Putting a face with a screen name

Oh jeez. I know everyone in the world loves an adorable sloth but they creep me out to no end, all because of this one disturbing dream I had one time.

Some mysterious government entity was trying to pass these three big sloths off as people in a press conference for some nefarious reason, and I clearly was the only one catching on.

They had shaved the fur off their faces and necks into typical male facial hair patterns (trim mustaches and beards) and dressed them in ill-fitting rumpled suits. They just stood there looking around silently and their movements were subtly non-human. I was like, Those are not people! but no one else seemed to be catching on.

I don't remember what else happened but those sloths in their people get-ups and shaved faces were so disturbing that I still get creeped out by them to this day. Which of course makes my kids enjoy buying birthday cards for me with sloths on them and other similar shenanigans.

But Merry Christmas to you and your cute-to-everyone-else sloth!

Last edited:
Oh jeez. I know everyone in the world loves an adorable sloth but they creep me out to no end, all because of this one disturbing dream I had one time.

Some mysterious government entity was trying to pass these three big sloths off as people in a press conference for some nefarious reason, and I clearly was the only one catching on.

They had shaved the fur off their faces and necks into typical male facial hair patterns (trim mustaches and beards) and dressed them in ill-fitting rumpled suits. They just stood there looking around silently and their movements were subtly non-human. I was like, Those are not people! but no one else seemed to be catching on.

I don't remember what else happened but those sloths in their people get-ups and shaved faces were so disturbing that I still get creeped out by them to this day. Which of course makes my kids enjoy buying birthday cards for me with sloths on them and other similar shenanigans.

LOL....that would creep me out too....it sounds like one of my dreams, always one of those "Wrong Turn" ones....:confused:. And Hey.....Merry Christmas to you and yours....

during a tour of costa rica, driver forced to stop for a sloth on mountain road to rain forest preserve,
bus lost air conditionong while waiting for the sloth to move off narrow road
finally got to preserve to free butterflies and look at magical toads, some very shy amphibians that you could barely see in the dark artificial habitat, and we returned to cruise ship minutes before scheduled departure

merry christmas @Vjcvette

during a tour of costa rica, driver forced to stop for a sloth on mountain road to rain forest preserve,
finally got to preserve to free butterflies and look at magical toads, some very shy amphibians that you could barely see in the dark artificial habitat, and we returned to cruise ship minutes before scheduled departure

Hey Merry Christmas to you and yours :)

Reactions: ArdentVol

Very cool. But next time you tell it, replace "cruise ship" with something like "extraction point" and it'll then be very cool and damned intriguing.

Even more so if the sloth is wearing an ill-fitting suit.

Throw back.....2006
IMG_3180.jpg

VN Store

Back