Vols #1 [Vols officially #1 in CFB Playoff ranking]

This is great however I’m not overreacting because Tennessee has to defeat Georgia this Saturday.
Otherwise, it’s going to be challenging for the Volunteers to make the College Football Playoffs since most likely they won’t be playing in the SEC Championship game if they lost to a great Georgia team.

It feels great to be in November and not scratching and clawing to make a low-tier bowl game. How long has it been since we've not had to worry about that? Even during Butch's one or two decent years I recall being a little on edge in November. And here we are talking playoffs!

View attachment 509645

Tennessee has to show they are a better team than Georgia by defeating the defending National Champions in Georgia this Saturday.
I've been saying this to everyone this week - to be the man, gotta beat the man.
Until we do I don't consider us as the No 1 team in the country...I have a strong feeling that Coach is taking the same approach with the men too.

Reactions: firestorm
I've been saying this to everyone this week - to be the man, gotta beat the man.
Until we do I don't consider us as the No 1 team in the country...I have a strong feeling that Coach is taking the same approach with the men too.

I’m optimistic the Tennessee Volunteers don’t disappoint me this Saturday because they have a realistic chance to defeat the Georgia Bulldogs in Georgia.

We’ll be seeing how great are the 2022 Volunteers because the ranked number 1 Volunteers are playing a great ranked third Bulldogs team in Georgia.

Pat Ryan on Big Orange Hotline was talking like Tennessee doesn't have a chance at all against Georgia:mad:

Pat Ryan doesn't think Tennessee's offense can go against Georgia:rolleyes: He sounds like a Georgia fan on Big Orange Hotline:mad:

Reactions: firestorm
Pat Ryan doesn't think Tennessee's offense can go against Georgia:rolleyes: He sounds like a Georgia fan on Big Orange Hotline:mad:
I wish Tim Priest would have stuck around one more year...can you imagine the end of the Bama game with Tim in the booth !!!

As much as I want to see Keesling replaced, I hope they replace Ryan first.
You would think a guy that played for the Vols would carry more water.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
I wish Tim Priest would have stuck around one more year...can you imagine the end of the Bama game with Tim in the booth !!!

As much as I want to see Keesling replaced, I hope they replace Ryan first.
You would think a guy that played for the Vols would carry more water.
I have a feeling Bob will give up calling football games after this season(Great final season calling Tennessee football). I think Bob will continue calling Tennessee Men's Basketball games. I think Pat Ryan will retire while Jeff Francis may be in the booth with the next guy calling Tennessee football games.

Reactions: IndianaVol
I played and I can think of several reasons
1) The players earned it 2) recruiting 3) NIL money 4) Makes all (maybe not you) Tennessee fans proud 5) were relevant again) 6) if we slip up it gives us a better chance to still make playoffs 7) to see the look on our Coaches face 8) to see the look on a bamers face 9) to see the look on a nega vols face 10) most of all to see the look on our players faces....if you think one minute they want be motivated to play Ga. then I'm doubting you played the game.
You typed all of that without realizing the reason I didn't want number 1

VN Store

Back