Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched this 100 times (really helps that it's a short clip)

This is the product of hard work and excellent coaching.

Not a single hesitation. Even the WRs who are spread out knew exactly what to do and where to be set up.

I have no idea how this was communicated in so fast or if they put the play on the call before on the chance they didn't get the first down from 3rd down. But it is so absurdly fast. Especially on a play most coaches would spend some time thinking about play vs punt and which play and then relay that to the players who have to make sure everyone is on the same page.
So impressive. Might be one of my favorite overall plays this year.
Love how confused and frustrated Stoops looked….
Side note, I’m waiting one day we’ll see our QB sacked, the defensive guy that makes the sack will be celebrating/ dancing in the backfield while we’re snapping the ball for the next play

This is a dumb take, I am sorry.

You have to believe the recruiting services somewhat because they continue to get things right with Alabama and Georgia who have pretty much dominated the SEC the last 5 years (or 15 in the case of Alabama).
Or they are mediocre at best and bump the recruits those programs go after. You need to establish cart/horse.

Be careful calling takes "dumb" unless yours is really, really solid.

Long and storied football program, enormous budget, largest stadium capacity in the nation and you can't get it together to have more than one tunnel for the teams to enter and exit? It seems like a foregone conclusion that stuff like this will happen, and it's not even the first time this season (Penn St vs someone, can't remember the video). Is this reprehensible? Yes. Should this be punished? Yes. Is Michigan athletics at least partially at fault for years and years of rolling the dice rather than building a second locker room/tunnel - tacitly allowing the ingredients for this mess to even come together? Absolutely. This is like an unfenced backyard pool. It's just a matter of time and probability until a toddler drowns in it.
That logic only applies in civil lawsuits. So, if the Michigan player decided to sue UM for negligently allowing such a situation to happen, I guess he can attempt to sue his own school. Won't matter one lick in the matter of attempting to press criminal charges.

UT is not losing any coach we want to keep because of $$$. And we have other perks in our bag of tricks. But if someone wants to be somewhere else, we're going to let them go because the all-in culture UT has built requires investment on both sides. They have to want to be at UT and fully committed to what we're building.
As it should be. Same with players solely focused on NIL $.

Last edited:
That has to be one of the cleanest but nastiest hits I've seen a good while.Just waited and baited him on that play a couple times and Bam paid off.Plus the int I mean it wasn't Clowney level heard around the world but it was a solid well laid tackle...Respect is all I guess

We really are gonna beat UGA, aren't we?
PreciousTerribleBug-size_restricted.gif

His take of quoting recruiting services means we don't trust our coaching staff is pretty dumb.
The take of assuming that recruiting services must be good at their job because they agree with Saban and Kerbie is assumptive correlation, and that's being kind. Especially considering the Bama and UGA "bumps" we see every year.

I'd wager that as Heupel's staff becomes more and more blatant in their abilities to spot talent, UT will get the same types of "bumps" and the services will show a similar correlation at UT. From that perspective, wringing hands and complaining about our comparisons to the recruiting rankings does kind of smell a little like distrusting our coaches. At the very least you can definitely say that that argument trusts the rankings more than our staff--whether it's a lack of trust in their abilities to recognize or land the talent.

We are #14 in On3 and #12 on 247.

Yeah we are NOT doing to hot in the overall rankings and probably need to pick it up on recruiting trail.

I think some of the issues is that a class like this would have been great 10-15 years ago but now we have to go against Saban so you need 3-4 5 stars, about 12 4 stars, and some very good 3 stars.
I disagree 100%…. We are following clemson’s playbook and I’m loving….. as long as our guys are good at identifying players and developing them like they have shown so far….. we are golden! Take John slaughter for instance…. He is our staffs most sought after DB(#1 on our board) our staff knows what it is looking for….If they go back and re rank the class that we have committed right now… I bet it will end up top 5-10…. Soon…. Probably next year… our rankings that everyone will wants will match our coaches evaluations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back