Jaylen McCollough arrested

So you don't think JM hurt his case by leaving a guy unconscious and not calling the police? If this were reversed and JM had walked in the wrong apt and ended up unconscious and the guy just left him there, you guys would be calling for attempted murder charges.

It's dumb as hell to leave someone unconscious after a fight. Seriously, people die from bad luck and getting knocked the F out and getting a brain bleed. You can be tough as hell and defend yourself and hurt people but you don't have to be stupid about it.

Unless you have some insider info, you, just like the rest of us don’t know exactly what happened, we don’t know if the guy was out for 10 seconds or 10 minutes. Do we know who called the cops? It seems they were there fairly quickly according to the times in their report.
We only have one side of the story available right now so I just find your melodramatic embellishments of what happened a bit over the top.

So you don't think JM hurt his case by leaving a guy unconscious and not calling the police? If this were reversed and JM had walked in the wrong apt and ended up unconscious and the guy just left him there, you guys would be calling for attempted murder charges.

It's dumb as hell to leave someone unconscious after a fight. Seriously, people die from bad luck and getting knocked the F out and getting a brain bleed. You can be tough as hell and defend yourself and hurt people but you don't have to be stupid about it.
How do you know he was unconscious?

The police didn't find him unconscious. He was standing in the parking lot waiting for them when they rolled up.

No witnesses told the police he was unconscious. In fact, from what's publicly available, no one other than the invader reported anything to the police other than McCollough's girlfriend telling them who she and McCollough are.

So you have one person, the invader who presents himself as the victim, who tells the police he was unconscious.

And that's it?

You have no idea if he was unconscious, do you?

Lol as usual you are clueless about me and where I go. And what I do. I don’t go to ghetto college parties in the Fort but I do have many friends both young and old at UT, at local law enforcement, local politicians, local healthcare and emergency services, and regularly attend alumni and donor events. So yea I have interactions and knowledge of a lot of incidents, sometimes in real time.

It’s funny that facts get people so worked up 😂
You just proved everything that you claim as facts is nothing but barbershop shop Gossip and Hearsay. All those sources were not there to get first hand information. So one can claim you may have 3rd 4th or 5th tier information. It's all hearsay since you were not there and your facts are BS and not admissible. The police report is at the moment 2nd tier information based on one side of story.

Lol as usual you are clueless about me and where I go. And what I do. I don’t go to ghetto college parties in the Fort but I do have many friends both young and old at UT, at local law enforcement, local politicians, local healthcare and emergency services, and regularly attend alumni and donor events. So yea I have interactions and knowledge of a lot of incidents, sometimes in real time.

It’s funny that facts get people so worked up 😂
You said he was punched in the back of the head. He stated he was punched in the face and fell backwards down the steps?

The police didn't find him unconscious. He was standing in the parking lot waiting for them when they rolled up.

No witnesses told the police he was unconscious. In fact, from what's publicly available, no one other than the invader reported anything to the police other than McCollough's girlfriend telling them who she and McCollough are.

So you have one person, the invader who presents himself as the victim, who tells the police he was unconscious.

And that's it?

Exactly!

And that's it?

He said he regained consciousness and the lady and a man were trying to help him so that can be independently verified by someone other than him. I assume the police took statements from those 2 and we'll see.

If this were reversed everyone here would be saying JM's story is gospel and his attacker deserves charges. Because it's a Vol doing the punching, you want to offer every possible excuse that this guy is lying. The "tribal" vibe here to demonize the guy who got hit would be COMPLETELY different if JM were the one missing teeth.

Reactions: VolGirl05 and Raebo
He said he regained consciousness and the lady and a man were trying to help him so that can be independently verified by someone other than him. I assume the police took statements from those 2 and we'll see.

If this were reversed everyone here would be saying JM's story is gospel and his attacker deserves charges. Because it's a Vol doing the punching, you want to offer every possible excuse that this guy is lying. The "tribal" vibe here to demonize the guy who got hit would be COMPLETELY different if JM were the one missing teeth.
You're making a lot of assumptions about "everyone here" and our motivations. And you're making assumptions about the existence of "statements from those 2" that are nowhere in evidence.

So who here is being unreasonable? It seems to me you're the one making things up to support an agenda of some type.

You're making a lot of assumptions about "everyone here" and our motivations. And you're making assumptions about the existence of "statements from those 2" that are nowhere in evidence.

So who here is being unreasonable? It seems to me you're the one making things up to support an agenda of some type.
I'm saying whether the guy deserved punching and got what was coming to him, JM leaving him there is dumb...... and it is.

If this guy had been seriously hurt and going down stairs DOES get people killed, JM is in a world of hurt and even worse for not doing anything but apparently bandaging his hand (and those saying it's only his pinkie are FOS. Who wraps all their knuckles for a simple pinkie wound?)

