Jaylen McCollough arrested

I believe everyone is innocent until proven guilty* and he should be allowed to play until the verdict comes in. AK is playing in the NFL this year and his assault charges have been going on for over 6 months now.

*in the eyes of the law

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law. Meaning you're not sentenced to criminal or civil punishment by the government until you've had a fair trial.

But in reality, he either did it or he didn't. And if the evidence clearly shows he did it, or if he can't look his Coach in the eye and tell him he didn't do it, then he probably deserves to be suspended and that's on him. These kids get A LOT of direction on making smart choices and acting, not reacting in the moment. IF McCollough did what he's accused of doing, and I don't know, then that's on him.

I haven't gotten a straight answer from any post or news story. Is JM still on the team, and IL so, is he playing Saturday?
He is still listed as being on the roster, but there has been no mention of playing Saturday. CJH seems to have his players backs until all the facts come out, so he doesn’t rush to kick anyone off the team. That being said, I would be really surprised if he played Saturday due to the charges, and since they are still gathering information. Hopefully the truth will come out soon.

There’s a lot of ifs there that shows it’s not facts. Beyond a reasonable doubt is an incredibly high bar. The prosecution has to prove to me that jaylen did it and not the stairs. Dude had admitted to drinking and apparently drank enough to go to the wrong building in broad daylight. He said jaylen punched him down the stairs but given dudes mental state that he can’t go to the right building, it’s also just as likely he fell down the stairs which is what busted his face up. there’s reasonable doubt there to me.
And that's "to you", which is simply your opinion, not necessarily fact. You're not the judge/jury/prosecution, so you have to be unbiased (or not naive) enough to think that others may think differently. What we know is what has been stated and it doesn't look good and certainly falls under what he's been charged.

The one that is talking is more than likely is the one that is lying and exaggerating the story by getting ahead of it.

I fell backwards I was pushed he hit me in the face he hit me in the back of neck I fell 30 feet I don't know I was unconscientious, I have only had one beer maybe two. I was confused in went into the apartment by mistake, I apologized and left and said nothing else. He followed me and hit me.

He was the only one talking, JM probably just looked at him and said BS in his mind and made no statement. I don't blame him.

Reading posts like this help me understand why we have the political leaders and situation that we do in our country.

You can’t chase a guy down the hall and then sucker punch him in the back of the head so hard you cause him to fall and nearly break your own hand
You can’t get your FOS story straight either. Dude was punched in the face. He claimed on the police report he was punched in the face. Again you’re completely FOS Mr Insider or the “victim” that filed the report is.

What the hell does my age have to do with the statement I made about this situation ?
Bc having life experience actually show you that you don’t know everything you believe you do and have no idea how you’ll react in a given situation. Don’t worry you’ll get there, champ.

In the eyes of the law, or not, Everyone is innocent Until proven in a court of law that they're guilty! That means no punishment until proven guilty, IMO.
That’s not what it “means”. We have no facts. If Heupel thinks he punched a defenseless person for no reason and it is truly a provable case of aggravated assault, then he’ll suspend him. That’s unlikely. There is plenty of ambiguity. This will probably result in a reduced charge, new teeth, one game out, and an increase in our speed at db.

Reactions: BigOrangeFanatic
That’s not what it “means”. We have no facts. If Heupel thinks he punched a defenseless person for no reason and it is truly a provable case of aggravated assault, then he’ll suspend him. That’s unlikely. There is plenty of ambiguity. This will probably result in a reduced charge, new teeth, one game out, and an increase in our speed at db.

Pretty sure if Heupel planned on that he’d had already done it this late into the week.

Reactions: loggervol
I haven't gotten a straight answer from any post or news story. Is JM still on the team, and IL so, is he playing Saturday?
Nothing has been said from Heupel other than investigating the incident Monday.I would imagine if or when a decision is made,we won’t hear about it until right before the game.Keep the enemy guessing.

