CFP Scenarios (merged)

Well yea we all know this.

However their not going to put in the loser and leave out the winner……it won’t happen unless they had 3 losses or maybe 2 late season losses or something.

LSU was already 10…….what do you think they will be next week?

What do you think they would be at the end “if” they beat the number 1 team? At least 4th.

I think LSU may be 7, but it depends upon how the committee views the Oregon win and what USC does. LSU now has 2 wins over ranked opponents (Bama and Ole Miss). LSU should not be above Tennessee nor any team that is undefeated. The question is whether this win will put them above the other 1 loss teams - Oregon, USC and Clemson. Keep in mind LSU lost to Florida State who lost to Clemson.

Reactions: JoAllan
Please show me where I said LSU would be in over another team? I’m just stating a fact. LSU at 11-2 with a 7 game win streak and 3 top 10 wins would get a playoff spot.

You’re aware the playoff consists of 3 other spots right?
I’m asking if you think they would be seeded higher than us?

Would be tough.

UGA is in regardless of Atlanta.
LSU would be in for winning the SEC
Ohio State/Michigan winner
11-1 Tennessee or 13-0 TCU now that Clemson and Oregon are likely 1 loss conference champ

LSU winning the SEC would be doomsday for the Committee. Can’t put in LsU without Tennessee but you can’t leave out the SEC champ. I think there would be easy justification for 3 SEC teams but would they do it? If we fall to 4/5 on Tuesday, how do you drop us if we finish 11-1 with Michigan and OSU playing each other final week which means a team in front of us takes a loss.

Committee would be in a no win scenario because easy to justify 3 SEC teams but would they do it if you have
Who did i put them in over?
Well you said yourself UGA is in regardless of Atlanta, I agree with that. Ohio State/Michigan is in. And 13-0 TCU is 100% in. An undefeated power 5 team is not getting left out, unless there are more than 4 undefeated teams out there.
So for your top 4 to work, LSU has to get in over us

It would be a hot mess but you’re being arrogant with the “for sure” comment. There’s nothing sure about it. We beat them badly on their home field and they would have one more loss than us. You can’t just ignore the loss to FSU, which is exactly what you are doing. If I’m a committee member in that scenario I’m putting UGA and Tennessee in the playoffs because my job isn’t to reward conference champions, it’s to pick the best 4 teams.

I’m not trying to be arrogant at all. I’m also sorry if I come across like that; however I am sure.

If it were a different conference it may be slightly different. However winning the SEC is huge. Beating the obvious number 1 team in the last game would also be huge. And I also think (I don’t know this part) they will be fairly close before that game…….maybe around 6th .

But by Michigan or Ohio ST not playing and possibly Tennessee they would gain by beating the number 1 team and two of those not even playing.

I think Tennessee would still be right there but I highly doubt they would put 3 SEC teams in……..even if TCU lost (maybe I don’t know).

However that’s a long way off and I don’t think any of us see this actually happening anyway.

As long as Georgia wins…….Tennessee is most likely in regardless.

Well yea we all know this.

However their not going to put in the loser and leave out the winner……it won’t happen unless they had 3 losses or maybe 2 late season losses or something.

LSU was already 10…….what do you think they will be next week?

What do you think they would be at the end “if” they beat the number 1 team? At least 4th.
I think LSU and Bama will swap places. I don’t think they’ll rank LSU ahead of UT due to the head to head result. I believe UT will be somewhere around 5.
If UT wins out and GA wins SECCG, I think UT is in. If GA does not win the SECCG, they won’t be in. You gotta figure OSU and Michigan will play later and that should clear some stuff up. TCU might get in, but I don’t know who they’d have to beat in their championship game and how badly in order to secure a spot.

I’m asking if you think they would be seeded higher than us?

I think if LSU wins the SEC, that means being top 6 team going into Atlanta vs #1 team. I think them winning would put them into the 3/4 seed while UGA drops to 3/4. The question is who are the 4th and 5th ranked teams that same weekend? LSU winning and finishing 11-2 and UGA 12-1 would scare the sh!t out of me. Because if we are 4/5 Tuesday and win out, you can’t drop us down and penalize us for winning out. I like this committee based on how they ranked Clemson and TcU. Wins and style points matter. The easiest path for Tennessee is UGA going 13-0. They win the SEC and we are a lock for the playoff regardless of any other team

Reactions: BP4Prez
Agree. We need Georgia to win in Atlanta, as a 2-loss SEC champ LSU likely gets in, fair or not.

