Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't had the best career but it hasn't been bad. If State doesn't want this to happen they should be paying their AD's more.

Cohen "lost" Mullen and Vic Schaefer (WBB - made them 2x NCAA runner's up). Then he hired Joe Moorhead who lasted 1 season before he fired him and hired Mike Leach. But... both of those hires were considered very good hires at the time.

Women's basketball he hired Nikki McCray-Penson (Lady Vol and Women's BB Hall of Famer) who was Dawn Staley's #1 assistant at SoCar. She resigned like midway through her first season for "health reasons" and they had an interim for the rest of the season and next season. That hire was a homerun, until it wasn't. Now they have Sam Purcell who's been an assistant at Louisville and Auburn.
In Baseball Cohen replaced himself with Andy Cannizaro from LSU. 3 games into his second season he resigned because he was having an affair with a football staff assistant. Then Cohen hired current coach Chris Lemonis - the good is Lemonis brought a national title. The bad is he went 26-30 last year.
Cohen fired Ben Howland in March and replaced him with New Mexico State head coach Chris Jans. So we will see how that goes.

Overall.... not a stellar record of success in the hiring department.

Met Cohen a few times when he was UK HC during recruitment. Seemed like a good dude and he was professional and had it together.

Doesn’t have anything to do with his job now really. But also Cannizaro was almost a can’t miss in terms of potential success. He really screwed himself (and apparently a staff member lol ).

That's always a cost of hiring good people. Our best guys may get offers, and there are some things that can't be matched-- the chance to be an HC, coach at an alma mater, be closer to family, etc. But if it's all about money, UT can match... if it's someone UT feels strongly about keeping.
Just what I wanted to hear!

The good stuff comes in plastic.
twss.gif

Sadly...Auburn's 2023 class is small.

But a few names in their 10 commits we could potentially flip

4* - Jeremiah Cobb RB
4* - Adam Hopkins WR
4* - Terrance Love S
4* - Daquayvious Sorey WR

Could be wrong, but with JWT moving to LB wouldn't have to twist my arm to think Cobb might be interested.

Thanks. In your opinion what is the best recruiting service? Rivals is who I used in the past but they tend to hate our class and have us all the way down at #12.

I am wondering if we can pick up any of these 5 stars:

Desmond Ricks, 2023 Cornerback - Rivals.com

Nyckoles Harbor, 2023 Athlete - Rivals.com

Samson Okunlola, 2023 Offensive Tackle - Rivals.com

First one is leaning FSU but undecided

Second one is leaning South Carolina but undecided

Third one is leaning Miami but undecided (Miami seems to be stealing a lot of our recruits such as Francis Mauigoa). Miami is terrible though and we should be able to get in and beat them for some of these picks.

Mark Stoops believed Kentucky had the recipe to beat Tennessee, but the Wildcats giving up some huge plays did them in when it was all said and done.🤭

Had the recipe? Bitch, we took our lightning quick offense, slowed it down, and ran a 5 minute, 13 play TD drive and only threw the ball twice that drive. We were going to beat you irregardless of if we were playing our game or yours.

Thanks. In your opinion what is the best recruiting service? Rivals is who I used in the past but they tend to hate our class and have us all the way down at #12.

I am wondering if we can pick up any of these 5 stars:

Desmond Ricks, 2023 Cornerback - Rivals.com

Nyckoles Harbor, 2023 Athlete - Rivals.com

Samson Okunlola, 2023 Offensive Tackle - Rivals.com

First one is leaning FSU but undecided

Second one is leaning South Carolina but undecided

Third one is leaning Miami but undecided (Miami seems to be stealing a lot of our recruits such as Francis Mauigoa). Miami is terrible though and we should be able to get in and beat them for some of these picks.

Honestly I don't really know best recruiting service, if I share rankings etc. it's always from the 247 composite. I would say ESPN is the worst though, a lot of people like On3, but I don't really dive into the services that much. I start with a recruits composite then just kind of check Hudl or YT to see what sort of highlights they have if I'm interested in how good they are.

All 3 of those guys would be great additions to the '23 class though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back