So if I had a key employee with an exemplary record get arrested in a bar fight, should he not be allowed to work before he is convicted of anything? I don't understand the practice of suspending someone simply because they have been arrested, especially in this case. Jaylen likely used bad judgment but there is plenty of blame to go around. He should be able to go on with his life pending a guilty verdict, if that ever happens.

Right??

We have had employees get arrested before. How does screwing them out of their job/weeks pay make anything better for anyone?? It doesn’t.

Reactions: 2EastTnVols
The fact that JM was not immediately ejected from the program, indicates to me that his guilt or innocence is still in question based on the input the program has from hearing BOTH sides of the encounter and not just from the admitted chemically impaired guy. Probably still trying to validate the facts to find out which is closer to the truth. This cannot end WELL but it can end with various degrees of BAD. Can the DA really believe that they can meet the BEYOND with the sum of the testimony of those that actually saw or were part of the confrontation? I really don't know yet how many that is based on everything I have read to date.

If JM's side is he reacted badly to a home invasion followed by a verbal assault, and that the damage to the guy's face was as a result of a fleeing intoxicated intruder falling down the steps, AND there is no evidence to the contrary it becomes a HE SAID/HE SAID case with one HE documented to be impaired and the other HE not, just irrational due to the surprise circumstances.

Hopefully there are actual witnesses or hard evidence that we have not yet seen that closely supports one side or the other. JM either left for treatment on his hand after passing by a bleeding but conscious drunk who busted his face on the steps after his teeth cut JM's hand on the punch OR NOT.

IF JM finally shared through counsel that he did not buy the accidental home invasion by a hooded intruder story at all, and went after him to secure his arrest, but left when he as an athlete prioritized having the damage to his hand assessed and treated then it will get interesting. Physical evidence or better yet, combined with actual witness statements to back up one side or the other WOULD then rule the day. If he held off making any statement till after meeting with an intelligent counselor who knows. Probably why that is the conventional wisdom to wait.

Pretty much agree with you in every aspect there. So much ambiguity and general weirdness in this one, I doubt much happens unless a witness or video or something to that effect comes out.

Reactions: LadyVolette
I think he plays this weekend while all the facts are still being gathered and if they think he was in the wrong be suspended the UT Martin game.

Is the DA’s office the only one that can dismiss the charges or is the “victim” pressing charges.

IF JM finally shared through counsel that he did not buy the accidental home invasion by a hooded intruder story at all, and went after him to secure his arrest, but left when he as an athlete prioritized having the damage to his hand assessed and treated then it will get interesting.

"Home invasion" :rolleyes: OK, drama queen.

If the report is accurate, the Dude accidentally went to the wrong door of what he thought was his friend's place, knocked before entering, and then immediately apologized and left when he realized he made a mistake. Whether McCollough believed it was accidental or intentional is immaterial, it doesn't give him the right to commit assault. McCollough can't claim he was defending himself or his property, he went after him in the hall.

And as for prioritizing an injury to his pinky sustained while sucker-punching a dude in the mouth and leaving him unconscious and bleeding while falling down a flight of stairs....yeah, I think the defense attorney might go a different route on that one.

I didn't say or mean that's the way it was! I'm just saying that's the way it should be. No one should ever be criticized or punished for a crime they have been charged with until they have been proven guilty of that crime!
Agree with you in part. However if a teacher or someone that works with kids is accused of something, it’s hard not to suspend that person. Definitely exceptions.

In the repaired culture that Heupel has instilled here, Jaylen not being dismissed from the team immediately should tell you everything you need to know. Let it play out.

Though it is not admissible in court, I wonder if he would agree to a polygraph for our admin's review if real witnesses TO THE ACTIONS don't exist. I agree that there must be doubt for Coach to this point or he would pull the trigger.

Reading posts like this help me understand why we have the political leaders and situation that we do in our country.
I think I read on here that he stated he fell 30 feet down the stairs. Not sure who said it but stairwell landings are only 10 to 15 ft different apart. So if he fell 30 feet he must have been hit with a vicious left hook causing some serious spin on his body.

Reactions: 37620VOL

VN Store

Back