Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because we need to move on from all the cancel culture discussion:

acid_picdump_45.jpg
Me and the wife on our way to church Sunday morning. What’s the big deal?

Coach Rodney Garner on Vol Calls –

“This program, I don’t keep any secret about it. This program is very special to me. When I came to UT, when coach Fulmer gave me the opportunity to come here in ’96, Kim and I got married when we got here. Bri was born here. We had some really good times here. Even though we were here for a short period of time it was a place that was very dear to us. Bri was born at Fort Sanders. She had a congenital heart defect. They flew her via life support over to Vandy. We were there for two weeks. It was just the Tennessee family, how they supported us and embraced us. It just made this place so special. Even though I didn’t play here this place is very dear to me and that’s one thing I try to share with my guys every day, that this place is special and we’re blessed to be here. I came back, when coach Heup talked to me, he was talking about the possibility of hiring me, I told him I just wanted to be a part, play whatever small role I could in just trying to get UT back to the elite status where it belongs.”
Glad he’s back.

He’s not (and never has been) a mercenary. He finds a home and stays when all things are equal. He left UT the first time because he wanted to coach DL. Left UGA for his alma mater when they started second guessing his coaching chops and left Auburn…because Harsin is an idiot. We have him for as long as he wants to call it a career.

This right here ^^^

It’s actually lacking a lot of context - the line has moved 4.5 points, which is substantial. This shouldn’t be interpreted to mean that Vegas is heavily overweight on Tennessee at +8. That 94% includes +12.5, +12, +11.5, etc.
The early line was +12.5. The lines closed and when they reopened, they were @ +8.5

Rewatching the UK game. I’m right at the end of the 1st half and it just struck me how dumb UKs time management was.

They are inside their own 20. UT had all 3 timeouts, so does UK. Now, UK is not even close to a team that is going to drive 80+ yards down the field in the 1:11 seconds that are left in the half, but what do they do?

They throw on 1st down, incomplete. Clock stops.
They throw on 2nd down, towards the boundary, Barion Brown goes out of bounds after like 2 yards maybe. Clock stops.
They then throw a quick screen that gets a few yards. UT calls time out. Clock stops.

UK only took 33 seconds off the clock and gave the ball back. We force a bad punt and we are essentially in field goal range on 1st play but end up scoring a TD.

It’s like UK either hadn’t watched a game on us all year and saw just how quickly we can score and that we are super aggressive to get points before half… or, they were so worried about getting behind even further due to the pressure our offense puts on teams to keep up that they got too aggressive. Sound familiar? Just ask Brian Kelly.

Last edited:
Hey, that's us

He should be loose. All of the pressure is on Georgia. This team has been playing with house money since before the Bama game. Georgia on the other hand puts itself in danger of being left out of the CFP with a loss. They are very tight right now and will get tighter closer to game time. UT should be having the time of our lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back