Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get this take. UGA is at home but Sanford isn't some crazy stadium. I don't see it causing any major issues.
He felt their defense would be a tough matchup and cause some issues even without Smith. They are one of the only teams with elite DB’s. I’m thinking he’s looking at this like Florida vs Florida State back in 1996. Florida got a taste during season and blew them away in the championship.

Possibly the worst fan base. With the most homer douchebag clown “media”.

UGA is ranked #1 in the country and an 8 point favorite Saturday but they still believe they're underrated. They're really easy to hate.

On the flip side, I suspect they know what's coming Saturday. Crank up Rocky Top!

You expect Ohio State or Michigan wins out, so a BIG 10 undefeated is in.
Oregon only losing to Georgia to open the season will help their case if they win the PAC-12 as a 1 loss they will likely get in.
TCU has played all the best teams in BIG-12 already and unless they slip up should remain undefeated and will have a strong case to get in.
ACC needs an undefeated Clemson, don't think they can get in a 1 loss but still a possibility with UNC/Clemson.

So that leaves the SEC in an odd situation. Obviously an undefeated is in, but if we end up with 3 1-loss teams I highly doubt 2 get in and they'll pick the conference champion.

Now if TCU and Clemson lose then I think you can argue a 2 SEC 1-loss teams are better than a 1-loss ACC/BIG-12 champion.
Oregon isn’t getting in over UT or Georgia with one loss. They were annihilated. They are out.

I already have diabee-tus. That's why I check my blood sugar and take insulin before I eat my candy. But it's MY candy. I'm not giving it away to kids I'm not even related to.
Look everyone. It’s the guy on the block that pulls down all the shades, shuts off all the lights and hides in a corner of darkness, smashing fun size bars by himself on Halloween night.

We’ve all walked by your house… We know what’s going on in there

Last edited:
He keeps getting Josh Allen comps but my question is how many of those guys that were projects have actually panned out. Josh Allen is one of the few that I can think of. Most starting NFL QB's showed out in college. The likelihood of Levis actually becoming a competent NFL QB is as my old Economics teacher used to say "the chances of that happening are slim and none, and boy, none has taken an uncatchable lead"

Josh Allen is also bigger and had far less tread on the tire when he left after his junior season. Of course I think Allen's stock jumped when he attended the combine. But 2018 NFL QB Draft was utter crap too. Josh Allen & Lamar Jackson are the only two that are still starting. Baker, Darnold, Rosen all fizzled out.

I think this NFL QB class has far better talent/potential than that one did so to think Levis could be the 1st or 2nd QB taken will likely end as being a HUGE bust.

Look everyone. It’s the guy on the block that pulls down all the shades, shuts off all the lights and hides in a corner of darkness, smashing fun size bars by himself on Halloween night.

We’ve all walked by your house… We one what’s going on in there
I feel like you're judging me....

If Bama loses one more game (season or SEC championship), Clemson, or TCU loses one game, we are in the playoff even with a loss to Georgia. We would get in over Michigan because of SOS. We should all be rooting for anyone playing against those teams.

TCU knocked out numerous QBs to get their wins. I think Texas or Baylor beats them.

If Bama loses one more game (season or SEC championship), Clemson, or TCU loses one game, we are in the playoff even with a loss to Georgia. We would get in over Michigan because of SOS. We should all be rooting for anyone playing against those teams.

TCU knocked out numerous QBs to get their wins. I think Texas or Baylor beats them.
K-State likely to get another crack at them too.

I've bet their spreads the last couple weeks, I think they get knocked off soon.

Lots of "what-if" but they'll get in over us if we're a 1-loss and didn't play in the championship game AND Georgia is still undefeated. I don't think they get in if Georgia is a 1-loss though.

I don't buy it. They play in a notoriously weak conference. PAC-12 is no different than the ACC.

Lots of "what-if" but they'll get in over us if we're a 1-loss and didn't play in the championship game AND Georgia is still undefeated. I don't think they get in if Georgia is a 1-loss though.
Not a chance in hell. PAC 12 is a terrible conference and that is why they are never taken seriously to make the playoff. They lost by over 40 to Georgia. If we keep it close in a loss, we are in over them. They’re gonna lose to Utah anyways. So no need to worry.

I don't buy it. They play in a notoriously weak conference. PAC-12 is no different than the ACC.

They play in a weak conference, but I still think 12-1 PAC-12 Champions Oregon is getting in over 11-1 Tennessee. That Georgia game was Lanning’s first ever game, and they’ve improved a lot since then.

I mean we’ll see how the committee views Oregon in just a few hours, but ultimately this weekend will decide our fate. TCU and Clemson have an easy second half of the season. I can’t see either of them dropping a game, but I hope they do. This just feels like a year where 2 SEC teams aren’t making it unless we start to get some help these last 4 weeks of the regular season.

I’ve decided to just embrace that Levis is the greatest QB ever to set foot on the gridiron. It’s like he was designed in a lab by a team of the greatest NFL scouts to ever watch the game. A one-of-a-kind specimen of human athleticism.

That makes what we did to him last Saturday all the more impressive.

ACC has had the 2nd most appearances behind the SEC.

Again it's a what-if, but Oregon is currently running through their weak conference and if when the dust settles the only loss they have is to the defending champs who are still undefeated then I think they'll get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back