No doubt we wouldn’t see it as fair.

Heck Tennessee went to their house and stomped a mud hole in them……..but it
Would happen.

However I don’t see them beating Georgia.

Reactions: sami
Name a time the SEC champ didn’t make the playoff with atleast 11 wins?
There’s not been an SEC champ with 2 losses in the playoff era. If LSU dropped 1 more, but still beat UGA you would surely agree 10-3 SEC champion LSU is not getting in. With 2 losses who knows. If they win out, we’ll see how much the committee punishes them for the extra loss + losing H2H to us at home

No doubt we wouldn’t see it as fair.

Heck Tennessee went to their house and stomped a mud hole in them……..but it
Would happen.

However I don’t see them beating Georgia.

Agree. Georgia not running the table at this point would be a shocker.

Reactions: JoAllan
Well you said yourself UGA is in regardless of Atlanta, I agree with that. Ohio State/Michigan is in. And 13-0 TCU is 100% in. An undefeated power 5 team is not getting left out, unless there are more than 4 undefeated teams out there.
So for your top 4 to work, LSU has to get in over us

TCU isn’t making the playoff regardless of their record. Take that as you may but you assumed i put LSU in over Tennessee. You made ass of yourself instead of asking and got your panties in a wad with “how you gonna put them in over a team who beat them 27 points”…..

Not sure how much I gotta say it but CFP made it crystal clear they don’t value TCU’s resumè….. turns out beating the powerhouses of West Virginia and Texas tech by 10 points isn’t a big resumè builder you all think they are to shoot TCU up the rankings.

It will be (ohio state vs Michigan) and ( clemson vs notre dame) that decides the season. The rest is out of your hands.

There’s not been an SEC champ with 2 losses in the playoff era. If LSU dropped 1 more, but still beat UGA you would surely agree 10-3 SEC champion LSU is not getting in. With 2 losses who knows. If they win out, we’ll see how much the committee punishes them for the extra loss + losing H2H to us at home

You’re making their playoff scenarios a head to head with Tennessee. For some reason you think it’s LsU or Tennessee for the playoff. This is a dumb position to have. LSU and Tennessee are two teams and the playoff has 4 spots. Not sure the mental confusion or why people are making it out as LsU or Tennessee can go to playoff but not both.

So you can’t answer the question? Thanks for proving me right.
And you can’t answer his. A lot would have to happen for LSU to make it, including us dropping another game. Because the SEC certainly isn’t getting three teams in and UGA is likely in even if they lose in Altanta.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
I think LSU and Bama will swap places. I don’t think they’ll rank LSU ahead of UT due to the head to head result. I believe UT will be somewhere around 5.
If UT wins out and GA wins SECCG, I think UT is in. If GA does not win the SECCG, they won’t be in. You gotta figure OSU and Michigan will play later and that should clear some stuff up. TCU might get in, but I don’t know who they’d have to beat in their championship game and how badly in order to secure a spot.

Yea no doubt LSU is not ahead of Tennessee.

And no doubt as long as Georgia wins Tennessee is in the playoff.

However I differ if Georgia loses the championship game they will still be in probably as the #2 team.

My only concern is “if” they put LSU in they wouldn’t put 3 SEC teams in.

This might end up tying the committee in knots so bad, they'll just go ahead and expand the playoff to 8 teams. I kid, of course, but this could be mass chaos.

You’re making their playoff scenarios a head to head with Tennessee. For some reason you think it’s LsU or Tennessee for the playoff. This is a dumb position to have. LSU and Tennessee are two teams and the playoff has 4 spots. Not sure the mental confusion or why people are making it out as LsU or Tennessee can go to playoff but not both.
I get your point. I really do. I just see no way they put 3 SEC teams in. So in that scenario it would come down to TN vs LSU.

Reactions: VFL21

VN Store

Back