Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Struggled to put up points against good defenses” who have we struggled to score against? Besides I don’t know maybe the greatest defense in college football history
That thread is hilarious.

Go back to preseason last year and they were predicting that TN would win 3 or 4 games. Heup wins 7 last year and could have won as many as 10 the way the games went, and they say "He hasn't done anything!" Well, he certainly outpaced your expectations! And here we are at number 8 in the country in year 2. Maybe y'all want to revisit your posts in the preseason last year and base your thoughts on Heupel now verses where you thought he'd be.

Now they're saying, well the defense is bad! Okay, last year we had 65 players with 30 portal defections. You expect that defense to be good? And this year, again, there isn't a lot of talent on that side of the ball. Heup has had one recruiting class. One. You expect him to turn around one of the country's worst defenses that quickly? Let's wait until Josephs, Pearce, West, Herring, the other Herring, Bradley, Gibson, Matthews, Smith and others are in their junior and sophomore years, and then lets evaluate the defense, shall we?

Now they're saying, "What happens when Hooker is gone!" probably the same thing that happened after Milton left UCF and Heup developed Gabriel. Probably the same thing he's doing with Hooker who was a throw away from VT. Oh yeah, not to mention the best QB prospect in the country is coming to TN next year.

They're scared, but they'll never admit it. They're hoping and praying.

Last edited:
That thread is hilarious.

Go back to preseason last year and they were predicting that TN would win 3 or 4 games. Heup win's 7 last year and could have won as many as 10 the way the games went, and they say "He hasn't done anything!" Well, he certainly outpaced your expectations! And here we are at number 8 in the country in year 2. Maybe y'all want to revisit your posts in the preseason last year and base your thoughts on Heupel now verses where you thought he'd be.

Now they're saying, well the defense is bad! Okay, last year we had 65 players with 30 portal defections. You expect that defense to be good? And this year, again, there isn't a lot of talent on that side of the ball. Heup has had one recruiting class. One. You expect him to turn around one of the country's worst defenses that quickly? Let's wait until Josephs, Pearce, West, Herring, the other Herring, Bradley, Gibson, Matthews, Smith and others are in their junior and sophomore years, and then lets evaluate the defense, shall we?

Now they're saying, "What happens when Hooker is gone!" probably the same thing that happened after Milton left UCF and Heup developed Gabriel. Probably the same thing he's doing with Hooker who was a throw away from VT. Oh yeah, not to mention the best QB prospect in the country is coming to TN next year.

They're scared, but they'll never admit it. They're hoping and praying.
What will he do without hooker? I can’t remember the last time Heupel has had a bad quarterback. Now is that luck, or do you think there is maybe a correlation🤔🤔

What will he do without hooker? I can’t remember the last time Heupel has had a bad quarterback. Now is that luck, or do you think there is maybe a correlation🤔🤔

Lol. I’m actually worried that we will have too many quality quarterbacks on the roster next year. I don’t like the idea of our staff developing good quarterbacks for other programs.

Anyone snagged the new Tyler Childers album? I pre-ordered it's 3 disc, each disc is a different version of the tracks. But it's just 8 tracks, 2 are instrumental and 1 is a re-release of Purgatory.

I'm a little disappointed, I mean it's Tyler so I dig the songs. But paying double album prices to get 5 tracks basically? Don't dig that.

You bought a physical CD in 2022? I can’t tell you the last time I bought a physical CD. In fact, the only place I could even play it is with my Xbox lol. No CD slot in my car, laptop or desktop PC. Don’t have a DVD player either.

Now I’m curious on if I’m alone in this or not lol

“Struggled to put up points against good defenses” who have we struggled to score against? Besides I don’t know maybe the greatest defense in college football history

In year 1 Bama was the only team to score more points on that Georgia defense and gain more total yards. We really put some fear into them before we faded in the 2nd quarter/2nd half.

Imagine what we'll be able to do this year or next...with how Heupel's been able to recruit here I'm not really worried about "can he sustain it" anymore.

You bought a physical CD in 2022? I can’t tell you the last time I bought a physical CD. In fact, the only place I could even play it is with my Xbox lol. No CD slot in my car, laptop or desktop PC. Don’t have a DVD player either.

I've bought a number of CD's this year. Some classic albums like, Exile On Main Street, Sticky Fingers, Zeppelin II, IV, Physical Graffiti, Presence.

If I've learn anything from streaming services it's that they want to offer the lowest quality they can to save space and they can/do remove content whenever. So even if it's only to rip a copy to keep I don't mind grabbing physical media still.

I mean, outside of Bama in the SEC championship and the NC game, I think we scored the most against that greatest defense in college football history. Think we even put up 375+ yards of offense, but we had two turnovers and got turned over on downs inside their 30 a couple times. Should have had even more than 17 points.

The notion that this offensive scheme can’t score against really good defenses is widely exaggerated. We did all of the above with players in their first year of a scheme. That offense was just getting started and will only get better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back