Transfer portal discussion

Banks, Hooker, Young, Beasley?, Bumphus, Brooks, Burrell?, Carvin, Crawford, Fant, Flowers, Garland, Harrison, Herring (no longer with the team), Keyton, Labruzza, Lane, McCullough,McGrath, Mitchell?, Page, Tillman, Warren, Wright, Hyatt might well go pro next year too. I am sure that some of these can stay another year and we may have some under classmen who enter the transfer portal. So we may well be in a numbers crunch. I think there was another kid who got kicked off the team but I am not sure.

Is there another Herring I don't know about?

say-what-lionel-ritchie.gif

Based on my quick scroll through the roster here is what I see. These are the RS Srs listed on the roster. Some are guys that obviously don't play, I can't say whether which ones are or are not on scholarship.

No more eligibility:
Frerking (WR)
Hooker (QB)
Bumphus (DL)
Labruzza (DB)
Humphrey (LB)
Page (LB)
McGrath (K)
Smith (DL)
Fant (TE)

1 More year possible:
Tillman (WR)
R. Edwards (DB)
Milton (QB)
J. Mitchell (LB)
Banks (LB)
Wilson (K)
Lane (OL)
Warren (TE)
Lewis (DL)
Garland (DL)

There are obviously those with eligibility remaining that will look to test the draft process (Wright, Hyatt, etc). I expect a WR or 2 that are buried to test the portal. Currently we have 21 commitments. I don't see anybody past Tillman in the 1 more year that would try the NFL. That would make 10. Add in Wright and Hyatt makes 12. That means 9 more have to leave in order to make room just for the commits. Assuming we sign 25, that means 13. To add any from the portal means we have to add to the purge on top of that.

Of course not. But he implied kids being unhappy on their current teams and having to "work the portal hard". Sound a bit shady..
That and the fact that the portal is not currently open. Now there are only specific times when kids can enter the transfer portal, and we are not currently in one of those times. Kids can announce their intention to enter the portal, but cannot enter it yet. And cannot be contacted by another school until they are officially in the portal, otherwise it is tampering.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Based on my quick scroll through the roster here is what I see. These are the RS Srs listed on the roster. Some are guys that obviously don't play, I can't say whether which ones are or are not on scholarship.

No more eligibility:
Frerking (WR)
Hooker (QB)
Bumphus (DL)
Labruzza (DB)
Humphrey (LB)
Page (LB)
McGrath (K)
Smith (DL)
Fant (TE)

1 More year possible:
Tillman (WR)
R. Edwards (DB)
Milton (QB)
J. Mitchell (LB)
Banks (LB)
Wilson (K)
Lane (OL)
Warren (TE)
Lewis (DL)
Garland (DL)

There are obviously those with eligibility remaining that will look to test the draft process (Wright, Hyatt, etc). I expect a WR or 2 that are buried to test the portal. Currently we have 21 commitments. I don't see anybody past Tillman in the 1 more year that would try the NFL. That would make 10. Add in Wright and Hyatt makes 12. That means 9 more have to leave in order to make room just for the commits. Assuming we sign 25, that means 13. To add any from the portal means we have to add to the purge on top of that.

I'd count Wright as gone. Hyatt is likely to leave as well, but I'd say he's more likely than Wright to come back. I just don't know where all the open spots are going to come from, especially if guys like Harrison, Warren, Banks, Mitchell, etc. play their Covid cards. Keyton will almost certainly play his, since he'll be a starter next year. And I hope we have Harrison, Mitchell, Warren, and Banks play theirs because those guys returning would be better than anyone we'd get in the portal, given that they're already integrated into the system/culture.

Omari Thomas is also a definite possibility to leave early.

I'd count Wright as gone. Hyatt is likely to leave as well, but I'd say he's more likely than Wright to come back. I just don't know where all the open spots are going to come from, especially if guys like Harrison, Warren, Banks, Mitchell, etc. play their Covid cards. Keyton will almost certainly play his, since he'll be a starter next year. And I hope we have Harrison, Mitchell, Warren, and Banks play theirs because those guys returning would be better than anyone we'd get in the portal, given that they're already integrated into the system/culture.

I don’t see why guys with a Covid year wouldn’t come back! They could all just look at Hooker. He returned for a Covid year and he’s a heisman candidate. Come back and have one of the better defenses we’ve had in a long time! I definitely see banks coming back IMO.

I don’t see why guys with a Covid year wouldn’t come back! They could all just look at Hooker. He returned for a Covid year and he’s a heisman candidate. Come back and have one of the better defenses we’ve had in a long time! I definitely see banks coming back IMO.

I think Banks will get a draft grade and decide from there. He's probably more likely to be drafted high than Mitchell (who I wouldn't expect to be drafted at all), so I would expect Mitchell to be back and put Banks higher than 50%.

Reactions: irish1485

I think both are gone. I can't see why Hyatt would stay. His stock will never be higher after this year. With Hooker leaving and any shred of uncertainty at the QB position would make me want to strike while the iron is hot. I absolutely hate it, because it would be incredible to have him back. I just hope one of the Jimmy's sees his ascension this year and puts in that level of work in the offseason. Squirrel with another year developing will help. Keyton and Bru on the outside has been proven to be more than adequate. We just need somebody inside to take that huge step Hyatt worked his tail off to make.

Wright is definitely gone. His stock is skyrocketing.

Heup: Hey, come here and become a Heisman candidate or first round draft pick. We will develop you into your 4-5 star high school potential. Better yet…you’re one of the top players in JUCO that needs a chance for development. Come to our brand of player development, the Vols. Also, should you produce we have an amazing NIL package.

Portal transfer: Where do I sign?

My only questions for next year on offense is what will our offensive line look like? and how many could we have returning?

My only questions for next year on offense is what will our offensive line look like? and how many could we have returning?
LT - Mincey, C - Mays, RG - Spraggins

I wouldn't be surprised to see us go hard after a transfer RT. I don't think we would go after two OL transfers (we may) so I'll say
LT - Mincey, LG - Lampley, C - Mays, RG - Spraggins, RT - Transfer

With Tillman being injured for as long as he has been do you think it has affected his draft stock?If so that could be a deciding factor in whether some people come back or not.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Florida just dismissed their DE Cox, not sure if we’d make a run at him in the transfer portal. He started at Georgia then went to Florida, guess he could finish with us
Yeah...that bodes well for team chemistry. What could possibly go wrong?

VN Store

Back