9th - UT 91.0pg
28th - Kentucky 117.1pg

Total Yards Allowed
103rd - UT 420.7pg
15th - Kentucky 295.4pg

Defensive Plays
127th - UT 77.6pg
8th - Kentucky 58.6pg

These are numbers based on gross totals, but when you look at per play numbers it's an interesting difference.

Total Yards Per Play
60th - UT 5.4 per play, per game
26th - Kentucky 5.0 per play, per game
Those defensive numbers are so weird...103rd in yardage per game, but 49th in scoring. That has to be the ultimate example of the "bend but don't break" philosophy in action...😳

I think a lot of that is caused by the pressure our offense is putting on other teams offense to score TDs instead of FGs.

Those defensive numbers are so weird...103rd in yardage per game, but 49th in scoring. That has to be the ultimate example of the "bend but don't break" philosophy in action...😳

I think a lot of that is caused by the pressure our offense is putting on other teams offense to score TDs instead of FGs.
Yes, plus I think the opponent's higher number of plays than average.

"Barely knew he was." 😂 Whatever the hell that means. You truly know nothing, Jon Snow. I'm done with you. Should've been done the moment you brought that joke of a segment with the fiddle player.
I was following y'alls little tiff and could you clue me in on the reference? I looked the guy up and I don't understand the connection..🤔

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
It was a good ball for sure, but it looks like he's holding it too long. His processing of the play is not on the same level as HH.

Yeah, HH isn't accurate just because of our scheme. He has a great ability to process the play and know where to go with it. I think his high throws are often because he's mentally ahead of himself at times.

If Joe has time though he can throw into any window on the field. He'll need to improve on processing and timing to really have a killer final season next year and get NFL attention.

Last edited:

I'd be curious to track how many possessions opponents end up settling for a FGA or Punting. Cause yardage and time of possession are both areas our defense just doesn't care about. Ultimately points seems to be the only real number they want to keep low.

We should know by year 3 if Heupel is gonna work out or not. . .

😆

I feel like he's our guy...but I am most BVS about seeing what happens once the "new" wears off. Butch just imploded in year 5, Pruitt did it in year 3, Dooley never did anything so not sure it was a letdown or par for the course.

We've had a few things go right this year that's lead to us being ahead of schedule I think. LSU & Florida both falling off and breaking in new coaches...Bama basically coming in unprepared and Hooker being as good as he is and Hyatt having a monster bounce back year. Plus the OL just being so much better than most of us would have expected, no egos or divas in that group either and they are all wanting to win the best OL award. Don't care about individual awards whatsoever.

I feel like he's our guy...but I am most BVS about seeing what happens once the "new" wears off. Butch just imploded in year 5, Pruitt did it in year 3, Dooley never did anything so not sure it was a letdown or par for the course.

We've had a few things go right this year that's lead to us being ahead of schedule I think. LSU & Florida both falling off and breaking in new coaches...Bama basically coming in unprepared and Hooker being as good as he is and Hyatt having a monster bounce back year. Plus the OL just being so much better than most of us would have expected, no egos or divas in that group either and they are all wanting to win the best OL award. Don't care about individual awards whatsoever.
I think Heupel doesn't care about what the fans think. It seems like he's got his own goals and is on a mission to accomplish them. . . we're just lucky to be along on the ride. I don't think it mattered what big school gave him a chance, he was going to do what he's doing regardless. I'm just happy it's at UT. Thank You Danny White!

Hype stays here long enough we will have a down year due to injuries / roster turnover like most coaches, but he just needs to avoid the season where the team misses a bowl / quits. That is when a coach can't recover. Just have no worse than a 7-8 win minimum in your down years and then have some good years like this one, and you can coach for a long time.

Please, please, please let Levis say something cocky about this game. How it's a revenge spot or how he's been looking forward to it.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back