The Downtown Grill & Brewery Postgame Report

So do you want the RPI discredited? especially when it works to our advantage this year? It plays a large role in seeding whether you like it or not.
I believe the committee has said repeatedly that the RPI isn't a consideration, aside from being a leveling measure to help judge the bubble teams.

I believe the committee has said repeatedly that the RPI isn't a consideration, aside from being a leveling measure to help judge the bubble teams.

I'm pretty sure that along with our sos have guaranteed our team a spot in the tourney, even though we were 18-10 going in to tonight...

I think the RPI is a bit overrated also. I think we can get up to a 5 seed with a strong finish to this season.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I agree that rpi is overrated, but it plays in our favor this year...and it has locked us into the tourney, even before tonight's game (as many thought we were a bubble team)

I think the RPI is a bit overrated also. I think we can get up to a 5 seed with a strong finish to this season.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
I agree. The upper echelons of seeds tend to be a gut feel thing, IMO. It's a beauty contest. Tonight will help. Impressive beatings in the tourney will help some, but our conference is almost universally viewed as the weakest power conf out there.

I agree. The upper echelons of seeds tend to be a gut feel thing, IMO. It's a beauty contest. Tonight will help. Impressive beatings in the tourney will help some, but our conference is almost universally viewed as the weakest power conf out there.

absolutely the weakest and least predictable power conference, however, asserting our dominance at the right time.

LOL at someone thinking Hat secretly wants the Vols to lose due to some hidden agenda! He may come across as negative on certain members of our coaching staff, but he bleeds Orange like the rest of us.

This was the most fun UT game I've watched all year. . . .very reminiscent of our style a year or two ago. We made our share of mistakes, but I really think the youngsters showed that they have matured and Bruce deserves credit for a fantastic gameplan.

LOL at someone thinking Hat secretly wants the Vols to lose due to some hidden agenda! He may come across as negative on certain members of our coaching staff, but he bleeds Orange like the rest of us.

This was the most fun UT game I've watched all year. . . .very reminiscent of our style a year or two ago. We made our share of mistakes, but I really think the youngsters showed that they have matured and Bruce deserves credit for a fantastic gameplan.
Knight had it right about nobody really wanting any part of this team in the second round.

We might not get it done, but I think most know that we have the capacity to play with or beat almost anyone in the country on a given night.

Knight had it right about nobody really wanting any part of this team in the second round.

We might not get it done, but I think most know that we have the capacity to play with or beat almost anyone in the country on a given night.

QFT. We certainly don't rank amongst the nation's elite, but when we play as hard as we did tonight, we would scare anyone. SC was gassed at the end and had no answer for our offensive intensity.

I could be way off, but I like our chance at a good run in the non-GA dome SEC tourney and the possibility of a little run in the Big Dance. I wouldn't even be shocked at a shot at the Elite 8 (nor would I be surprised if we fell in the second round).

QFT. We certainly don't rank amongst the nation's elite, but when we play as hard as we did tonight, we would scare anyone. SC was gassed at the end and had no answer for our offensive intensity.

I could be way off, but I like our chance at a good run in the non-GA dome SEC tourney and the possibility of a little run in the Big Dance. I wouldn't even be shocked at a shot at the Elite 8 (nor would I be surprised if we fell in the second round).
I want to see more of that big lineup. I'm not sure many teams can handle that.

If Tennessee comes with a high energy running game, the defense seems to fall in line and that team is hard to beat. I hope Coach Pearl gets the guys in high gear from now on because I think the team is starting to gell.

A great win. I think the aspect that has improved most in the last couple of weeks is shot selection. Tyler seems to have come down from the crazy "I must will this team to victory, even if it means taking extremely low-percentage contested shots" attitude he started to have in the middle of the SEC slate. Also, by any reasonable measure, J.P. had a great game.

That being said, South Carolina's defense was atrocious. We had all kinds of clear lanes to the basket all night. We successfully took advantage of what we were given, which is good, but I'm still not sold on our ability to beat a team that really packs it in on D.

I too love the big line-up. Coach Knight was also talking about this, and at one point mentioned we had 5 guys on the floor 6-5 or taller.

VN Store

Back