Vols #1 [Vols officially #1 in CFB Playoff ranking]

I bit surprised... but not disrespected.

Doesn't really matter since we play each other Saturday, I kind of like the motivation it gives the team to knock off the #1 team!

Lesgo!

You guys are still favored, so who should be disrespected here? Both teams were already motivated enough without the rankings.

Don’t overlook LSU being #10. We destroyed them in Death Valley. We’ve beaten two top 10 teams this year… so far.

I'm personally rooting for Bama to beat them to set up winner take West Ole Miss vs Bama. Getting wins over Bama, UGA, Florida (for mental reasons), LSU, and Ole Miss is one season would be wild.

Kirby Smart is happy man, extra fuel for the fire!

The Dawg House is gonna be rockin' Saturday!
We hope it is. Considering where we have been the last 20 years, we are happy to be causing such a commotion. Would not have thought it would be this quick. We might lose but you’re going to know we’re there. Better strap it on tight cause Hooker and Company are coming. Pretty simple really. If GA can stop them, they’ll be the first this year and will deserve to win if they can. Should be fun!

All the motivation you need is that UGA -8.5.
But that 1 beside our Vols looks so damn good!
View attachment 509255
They should’ve just ranked Tennessee 1a and Georgia 1b because obviously the winner is going to be #1 next week, especially given that THE Ohio State University is playing 1-7 powerhouse Northwestern!😂

Ah, pretty sure we proved it on the field and won the natty.
Nope your logic dictates that that natty performance caused you to be awarded the 1 spot this season and now you lost it due to weak schedule and poor performance against subpar teams… i agree with your assessment

Is he really happy? Georgia's record against Bama is 1-7. It's not much better against teams that beat Bama....1 win. He knows teams that beat Bama can beat ANYONE! I believe he's worried, maybe a bit of anxiety like Saban had before playing us.

HUUUUUGGGGEEEE game, nervous energy on both sides.

Under Kirby, Dawgs are 4-0 when College Gameday is in Athens!

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

He’s already the reigning National Champion. If he needs extra fuel at this stage, not sure that’s a good sign.

At any rate, it will be a heck of a game, win or lose for either of us. Been a long time since it mattered like this.

Reactions: HeadVol77
You might after your first 3 and out.

The committee rewarded you for all your victories over ranked opponents, now's your chance to prove your ranking...

What an epic set-up.

I believe it's Georgia chance to prove something....

and you may want to check out the stats of Vols 3rd down conversion defense since ours is against better competition. Remember those when the Dawgs go 3 and out

NCAA College Football FBS current team Stats | NCAA.com

Why are you on a rival’s message board? I’ve never understood why a fan of a rival team visits message board.

As far as the game, it will be a huge challenge for TN but we are ahead of schedule. The future is bright and a one loss TN team can still make the final four playoff in Jan.

Crazy how Tony Vitello kicked off 2022 for UT Athletics in general. Hopefully he and Hype are around a long time because they obviously feed off each other's programs.

And don’t look now, but Hoops are quietly making some rumblings in coaching circles as being waaaayyyyy better than advertised.

Different team. But were you really the best team in the country last year? Everyone saw what happened when Bama was healthy.

They played two games on a neutral site and went 1-1 with Alabama outscoring them overall. That said, I was glad they won the second match, as I never want Alabama to win anything.

Different team. But were you really the best team in the country last year? Everyone saw what happened when Bama was healthy.

Wow, our #1 receiver (Pickens) was injured almost the entire season. Bama fans are spoiled brats and I'm glad you beat them!

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

VN Store

Back