF, Miami and aTm.

put another way, anyone concerned about Nico flipping like rashada, or francis or the 5* DB? I'm not.

No because we're 8-1 with the best offense in the country. If we sucked like Miami then yea, Nico would be flipping.

Everything I've read about Francis is that he's a similar build. The fact that he's still committed to a 4-5 team with multiple programs knocking on his door is pretty indicative of his character. He might flip, but ultimately it's because Miami sucks.

Miami needed to be better for us long term. Them being bad will just make Florida stronger.
Too bad they made the wrong head coaching hire. Powers that be there should've brought Lane Kiffin to Coral Gables. Cristobal is an elite recruiter but mediocre at best as a head coach. Oregon came out better in the long run with Lanning.

Too bad they made the wrong head coaching hire. Powers that be there should've brought Lane Kiffin to Coral Gables. Cristobal is an elite recruiter but mediocre at best as a head coach. Oregon came out better in the long run with Lanning.

Still too early to say that, imo.

We'll see how they look without Nix and Kenny Dillingham. I know the same sentiment could be made about us, but Heup has a track record and controls the offense. Lanning is a defensive guy and they're statistically in the same realm as us, if not worse when looking at their #71 scoring defense compared to our #36.

VN Store

Back