Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a good coach but it was time for a change. Should give Leonhard the job IMO. Young Energetic Defensive mind
Although Leonhard will probably end up with that job the cheese whizards should take a long look at Alex Golesh. He could do some real damage with the Tennessee offense in the Big 10 in Madison. I would say the same about Nebraska but believe they will wrangle a bigger fish.

The timing makes no sense to me. I don't get what firing a coach before the half point of the season is, especially when he has had success before
I told a buddy I thought his days were numbered because Wisconsin is used to being a 9-10 win team and he was slipping, but it still strikes me as early. And people call Tennessee fans impatient.

That's my concern. Don't forget Slovis looked pretty good for Pitt too before looking like doody against a bad Georgia Tech last night.
Slovis stats were very similar to the way he played… he barely completed 50-% of his passes…. That’s including two tipped passes that his receivers ended up catching….. our defense won us that game…. It was the offense/special teams that let us down against Pitt.

Slovis stats were very similar to the way he played… he barely completed 50-% of his passes…. That’s including two tipped passes that his receivers ended up catching….. our defense won us that game…. It was the offense/special teams that let us down against Pitt.
Fair. The defense really did play well, especially given the short field we gave Pitt a few times.

I've got a bottle of Weller 107 that's unopened. That Weller 12 though.....

I’ve had Weller Special Reserve, Antique 107, and Weller 12. Gets better as you move to the right on the list. But not a Weller fan. It’s wheated and I’m not fond of wheated bourbons.

Have open bottles of Barrel Dovetail and Thomas Handy Sazerac Rye. Handy may be my favorite. Have unopened bottles of Booker’s 2202-01 (Ronnie’s Batch), Garrison Bros. Balmorhea, and Garrison Bros. Cowboy bourbon. Saving those for special occasions. Have already downed a bottle of the Booker‘s and the Balmorhea. Yum.

You previously mentioned the Old Forrester line. My favorites are 1920, Statesman, then 1910. 1897 is okay but nothing to write home about.

EH Taylor is solid. George T Stagg is also good. Elmer T Lee is great if you can find it.

1792 is a good pour. 1792 bottled in bond is really good. Heaven’s Hill bottled in bond is exceptional if you can find it.

Haven’t had Jefferson’s Reserve. Have had Jefferson Ocean. No big deal.

For the budget minded, try Russell’s Reserve 10 year. Jimmy Russell is the Master Distiller for the Wild Turkey family. Rare Breed is also good.

My go to for an average price is Noah’s Mill. It’s a Willett product.

There are so many good bourbons and ryes. I’m trying to make my way thru as many as I can. 🥃🥃🥃

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back