‘23 LA CB Jordan Matthews (Tennessee)

I like McDonald at the Star because of his size. Hopefully we can pick up a corner and safety from the portal though. Despite Gibson and Williams being great prospects it’s hard for a true freshman to start at corner in the SEC for a good defense. Both guys being EEs should help though

Turrentine is also a possibility at Safety. Just a redshirt freshman who should develop.

I thought this was the promising comment in the article
The Volunteers have one of the more versatile defenders in the country, but there is real long-term NFL potential as a boundary corner with his athletic profile.

Boundary corners are typically press man corners, especially against any 3x1 sets since most teams play the weak safety (DS below) on the inside most receiver in trips if he's a vertical threat

1665153659358.png

I thought this was the promising comment in the article

Boundary corners are typically press man corners, especially against any 3x1 sets since most teams play the weak safety (DS below) on the inside most receiver in trips if he's a vertical threat

View attachment 497520

They call them boundary CB because they specialize playing the short side of the field.

In most trips formation those 3 wrs are on the farside of the field, with the boundary playing the one WR backside on the short side of the field erasing any last read or reverse action

VN Store

Back