Not open for further replies.

christmas-vacation-nine-lives.gif

View attachment 505570
Later that evening:

“Dad!”

“Hey, kids. Dinner’s on the table.”

“Welcome home, honey. Oh, you look terrible! Rough day at work?”

“Tell me about it. You would not believe the day I just had…”
What are we supposed to be looking at here? 🤷🏻‍♂️ just see a goat stumbling down a mountain…. And a copperhead with legs and a bushy tail.

Kentucky is going to try and milk the clock, but they will lose that patience when we go up 21-0 in the first quarter. 😎

Yeah, Kentucky might be the first power 5 team we face that doesn't or hasn't shown the offense to really handle going down 2 or 3 scores early.

Pitt: 31.4 ppg (held them to 27 in OT)
Florida: 31.4 ppg (held them to 21 before garbage time prevent D gave up 12 more)
LSU: 35.1 ppg (held them to 13 in their house)
Bama: 43.1 ppg (held them to 35, defense scored 1 TD and they got gifted one by the officials)

So those offenses all average a TD more or better PG than Kentucky and still couldn't score enough to beat us.

Plot twist: we're going to put up 300 yards rushing on Kentucky. They're going to sell out on the pass and not let anyone over the top, and we'll gash them with Small, Hooker, and Wright. They're going to force passes underneath and over the middle, which is about all you can do, and our receivers need to show up with YAC and contact. I think Bru, Fant, and Tillman have big days.

300 rushing
225 passing
I would not be surprised if they put 5 in the box. Bama did it.

I think we win by double digits most likely, but I think Stoops is the one coach in this conference that at least knows what he supposed to do to slow down this offense. I think that because of his B12 background.
With that being said, it's easier said then done to stop this O. I see 38-23 this weekend.

I think we win by double digits most likely, but I think Stoops is the one coach in this conference that at least knows what he supposed to do to slow down this offense. I think that because of his B12 background.
With that being said, it's easier said then done to stop this O. I see 38-23 this weekend.

Stoops is pretty good on defense when it comes to big games like this one coming up.Tennessee is circled every year for him but ultimately I think we wear them down and their game plan goes out the window…their secondary has met a WR core like this one.fast and physical

Stoops has never coached in the Big 12. He's a Big Ten guy from his playing days.

And couldn't stop our passing attack OR rushing attack.

I also think getting Tillman back will be big in this game. I think Bru and Keyton are both fantastic WRs, but neither has to this point shown they can punish teams for focusing on Hyatt. Fant had 3 catches before Tillman went out, since his injury he's snagged 11 catches and 3 rushes as well as thrown a TD.

And if Fant hadn't dropped so many he would have even more impressive numbers. I could see him or Warren really punishing Kentucky for trying to half spy the QB this weekend. Could also see Bru have a huge game. Last year the game was close because we simply couldn't get off the field on defense. But our depth is better and we have far more experience this year.

They got us last year after the defense played 101 plays against Ole Miss and 92 plays against Bama. This year they come to Neyland after the defense was only on the field for 83 plays against Bama and 76 against UT Martin (but basically the 2nd half was 3rd/4th string guys getting meaningful snaps)

Stoops is pretty good on defense when it comes to big games like this one coming up.Tennessee is circled every year for him but ultimately I think we wear them down and their game plan goes out the window…their secondary has met a WR core like this one.fast and physical
I think they try to control the ball for forever and a day like they did last year. If we cam get up 2 scored early things may spiral. UK can't play from behind against TN this weekend.

Unpopular opinion but...to paraphrase Theo Von, don't rush the football field if you aren't ready for football field **** to happen.

Students know they aren't technically allowed down there, and if you get in a players face and he smacks you.. oh well.
I keep seeing this “justification” posted but that’s like seems like saying you jaywalked so it’s OK that someone intentionally ran over you…I don’t know, two wrongs don’t make a right.

Hey y’all. Heisman trophy candidate Will Levis through a pick 6 vs Miss State 2 weekends ago. That’s his 2nd pick 6 in 3 games and his 5th career SEC pick 6. NFL scouts are right, he has put his name in the record book now.. tied an SEC record for most pick 6s 😂 #NumberOneQBDrafted

View attachment 505587
More than JG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back