Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will never get old.

And to all those Alabama fans that think this is beneath them... You're right.

You'll never know or experience the joy of cerebrating with millions of people you'll never meet, but will consider family, because we all share the experiences of the last 15 years and will cherish all the high fives, hugs, random 'go Vols'in public because someone from your unknown family saw that power t in your hat or shirt. The fist pumps and thumbs up when people drive by you on the highway because they too have a power t on their bumper or back glass.

You'll never know what it's like to get hundreds of text messages or phone calls from other friends or family just letting you know they saw the game and were thinking of you because the knew how big a deal it would be for you and your family, though they themselves had no dog in the fight.

You'll never fight back tears because you wish loved ones could have seen this. You'll never understand the pure joy of watching your kids 'get it', when for the majority of their lives they never had reason to till they, too, experienced what you did when you first became a Tennessee fan.

You will never understand. And I'm good with that.

Go Vols.
The funny thing is, Bammer fans ARE all family. It's all the in-breeding.

I think the Kick Six is the single greatest college football regular season MOMENT. I think this game was the greatest regular season game.

Iron Bowl is a great rivalry game, but not most heated. Egg Bowl has statistics for most fan and team fights iirc. But the Border War between Kansas and Mizzou is bitter. The Jayhawkers were guerilla fighters who would raid and plunder western Missouri in the 1850s-1870s and fight against the Bushwackers of Missouri who were pro-slavery. It was so bad that several counties in Missouri had forced evacuations, and the Bushwackers razed towns in Kansas and burnt down Lawrence, KS in the Lawrence Massacre. University of Kansas kept their nickname. Mizzou adopted the Tigers, which was the name of the militia who defended Columbia from guerilla attacks from Jayhawkers.

The football and baseball rivalries started in the 1880s or 1890s. Basketball in early 1900s. For the first decade or more, the football sidelines would be lined with veterans of the Civil War. Confederates on the Mizzou side, Union on Kansas' side.

It didn't lose any luster through Civil Rights era and had a vitriolic resurgence in the 70s-80s. I think the nastiness was one of tge reasons Mizzou left the Big12 and the teams opted to not play regular season games in any of the 3 sports for a long time. Basketball played recently. Football will resume in 2025.
1666063528386-gif.502872

I saw nothing in this post about how great we are. You kind of disappointed me.

I’m finally caught up from the game and I was disappointed that I didn’t see a single mention of the girl whose tit popped out celebrating. Apologies if I overlooked it.
I watched the game and I never saw that. Not sure I believe it without a clip.....

Although I’d kill for the same end result, this feels like 2022. Our time!
I was 21 years old the night we won the National Title. You are absolutely right, my man...this is 2022, and it feels exactly like...2022.

1998 is in the past; and, while never forgeting it, it IS a new time, your time, and im happy for it to be...not only for you and all the other new generation of Vols; but, for my nephews as well, the oldest of which is 16. They have never experienced the Big Orange being successful, and I believe I'm more proud and happy for them, and you, than I am for myself...although, I'm quite ecstatic for myself, and feeling like my old self going at it with these dipsh!t Bammers I've come across since Saturday. 😎

Need to keep the usc west transfer portal open. Once they become disenchanted with the fluff of the west coast and decide that they want real college football experience, they can be evaluated and transfer if deemed to be good enough for Tennessee…

I think the payback for their coach taking the pruitt mercenaries has not been fulfilled yet. Oklahoma has felt the transference of our gump curse. They can keep losing with pruitt’s losers on their roster.

Meanwhile back in Knoxville, the winning continues:

6-0 😎

15-0 🤠 in the works, one game and week at a time. Very business like…

I just want to add more good players. Be it through recruiting or the portal, I just want to fill the holes on the roster and build depth. Kids around the country need to take note how much fun our guys seem to have. Notice how this team and the fans interact, and how much it feels like family. They should want to come here and experience what Heupel has built. I really believe we are in the midst of something truly special. We just need to continue to stock this roster with guys who believe in what is being built.

Not sure if real, but I could see it happening. I've seen crazier at football games. Every base has its crazies, even us.

But when I saw the responses about them being bad parents, I would have replied, "Yeah. How could they let their little boy grow up to be a Bama fan.". But I don't do Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back