Team News (current roster)

Acknowledging his glaring flaws isn't "hate". He's a 23 yr old senior and his best skill is roughing up the other team. He is what he is at this point - which isn't very good.
Agree, he has a bruiser role with this team. He can give us minutes and hold his own. If he is having to be that for 30 minutes then we are in trouble.

Agree, he has a bruiser role with this team. He can give us minutes and hold his own. If he is having to be that for 30 minutes then we are in trouble.
I don’t think there’s any world where he’s asked to play that many minutes next year. We have enough depth at his position that 15 would probably be my guess if he’s playing well and less than that if he’s struggling.

Reactions: ColinS
I'll believe Phillips at PG when I see it.

I tend to think he has been identified as having enough of a handle that if he, JJ , And ZZZ are on the floor we take it and go and not look for a true point in transition for sure and maybe even if in half court sets.

I don’t think there’s any world where he’s asked to play that many minutes next year. We have enough depth at his position that 15 would probably be my guess if he’s playing well and less than that if he’s struggling.
Well we’re losing SV, JJJ, Key, and likely Phillips. Who is better positioned to pick up a bunch of those 100+ minutes game?

Well we’re losing SV, JJJ, Key, and likely Phillips. Who is better positioned to pick up a bunch of those 100+ minutes game?
None of those guys play center though. Unless we do a bunch of twin towers lineups he’ll still be completing with ON and Aidoo for the same 40 minutes as this year, right?

Assuming we go small a little more than half of the time…

Zeigler 30/Key 10
Santi 15/Key 15/Edwards 10
Phillips 15/Santi 15/Mashack 10
JJJ 20/Phillips 12/Nkahmoua 8
Nkahmoua 20/JJJ 10/Aidoo 10
I am not following your dismissal of Uros??? No minutes at all??? To me this seems way off the mark.
And nothing I have seen/heard suggests that ON is back to where he was before injury.
Sorry, but I just do not see ON playing 28 minutes. (He only averaged @21 last year)
Respectfully, I think you are off the mark on Ziegler's minutes ....
I think Barnes would ideally like to get great balance with all his 'starters' averaging no more than 25 mpg. (*This would mean they are "fresher" come tournament time.)
He got really close in 20-21, but ON, Uros, Pember and Anosike were slow to develop (or were a bust).
However, he has never had the depth to achieve it.

Zeigler 20 / Key 14 / Edwards 5 [39]
Santi 18 / Key 10 / Edwards 5 / Mashack 5 [38]
Phillips 9 /Santi 10 / JJJ 11 / Mashack 5 [35]
JJJ 17 / Phillips 8 / Nkahmoua 7 [32]
Uros 10 / Phillips 3 / Nkahmoua 7 / JJJ 3 / Aidoo 10 [33]

That leaves those who are under 10 minutes per game of playing time ....
With only @ 23 minutes for the rest of the team (8 players) to split up over the season...
The lion's share might be going to (in no order) .... Awaka, Kegler, Coyne, Jefferson

I am not following your dismissal of Uros??? No minutes at all??? To me this seems way off the mark.
And nothing I have seen/heard suggests that ON is back to where he was before injury.
Sorry, but I just do not see ON playing 28 minutes. (He only averaged @21 last year)
I think Barnes would ideally like to get great balance with all his 'starters' averaging no more than 25 mpg. (*This would mean they are "fresher" come tournament time.)
He got really close in 20-21, but ON, Uros, Pember and Anosike were slow to develop (or were a bust).

With only @ 23 minutes for the rest of the team (8 players) to split up over the season...
The lion's share might be going to (in no order) .... Awaka, Kegler, Coyne, Jefferson
This take is rough, JJJ & Santi under 25mpg? Cmon man.

Uros isn’t going to start. He only started last year because ON was hurt, Fulky was struggling and Aidoo was a freshman.

Uros isn’t going to start. He only started last year because ON was hurt, Fulky was struggling and Aidoo was a freshman.

It’s not a bad idea to start an experienced player until the game (and especially the refs) settles down. Seems like Grant or Admiral were picking up two early fouls in almost every game. Uros’s physical play might even result is a few fouls being called on opponents’ bigs early on.

It’s not a bad idea to start an experienced player until the game (and especially the refs) settles down. Seems like Grant or Admiral were picking up two early fouls in almost every game. Uros’s physical play might even result is a few fouls being called on opponents’ bigs early on.
Also, part of Uros’s role is delivering body blows to their bigs and wearing them down. It’s arguably most effective to do that as early as possible.

I'm not great at math but I see 28mpg for both of them?

Edit: Actually 31 for JJJ. I did say my math isn't great.
I was referring to his quote saying no more than 25mpg, of course then he posts a rotation with multiple guys over 25mpg so who knows what he was actually saying. Zeigler 20mpg? Nkahmoua 14mpg? Cmon.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup

VN Store

Back