I've got no agenda except that we should expect a decent level of behavior from those who represent UT. Whether this guy had it coming or not, JM didn't handle this well at all.

If I were the prosecutor, I'd say "objection your honor- conjecture ", " objection your honor- foundation? ", " objection your honor conjecture"....and so on. Hope ur not his lawyer.
To surmise what may have been in a defendant’s mind is not the same as conjecture or allegation. Hope you’re not a lawyer period, at least not one that charges money.

I'm saying whether the guy deserved punching and got what was coming to him, JM leaving him there is dumb...... and it is.

If this guy had been seriously hurt and going down stairs DOES get people killed, JM is in a world of hurt and even worse for not doing anything but apparently bandaging his hand (and those saying it's only his pinkie are FOS. Who wraps all their knuckles for a simple pinkie wound?)

I've got no agenda except that we should expect a decent level of behavior from those who represent UT. Whether this guy had it coming or not, JM didn't handle this well at all.
You have no idea whether he handled it well. Because you don't know what happened.

The available evidence seems to indicate that McCollough hit the invader in the mouth with his right fist at the top of the stairwell between apartments, and that the guy lost a couple of teeth and bled on a few of those stairs.

Though the available evidence doesn't show it, no one disputes that the guy invaded McCollough's home, initiating the entire exchange.

And we know that the guy was conscious and standing around waiting when the police rolled up.

Everything else you think you know is merely the word of one person, the invader who presents himself to the police as a victim.

As for McCollough walking away, sometimes the best thing you can do in an altercation is to walk away and let both sides cool down. You have no idea why McCollough walked off. Nor the condition of the invader at that moment in time. Do you?

So you actually know almost nothing upon which you are reaching these serious conclusions. You're taking an innocent person and marking them guilty in your mind, then arguing that guilt on public chat boards.

So it sure seems like you have an agenda.

Last edited:
You just proved everything that you claim as facts is nothing but barbershop shop Gossip and Hearsay. All those sources were not there to get first hand information. So one can claim you may have 3rd 4th or 5th tier information. It's all hearsay since you were not there and your facts are BS and not admissible. The police report is at the moment 2nd tier information based on one side of story.
Sure thing. I also don’t know the officers involved, nor the detective assigned to the case, nor the nurses at the ED, nor the UT PR spokesman. It’s just Gossip and Hearsay although that sounds like a cool name for a band

Sure thing. I also don’t know the officers involved, nor the detective assigned to the case, nor the nurses at the ED, nor the UT PR spokesman. It’s just Gossip and Hearsay although that sounds like a cool name for a band
If you do know them then fine and they should be fired for providing you with their insight to the a case that does not involve you so you can post it on Volnation. You are so FOS it is coming out on this site. I am not sure who you know and really don't care and if what all you are saying is true then those officers and every one involved or you have listed should be sued and fired. You are full of it.

One other thing when you Called McCollough's GF a "Side Piece" that said it all about who you are and told me you didn't know anything.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
If you do know them then fine and they should be fired for providing you with their insight to the a case that does not involve you so you can post it on Volnation. You are so FOS it is coming out on this site. I am not sure who you know and really don't care and if what all you are saying is true then those officers and every one involved or you have listed should be sued and fired. You are full of it.
😂 you obviously don’t operate in the real world or else you must be under the age of 30

So what would you do if you just knocked a man down a flight of stairs and he's unconscious?

If JM felt threatened and acted in self defense, call the cops and plead your case because the man be dead or dying. It could've been MUCH worse when he left the guy knocked out. I'm thankful he didn't get a subdural hematoma or some other not immediately visible head injury.

A LOT could've been much worse in this and JM is damn lucky the guy isn't dead.

Prove JM knocked him down the stairs.

😂 you obviously don’t operate in the real world or else you must be under the age of 30
Side Piece and you are living in the world of not knowing. You really as you have claim know nothing about this case and you don't have a need to know. I don't think you are on the force, nor do you have any need to be briefed on this matter. Just a punk that has a voice on this site that thinks he can pass information along and not get called out for BS. If you are somebody then tell us where you fit in the food change of information. I betting you don't. A Side Piece is a punk word when referring to a man's GF. It could be a gun but I did not see a reference to it in the report and if I am 30 you aren't even born yet. I am betting you are in your teens the way you talk. Drama Queen...

I know I just stated that it was the pinkie knuckle that had the blood on it in the police photo. I didn’t mention a thing about the other knuckles.

How do you know he didn’t handle it well since you, like the rest of us, don’t have all the facts about what actually happened? You have one side of the story that you are basing your condemnation on and making wild suppositions about. That’s what makes it appear like you have something against Tank and that’s why people are pushing back over it. Innocent until proven guilty.

If it turns out he actually did something wrong then he’ll pay the price for it including the possibility of serious jail time. But the outcome of this will be based on all the facts of what happened.

