Why is everyone bashing Tennessee?

HoopCreekVol

You would think we put ourselves in the #1 position last week. We were given the vote. Now that we lost one game, we are being made the butt of jokes. Bama loses, and you have tears and handkerchiefs coming out. Mourning of the fallen leader and a dirge is sung.

Clemson loses to a team that is coming back but is still shaky. We lose to the best team in the country and 2021 champion, and you would think we did not belong on the same field with them. We did score and could have made some strides to either tie and win or give them a much better game.

I will continue to wear my gear in GA. No shame in losing in a game we were not really prepared to take on. Onward! Forward! Next game up.

Before Georgia- everyone saying Tennessee will still be in a great spot even with a loss!
After Georgia- Tennessee going to be on the outside looking in!
These talking heads are no smarter than any of us. Some of the stuff they spew is clearly to get all of us to do what we are doing. ( give them attention)

Last edited:
14-point road loss to the #1 team in the country but the fact remains that we are on track to having the best 1-loss resume of any non-conference-champion in the history of the College Football Playoff.

That isn't good enough for some people.

It's so true. I think a lot of the haters were real quiet while we were hot and as soon as they get their shot they come out in droves claiming we got exposed. Completely ignoring the fact that we were on the road against the defending Champs. If anything was exposed it's that Georgia is in the driver's seat to go back to back unfortunately. But haters gonna hate.

Take a deep breath folks. None of it matters until after December 4. There are a lot of late season, conference football games left to be played…which means that there will be unexpected losses. Late season conference games—especially those on the road—are not given wins by any means.

Let’s just make sure we aren’t one of the unexpected losses and let the chips fall as they may. I believe that we will be in the mix if we win out.

Everyone loves to see something built up then watch it fail at some point so they can be like "see, I told you." It's just human nature for some weird reason.

The media is just trying to drum up clicks and views. Tennessee does that. Any time a number 1 team loses, it's big news.

Cooler heads will prevail in the end. Oregon lost to Georgia by 46 where we lost by 14. In Athens.

We beat LSU by 27 in Baton Rouge. I don't think the "It was 11 am local time and we weren't drunk enough for this game" excuse is going to fly.

TCU has been walking a tight rope of 1 and two score wins, and they are just now hitting the toughest part of their schedule.

Michigan has an awful strength of schedule and they have to play the Buckeyes in Columbus. Even if they win, there's not going to an outstanding win for Ohio St to hang it's hat on either. We have two wins that are better than any on their resume and a better SOS.

We'll be OK. Win out and we're in.

My advice, whether wanted or not. Vols fans cease whining, focus on supporting our team to beat the snot out of everyone else on schedule.
If you have enough GO VOLS! in you, you have no time for whining about how folks treat the UT teams.

Because Georgia ate our lunch Saturday! They were ready for this game, their fans were super loud (causing many false start penalties), and we were taken out of our rhythm. We played offense like we were feeling the pressure to perform like we always do, then didn't, and that pressure stayed with us most of the game. Will we see GA again this year? Maybe, but we need a little help from other teams for that to happen. But get them on a neutral field, learning from our mistakes, coming in with our heads screwed on right, and it might just be a better outcome the second time around.

Last edited:
It's the way we lost...So many mistakes.
Many people felt we were invincible, well, that myth got destroyed...

Maybe next time...
"Many people felt we were invincible." Who were these people, and why did they feel that way?

We needed OT to beat Pittsburgh, and we had a meltdown in the last 7 minutes of the Florida game, which nearly burned us. This team has flaws which had been exposed prior to Saturday.

If we finish up strong with an 11-1 record, a #4 seed in the CFP is possible, with an invite to the Sugar Bowl being the worst case scenario. That's not bad, considering that we were 7-6 last year.

Georgia could have beat us 52 - 13
Point is they can turn it on at any moment.
What? Whatever, they won 27-13 that day. Your gonna do the woulda coulda. Well we woulda coulda connected on a few passes and made it a game. Please just stop with your woulda coulda. They won it’s over. If we take care of business we may get another shot. Every Saturday is a new day. GBO!

What? Whatever, they won 27-13 that day. Your gonna do the woulda coulda. Well we woulda coulda connected on a few passes and made it a game. Please just stop with your woulda coulda. They won it’s over. If we take care of business we may get another shot. Every Saturday is a new day. GBO!
Hope you're right! I guess they just come across so scary lol

Everyone was clowning UGA until they actually won a NCG. SEC Shorts had a whole schtick about Georgia and "Hope". Nobody called them dominant.

They beat Auburn in the SECCG in 2017 but lost to Bama in the NCG.

They lost to Bama in the SECCG in 2018.

They lost to LSU in the SECCG in 2019.

They didn't even win the SEC-E in 2020.

They lost to Bama by 17 in the SECCG in 2021.

Tennessee will get clowned until we actually do it. When we beat Florida we'd hear about we won't beat LSU. When we beat LSU it's because neither Florida or LSU were good and we wouldn't beat Bama. When we beat Bama it was a fluke and we wouldn't beat Kentucky. It's been like this all season. Finally people took us seriously and we mentally laid a goosegg on the road against Georgia.

Back to the clowning. Also, Tennessee's fanbase is passionate but also extremely easy to troll and Coastal types love to rile up ignorant rednecks. How we've behaved in the national spotlight (throwing mustard, baseball team) might endear our own fans to our team but it just confirms and emboldens most coastal types that we're just dumb hillbillies. It will be like this until we actually win a SECCG or NCG.

TCU - 3 potential Losses - Baylor, Texas, & Conference Championship
Michigan - 2 Potential Losses - Ohio State, Illinois, and Conference Championship
Ohio State - 2 Potential Losses - Michigan & Conference Championship
Oregon - 2 Potential Losses - Utah & Conference Championship
USC - 2 Potential Losses - UCLA, Notre Dame, & Conference Championship
Clemson- 1 Potential Loss - Conference Championship

LSU is a sleeper and don't see them getting in.
Ole Miss has to win out, hope LSU drops another and the beat GA.

You would think we put ourselves in the #1 position last week. We were given the vote. Now that we lost one game, we are being made the butt of jokes. Bama loses, and you have tears and handkerchiefs coming out. Mourning of the fallen leader and a dirge is sung.

Clemson loses to a team that is coming back but is still shaky. We lose to the best team in the country and 2021 champion, and you would think we did not belong on the same field with them. We did score and could have made some strides to either tie and win or give them a much better game.

I will continue to wear my gear in GA. No shame in losing in a game we were not really prepared to take on. Onward! Forward! Next game up.
What did you expect? Vol fans escalated immediately to putting 50 on UGA. I’m still amazed that everyone just takes it for granted that we’ll win out.

Reactions: cgrish

VN Store

Back