You have no idea whether he handled it well. Because you don't know what happened.

The available evidence seems to indicate that McCollough hit the invader in the mouth with his right fist at the top of the stairwell between apartments, and that the guy lost a couple of teeth and bled on a few of those stairs.

Though the available evidence doesn't show it, no one disputes that the guy invaded McCollough's home, initiating the entire exchange.

And we know that the guy was conscious and standing around waiting when the police rolled up.

Everything else you think you know is merely the word of one person, the invader who presents himself to the police as a victim.

As for McCollough walking away, sometimes the best thing you can do in an altercation is to walk away and let both sides cool down. You have no idea why McCollough walked off. Nor the condition of the invader at that moment in time. Do you?

So you actually know almost nothing upon which you are reaching these serious conclusions. You're taking an innocent person and marking them guilty in your mind, then arguing that guilt on public chat boards.

So it sure seems like you have an agenda.
"Alleged victim" is interesting. Did I miss where JM needed treatment or had significant injuries?

Even if the guy insulted, scared, or whatever JM, punching him is the wrong move. Whether they "took it outside like men" or whatever, JM will always lose that fight because ANY fight that brings the police will have to be addressed by the Vols.

He's going to have a problem with the law that might go away but it's been charged as a felony aggravated assault. I hope he gets off but that's what the court system is for.

With his teammates, he's possibly let them down in one of the most important games of the year. It's encouraging that Heupel has said nothing because with the non-starters who got in trouble, Heupel acted swiftly to dismiss them. Obviously, JM is more valuable to the team and Heupel is going to take that in account, but I believe Josh Heupel isn't okay with disruptions and wants the team to have discipline on and off the field.

JM couldn't win when he made the choice to punch this guy. It's a lose-lose for him unless the guy clearly was attacking him. It seems there's going to be "he said, he said" if JM claims that and no other witnesses, but only one guy who went down the stairs and hung around for the cops to get there.

It just doesn't look good from the info we have. JM should've let the guy walk off and we'd be talking about beating Bama without the distraction.

Yea….the vibe on here would prolly be different if JM illegally entered another man’s house. Agree with that.

Reactions: DaddyChad
Side Piece and you are living in the world of not knowing. You really as you have claim know nothing about this case and you don't have a need to know. I don't think you are on the force, nor do you have any need to be briefed on this matter. Just a punk that has a voice on this site that thinks he can pass information along and not get called out for BS. If you are somebody then tell us where you fit in the food change of information. I betting you don't. A Side Piece is a punk word when referring to a man's GF. It could be a gun but I did not see a reference to it in the report and if I am 30 you aren't even born yet. I am betting you are in your teens the way you talk. Drama Queen...
Lol she specifically said she wasn’t his girlfriend. I guess you think he was there studying for a chem test with her. 😂 drama queen? You’re the one getting emotional because you don’t want to believe facts because you “didn’t see it in the media”. Like i said. You would be surprised what the real world is like out there

Prove JM knocked him down the stairs.
Prove he didn't because both the guy and the police currently think he did. The guy DID end up down the stairs, missing teeth, and it's "he said, he said" but the guy down the stairs hung around to wait on the cops and tell his side.

If JM has a self defense or "he slipped" defense, he'll need to convince a jury, possibly a Grand Jury since it's a felony charge, of his innocence.

He's currently charged so he'll need to find an argument to beat the charge. Meanwhile, if he's going to wait around for a trial, do you think Heupel keeps a guy with a felony hanging over him on the team?

"Alleged victim" is interesting. Did I miss where JM needed treatment or had significant injuries?

Even if the guy insulted, scared, or whatever JM, punching him is the wrong move. Whether they "took it outside like men" or whatever, JM will always lose that fight because ANY fight that brings the police will have to be addressed by the Vols.

He's going to have a problem with the law that might go away but it's been charged as a felony aggravated assault. I hope he gets off but that's what the court system is for.

With his teammates, he's possibly let them down in one of the most important games of the year. It's encouraging that Heupel has said nothing because with the non-starters who got in trouble, Heupel acted swiftly to dismiss them. Obviously, JM is more valuable to the team and Heupel is going to take that in account, but I believe Josh Heupel isn't okay with disruptions and wants the team to have discipline on and off the field.

JM couldn't win when he made the choice to punch this guy. It's a lose-lose for him unless the guy clearly was attacking him. It seems there's going to be "he said, he said" if JM claims that and no other witnesses, but only one guy who went down the stairs and hung around for the cops to get there.

It just doesn't look good from the info we have. JM should've let the guy walk off and we'd be talking about beating Bama without the distraction.

Put some pants on Alice. We have one side of the info. This is a distraction on this board the players and Team are probably not worried about it like the drama queens on this board.

VN Store

Back